November 29, 2014 | 1033 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I wanted to give my hair a break from the permanent dye, so I switched over to semi-permanent. I picked this brand solely because of the color--I wanted a cool reddish brown and Chestnut Brown fit the bill. I know that with semi-permanent dye I won't get the exact color on the box, but at least it will get me into the ballpark.

The formula is rich...too rich: I also suffered from the clogged nozzle syndrome that others mentioned. But at least the cream didn't run when applied. Odor is pretty pleasant for a hair dye. Hair wasn't damaged in the process and emerged somewhat softer and more conditioned than it was before I began. The color was what I wanted and lasted a long time. It takes a couple of washes to remove the excess dye and really improve the look. It's actually more permanent than it lets on--it didn't entirely fade out and I was left with mildly visible roots.

There is a wide range of colors to choose from. Remember that as it's semi-permanent dye, you can't use it to lighten your hair, not even from dark blonde to light blonde. You can use it to darken your hair but go too dark and the color will be very flat, as well as difficult to fade. Semi-permanent hair color is best for changing the tone of your hair color (e.g., going more golden or more ash) and covering grays. If you're not willing to stay within a shade or two of your current/natural hair color, then you should choose a permanent dye for better results.

I would repurchase it...I have, actually.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by brookesbby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It had been about 7 months since I had died my hair and my hair was a lighter brown and decided to try and dye it with a medium/lighter blonde with Healthy Look. The pricing was great and I used the product right away. It didn't really smell, which was good, but worried me because most good hair dying products smell pretty awful, but work beautifully. After leaving it in for 30 minutes, I rinsed it out, blow-dried it and found out that the only thing it worked on was my roots! I was left with blonde roots and brown hair. Not a good combo, my fellow hair experts. So I had an extra box and a month later went through the same routine and it lightened my brown this time, but only by a little bit. I was not satisfied with this product at all! I think it doesn't really look and will be going back to the Excellence Creme also by L'oreal, but that stuff actually works! I really loved the Excellence Creme, but hate this Healthy Look stuff. Worst I've ever bought and I've boxed dyed my hair now for a little over two years.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by armojam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color i chose was vibrant mahogany, once i applied the dye to my hair i noticed my hair was becoming darker and not true to the color shown on the box. I washed it out after 20 minutes .. my hair felt disgustingly dry even with doing a hair mask . This is the worst hair dye i have ever used . I only tried this because Walmart was out of my shade in natural instincts . Everyone's hair reacts differently to hair dyes, so people may love this brand but as for me i will NEVER try it again. i really hope this stupid color washes out fast, i hate it and I'm very unhappy with the results . Ive been coloring my hair with natural instincts cinnaberry for 3 years or more and i love it .. i hope once this washes out my hair will go back to normal :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by emgb

I hope that they never discontinue this. It is the only semi-permanent dye left that I really love since Natural Instincts changed their formula. I have used two shades, the #3 Darkest Brown (Espresso) which I colored my hair with earlier in the year, and #4 Dark Brown (Dark Chocolate) this past weekend. The #3 is as expected, a very dark brown/soft black. The color was great and exactly what I wanted at the time. The #4 is even better and exactly what I wanted this time. It is a dark brown with more brownish-red highlights.

I think the application is really easy and the results are even. I leave it in for 20 minutes, also. I don't love the conditioner that comes with it as it isn't very hydrating on my hair, but that's a very small con to what otherwise is a very nice hair color. Apart from that, once I again use my regular conditioner, my hair is very shiny and soft. Lastly, I agree with some that it does last much longer than a month.. my hair was still pretty dark when I redyed it. Still, it still looked pretty natural and nowhere near as crazy root grow-out, fade-city as a permanent dye would have after 4-5 months. I will continue to use it and maybe explore some other shades! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by YKupchyk

I bought the Dark Red Brown (Cherry Chocolate) 4BR, and although it is supposed to be SEMI permanent- my roots actually started growing out. 6 months later the red dye is STILL in my hair. Although my texture and movement felt better than after Clairol, the fact that the semi permanent color is actually more permanent kinda kills it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by al332

I never leave reviews, but feel I must. I used the L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color Blonde White Chocolate 8 1/2. I am a dark blonde with blonde highlights. I am sick of getting hair done and spending money. I also hate stripes and think I am starting to have them.

I used this just as the instructions said. I did watch a lot of You Tube videos on how to color your roots first and section off hair and then pull it through. I used to do my hair once upon a time and I highly recommend using the techniques the pros use.

My hair is so soft that I don't need Moroccan oil. It looks good and blended my root line well. I want to highlights maybe once a year so I hope they keep making this.

I plan to leave on my roots longer next time and hopefully get a little more coverage. But it is not fake looking or too dark or ashy. It is pretty and I am happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For now, I'd say I'd buy this again, but I'll have to see how my hair is the next time I wash & dry it. I colored it yesterday with Blond/White Chocolate. It seems to have matched my natural dirty blond color well, and blended my roots that were growing out from my last highlight well. I'd say the color is pretty accurate to that on the box. It was very easy to use, and was quick. My hair felt nice after using the enclosed conditioner. I can't say my hair is glossier by any stretch, but I don't think it's any worse. I may try Clairol Pure Natural Blond next time due to a bit of brassiness I see w/ this color.
Edit:
After several shampoos, this color is a very pretty (non-brassy) blond that has blended my roots & evened out my color very nicely. I still have highlights & low lights, but they are more balanced than before using this.
Recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by budjaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like other reviewers, I had issues with the bottle clogging. I have very long hair, but there was enough in there to cover it all. I am a natural strawberry blonde and it had gotten a bit too blonde for me, so I wanted to amp up the red with 6RB. The package showed that it would be perfect, especially the lighter shade.

Unfortunately, it came out way darker than any picture on the box. I am glad it's a wash-out one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by sawyer01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!
I tried it 4 times and tried 4 different colors hoping it would work atleast one time.
At first i thought it was the color i was choosing, then realized it was nothing but garbage and does nothing but dry our your hair!
So save your money and buy some other brand, or maybe another produce from loreal, just not this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Paula57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first time I have ever been happy with home colouring. My hair is naturally mouse brown. It doesn't look red at all, but for some reason, every time I use a permanent colour, it brings out red (bright). I have been going to a professional for years and the lightbulb has finally gone on. She never uses a permanent on me and I think it's because the ammonia pulls the red. She wasn't able to do my hair, so I tried the L'Oreal Healthy Look with no ammonia in Light Brown (6). The colour is perfect. I have grey, mostly at the front and white at temples so I applied the colour there first before moving on to doing the roots all over the top as described on the package. I waited 5 minutes, then applied colour to the rest of my hair. Waited about 7 or 8 minutes and rinsed. I am totally pleased. The colour is true to the box. Don't know if it's luck, but I will be using this again. The texture is great too.