April 17, 2014 | 1510 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by budjaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like other reviewers, I had issues with the bottle clogging. I have very long hair, but there was enough in there to cover it all. I am a natural strawberry blonde and it had gotten a bit too blonde for me, so I wanted to amp up the red with 6RB. The package showed that it would be perfect, especially the lighter shade.

Unfortunately, it came out way darker than any picture on the box. I am glad it's a wash-out one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by sawyer01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!
I tried it 4 times and tried 4 different colors hoping it would work atleast one time.
At first i thought it was the color i was choosing, then realized it was nothing but garbage and does nothing but dry our your hair!
So save your money and buy some other brand, or maybe another produce from loreal, just not this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Paula57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first time I have ever been happy with home colouring. My hair is naturally mouse brown. It doesn't look red at all, but for some reason, every time I use a permanent colour, it brings out red (bright). I have been going to a professional for years and the lightbulb has finally gone on. She never uses a permanent on me and I think it's because the ammonia pulls the red. She wasn't able to do my hair, so I tried the L'Oreal Healthy Look with no ammonia in Light Brown (6). The colour is perfect. I have grey, mostly at the front and white at temples so I applied the colour there first before moving on to doing the roots all over the top as described on the package. I waited 5 minutes, then applied colour to the rest of my hair. Waited about 7 or 8 minutes and rinsed. I am totally pleased. The colour is true to the box. Don't know if it's luck, but I will be using this again. The texture is great too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by KellyJames

I think that I may have gotten defective package because none of the other reviews seem to mention my issue. I was able to properly apply to the roots on the top of my head, then suddenly nothing was comming out. I still had more than half the bottle full and no matter how hard I squeezed the bottle, nothing would come out.

I was terrified that if I squeezed too much or too hard it would explode all over my bathroom and I. I decided to unscrew the cap and investigate. I found that the nozzle was clogged because the formula created a thick jelly-like clot. Seriously? Even after I rinsed it out with hot water, it would re-clot. I ended up pouring bit by bit into my hand and appling it that way, making a huge mess.

Aside from having to apply this with a sloppy gloved hand, the formula is mild and doesn't smell very strongly. It stained my hairline a bit but not more than most. It washed out fine and didn't seem to do much (if any) damage to my hair. The colour is as expected. Very glossy and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ariben

Just an FYI for anyone considering this stuff: most of these reviews apply to the old version of this product, the one discontinued last fall (at least in the Northeast). The "new, improved" version does not come out as dark and is 15 volume peroxide rather than 20 (ie, less peroxide, and therefore marginally less permanent/damaging). The directions also now recommend 20 minutes of development time vs the previous 10. Also, for my color, #5 medium brown, it seems a bit less red, and slightly more golden than the old version. Also the gray coverage is not quite as good IMO, which is to be expected with a reduction in peroxide.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by editorgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Medium Brown "Truffle"--perfect. Gave me my natural brown back, covered some grown-out highlights and was easy and cheap. Loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by swimfranny

I bought this product prior to reading reviews, but then almost didn't use it due to all the bad reviews. It sat in my bathroom for over a week before I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. Here's why: I have naturally dark blonde/light brown hair that I've been highlighting blonde for years. I've also been growing it out, so I've ended up with pretty much all blonde ends with more of my natural color mixed in near the roots. I normally don't mind this so much, but I just had a baby and haven't been able to get to the salon in three months. So, I had pretty substantial roots showing and the contrast was rather obvious. I knew I wasn't going to get to the salon anytime soon, and I know better than to attempt to highlight on my own. So, I wanted something non-permanent that would even things out a bit until I can get back to the salon. I bought the medium blonde color of this product, knowing it would probably tone down my much lighter ends to blend better with my darker roots. What I ended up with is a very pleasant dark blonde color, that achieved exactly what I wanted. Some of the underlying gold in the blonde shows through, which gives it that new trendy golden Brown (think Jennifer Anniston) color. In response to the negative reviews, I DID perform a strand test to make sure it would turn out as I expected. And to be fair, the color dis come out a shade or two darker than what was shown on the box, but I was prepared for this (and that's what I wanted). Being a temp color, I do expect it to fade somewhat also. Lastly, I also knew the color wouldnt lift my darker roots. This isn't the color I envision staying long term, but its better than be, and quite manageable until I can get back to a professional. In short, I think this product met my needs precisely and I would use it for the same purpose again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by dch05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I almost didn't try this because of all the negative reviews. I previously used Natural instincts in Nutmeg and due to a bad Clariol experience, I decided To try something else. I hadn't colored my hair in 10 months, but over the summer my dar brown hair gets brassy, so I wanted to even out my hair color and cover a few grays. I used 4 dark brown -dark chocolate. When I rinsed the hair color, my normally fine hair did not feel like straw. I felt silky and my hair did't 't feel damaged like it did with NI. The color was nice from the start. With NI it is always way to dark the first week then fades right out. The LOreal was a great color and stayed the same color the whole month, and faded lightly. I waited until I was on my second box before I reviews this item. I will definitely be using the LOreal brand over the Clariol brand from now on. Clariol dried out and ruined m hair, since the 10 month break from coloring and a bad brassy Ronald McDonald experience. and no, I only used neutral dark brown hair colors, so my hair should not have turned brassy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by mermaid4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I used this product my hair was a dyed light auburn hair with highlights, I wanted something a bit richer for wintertime, so I choose healthy look in 6RB, the color on the box appeared to be a nice auburn brown, so I though that when I apply this on my hair it should blend in just fine. When I colored my hair, it came out dark pinkish purplish reddish color : ( I will be going to salon to correct : (

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by curtsgirl

I usually have my hair professionally dyed auburn and highlighted in honey. The last time I had it dyed, it was too light and I got tired of it very quickly. I wanted to have it dyed dark, but around the holidays, it is hard to afford professional color. I was very timid buying home hair color due to my highlights. I bought the Dark Golden Brown hoping my hair would turn out a dark auburn with darker auburn highlights. My fiance actually applied it to my hair so I could get better coverage. After I washed it and dried it, I was IN LOVE! It turned out better than I could have imagined and the conditioner that comes with it, is amazing. My hair feels healthier than it has in a long time. I hope it doesn't wash out too soon!