July 29, 2014 | 1111 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Blemish Recover Balm SPF 28

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jiny8309

I've been looking for a bb cream for my acne-prone skin and I got this from my friend's recommendation. I've had it for a month now and I don't use any other bb cream nor foundation anymore. It's my HG bb cream! I always get a few pimples no matter what products and after using this bb cream I have nothing on my skin. It has a thick consistency and gives you full coverage. You need only a tiny amount to use it. Non cakey, non drying and it controls shine really well. And it stayed on my face for 8 hours which I love! The colour seemed too light but it blended into my skin tone nicely. Overall, it's worth the money and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the second BB cream I have tried thus far and I think it is the most effective one! (the other one I tried was the Gold Skin79 BB cream)

The texture is pretty thick like a foundation but once you blend it in, it's feather light and it does a great job in controlling oil production. But best of all, it covers SO well! If you have old acne scars, it fades those very nicely and if you just finish off with a finishing powder or a good loose mineral powder, you're good to go!

I noted that the other BB cream i tried did not cover AT ALL so the BRTC BB cream is phenomenal compared to the SKIN 79 one I have. I have also got some sample packets of other Korean brands of bb cream so I shall try those first but for now, I adore the BRTC BB cream and it's my go-to cover up for everyday use. Light and effective, recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by CocoSa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking around for a bb cream for acne-prone skin and eventually chose this one. I have the type of skin that will break out from wearing foundation for a few hours.

In my opinion, I absolutely love it. I can wear it all day and not get any spots, not to mention to seems to nicely cover my existing blemishes and spots. To some extent it has restored my confidence in myself.. i can wear makeup! As most tinted-moisturizers and foundations I have tried either cause spots or aren't thick enough to cover existing spots.

At first the cream seemed a bit thick, but you just have to spread around your face. It also seemed a little too light but it soon blended into my skin tone :)

It actually left my skin feeling quite soft afterwards. Whether or not it fades acne scars i'm unsure.. I shall have to wait and see but i'm definitely happy with my progress so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After much research, and much debating, I got myself this BB cream. I've had it for a week now and so far I like it very much :) I have acne prone skin with some acne right now and I'm always breaking out. What got me excited was the possibility of having a foundation type product that would at least not make my acne any worse. And it hasn't so far. If it were I probably would have gotten a reaction by now but so far so good. It's supposed to help heal acne, I'm not too sure about that but NOT causing acne is good enough for me! It does have tea tree oil in it (you can smell it for a little bit but quickly dissipates) which is supposed to be good for acne.
It feels thick going on, and that scared me at first, but once you blend it over your face, I use my fingers, I find it feels quite light and very natural looking. This is the most natural looking coverage I have gotten from any product! It has a decent amount of coverage too. I use less of this than I would foundation, or even tinted moisturiser since I find it very concentrated, and I think applying too much wouldn't be a good idea.
On me the finish isn't quite matte but matte enough, super matte also doesn't look very natural anyway. It hold up pretty well throughout the day but I haven't worn it for longer than 8 hours, but it isn't quite summer here yet and I haven't really been sweating in it much. I do have fairly oily skin for reference.
I am NC25 in MAC and this matches me great, goes on a little light but after about 15 minutes it looks perfect. I have heard that this self adjusts for people over time so maybe it has some tone adjusting properties?
I am very pleased with this and I would totally buy it again. I like that I don't need to use much product (so the tube last longer) and it has spf in it too!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bbcreamlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I really love this bb cream's oil control ( about 3 hours?) , but it was too light for my nc 25-30 skintone. However, it will blend in to your skin over time. But it wasn't the easiest bb cream to blend. However, it really helped with my pimples AND stayed on my face for 6 hours , which is already an accomplishment for me! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ambomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

1.) i'm asian
2.) i have oily, acne-prone skin
3.) i used to have horrible acne, so now im left with scarring, and i still get occassional breakouts with cystic acne, but it isnt too bad now
4.) i have medium/tanned skin. Maybe light too, but definitely not fair.

I bought this bb cream after reading reviews on their website. I recieved it in exacly 8 days and tried it immediately (i live in hawaii). The consistancy is thick, and is somewhat hard to blend all over your face (if you use a small amout as directed) unless you have some sort of moisturizer or primer applied. There is a pink undertone, and even though i applied only 5 small dots onto my face (nose, cheeks, forehead and chin) i still looked ghastly ghostly. It looked like i soaked my face with sunscreen...

But enough about the looks, onto the effects. I did see slight whitening of my acne scars, and a definite reduction of new breakouts. The bb cream also did exactly what it says on the package-control oil. And it did just that perfectly.

Recommendations: good for people with acne, good for people with fair skin, good for controlling oil, whitening past acne scars, good coverage (just dont add too much or it WILL look like you are wearing a mask)

Overall i would buy it again. People out there with medium/tan/dark skin, if you buy this and use it, please please please be sure to have a foundation darker than your true skin tone and mix it with this bb cream to create your desired skin match. For example, i use Shiseido the Makeup in Ocre 60, and mix Ocre 80 with this bb cream. Creates my shade perfectly err'time. :)

Hope that helps. Cheers!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by allieong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the BB cream I use when my skin is feeling oily or when I have those pesky blemishes. It helps control the oil, keeps my face matt and does a decent job calming down my blemishes. And the good thing is, it doesn't cause my skin to flare up or clog my pores.
Like the other BRTC BB cream that I used (Jasmine Water BB cream), it is thick but highly blendable (so you don't need much), gives a natural and dewy sheen and doesn't look cakey on my skin.
My only gripe with this product is the colour. I am a NC30 and it gives my skin a slight ashen tone when I first apply it. Strangely as the day goes, it slowly matches my skin colour. And of cause if it bothers you loads, a light dusting of your favourite powder on the top can help even out the colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by doedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for 2 days and I totally broke out on my both sides of my cheeks, a bit on my forehead and chin. I'm not sure if this is due to weather change but prior to trying out the BRTC Blemish Recover Balm, I was using The Face Shop Face It New BB Cream Whitening Dual BB and it cleared up my skin a lot. I was actually expecting a lot more from the BRTC one until I tried it out.

Oil control wise, it did control my forehead oil, however, my nose still oiled up within 3 hours. My friend even joked that she could almost see a reflection of herself with the amount of nose oil I had O.o

After my skin clears, I'm going to try it again to see if it's really the BRTC that's causing this but I haven't broken out so bad in a long long time.

If there's improvements, I will come back to edit my post. For now I'm going to rate as is.

Edit: So I was brave and gave this another try half a year later, and this time I didn't break out. I was quite worried the first few days after retrying it but it works now. Maybe it's the temperature of the summer weather or something but it's working really well for me now. I rated it a 2 before and now it's a 5. It makes my skin look very nice. Another trick is blending it with Sonia Kashuk's foundation brush, gives it a really perfect finish without appearing cakey and thick. It's still a bit dry on though so I put in a bit of Aveeno moisturizer before applying. Definitely will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by BabyAdore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is gotta be one of my top favorite bb cream!
The coverage is medium to thick, depends on how much you put on your face and I don't need to use a lot for the whole face, I just need to use a little.
The oil control is good and also it gives me the dewy glowing look.
It also able to conceal my under eye dark circles, scar and uneven skin tone.
It feels light on my skin as this bb cream does not feel heavy on my face and it blends perfectly with my skin tone.
I can just wear it alone or put on loose powder or pressed powder after I put on this BB cream.
It looks really natural on my skin as if I do not use any makeup on.
It also does not make my skin breakout at all (a big plus in my book) and it also has SPF28.
The price is quite expensive than other BB creams that I own but overall I will definitely re-purchase it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While is this considered a tinted moisturizer, it definitely does NOT feel light as a tinted moisturizer. True to what the product claims, this is great at controlling oil especially around the t zone area but I have broke out from this bb cream around the cheek area.

As a "blemish recover" I find that the bb cream did not heal my blemishes. It does however do a great job concealing it at a PRICE. Often when I wear this, I find later on bumps/small pimples on the areas I applied this. NOT a happy camper. Perhaps I'm allergic to some of the natural ingredients the bb cream has.

I would recommend those with very oily skin but does not break out to use this bb cream. NOT recommened for dry skin, sensitive skin, and those with severe acne.

Since I do not like the heaviness of this product and discovered that skin broke out from it, I will not be repurchasing.