September 20, 2014 | 1743 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Venenumletalis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This liner is simply great. I've gone through 5 or 6 jars already, and it is my favorite among the drugstore brands. For just $3 you get a good amount of liner in a nice little jar, and I even like the brush it comes with. ELF's liner is very creamy and easy to apply, and has pretty good pigmentation. I've tried it in black, purple and blue- black and purple are my absolute favorites. Purple looks gorgeous on hazel eyes.
What I love the most about this liner is that it lasts all day or night without smudging, flaking or transferring to your eyelid. I've worn it in cold, heat, humidity- no issues ever. For comparison- Maybelline's gel eyeliner doesn't perform nearly as good leaving me with smudges and faded color. If you ever wonder which one to get- go for ELF.
The only thing to look out for is making sure you get a fresh pot of this eyeliner- check before you leave the store, because once I got a pretty dry product and it didn't work so well. Fresh product adheres to the jar on all sides and is soft and creamy (should not have any sort of cracks).
Great product, great value. I highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Nova0407

I had high hopes for this because all of the great reviews and first impressions on this. I wanted to love it but it just didn't work for me. Pros: it is very creamy, dries fast, and it is very pigmented (I bought black). Cons: after an hour the eyeliner cracks and flakes off, my eyelids are oily so it smudges, doesn't last long. I had no use for it anymore and didn't want to throw it away so i sometimes dip a tiny bit with my angles brush and with a light hand, line the bottom of my eyebrows then use a eyebrow brush to blend it. Makes my brows nice and defined.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

Woah maybe I got duds. I'm reading all of these reviews, and it seems like everyone is saying that theirs was too creamy. Mine was just the opposite. When I got it, it was so dried out that the entire product came out in one piece. I emailed ELF, and the sent me another. SAME THING.

Not wanting to waste it, and willing to pull some magical DIY experiment, I mashed it up into crumbly bits (it was that dry, yes). Then added eyedrops. Then microwaved it. It was kind of workable. I tried adding a little bit of vaseline (which I realize now is a big no-no, but I was in experiment mode). It worked, but then I had the problem everyone is describing here. It wouldn't stay put. So I had to set it with primer underneath and eyeshadow on top.

I was super bummed but the plum purple is a lovely deep purple, but dang... too. much. work.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by beachsunlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't expect much from a "cheap" brand but I decided to give this liner a try. I works well enough on my lid.. I tried it with MAC painterly paint pot and it stays on day. for girls on a budget or want to sqeeze a nickel I would say try this. I use it regulary

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this liner and it smears and makes eyes look like panda eyes, smears on bottom too after 30 min...no likey

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Jshaath

The best cream eyeliner of all time. And for $3? Can't get any better than that

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in copper, black, and midnight. I've already reviewed copper on its page here on MakeupAlley, but I couldn't find a page for the other two.
In general, this eyeliner is amazing. The texture is wonderfully creamy, and I received very pigmented eyeliners. There is no noticeable scent. As we know, E.L.F. can be hit-or-miss; some people receive "duds".
Let me give an example--if I wear this eyeliner, shower, and go to sleep, the next morning, it's still perfectly applied. Okay, there is a bit of smudging, but that's only to be expected, and it could be much worse.
I highly, highly recommend this product--it's long-wearing and looks amazing, and it's easy to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

I love how creamy this is and rich in color but it dries fast and flakes easily :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

Ive had the ELF cream eyeliner in the color Black for about two weeks now and I really like it . it glides on to my eyes really soft . stays on for a long time and doesn't really bother my eyes or anything like some eyeliner . Great price and the pigment is really good too :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by SummerDew

I bought this last year and was in LOVE with this eye liner. I thought I found my replacement for my HG Mac Gel liner in black track. I play sports and tried diving into water with it on and it stands up well as long as you don't purposely rub it off.

HOWEVER, I recently tried the other half which I saved and depotted into a Mac gel liner jar to keep it from drying out and that`s when it sucks. The stored gel liner was way too creamy. It smudges in my crease and it travels even with urban decay primer potion and eye shadow underneath. Even after swatching on my hand and letting it sit for a minute, it still smudges after rubbing. I think the bottom layer of the cream liner that I stored is more moist and therefore takes a lot longer to dry. This eyeliner would work best if it's kept in a packaging that allows it to dry out a bit so that it won't smudge so quickly when used.

TLDR/Verdict: If you have eye lids that fold over where you place your eye liner eg. hooded lids it would likely smudge because it takes a longer time to dry completely. If your lids don't touch your liner then this will be great. But just to say I don't have hooded lids and it smudges along the wings and on the crease. The eye liner works best as it dries up a little and not as moist. I got it to stay on all day by using a primer, powder on top plus a liquid on top to seal it.