November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - studio secrets - anti shine mattifying

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

HG oil control product!
I'm the type of person who hates primers. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and they usually always cause me irritation or breakouts. Not to mention they never help my combo (oily t zone / normal-dry cheeks) skin stay matte for more than an hour anyway. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting much from this. L'Oreal come out with a good face primer? Ha...it was laughable.

I saw this for £9.99 in Superdrug, for a 20ml bottle. The bottle is very small, but the design is good. It's a pump dispenser bottle so it makes getting the primer out very easy and more hygienic.

First thing that I love about this primer is the fact that it only has 2 or 3 ingredients. No extensive list that I know will cause my skin to breakout...off the top of my head, I think the ingredients are cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, and crosspolymer...see - a very easy list to remember!

I use 1 pump for my face - it's more than enough, but I find it too tempting to push the pump all the way down when I'm using it. 1/2 a pump would surely be sufficient. Anyway, I focus this on my t-zone and then spread the remainder on my cheeks. It leaves my face feeling silky soft, allowing me to apply my foundation/powder effortlessly.

In regards to lasting power, this is where I'm amazed. My skin generally oils up within an hour after applying makeup, no matter what the weather is like, or what makeup I'm using (liquid/creme/TM/powder/mineral powder etc...) -- everything oils up on me. Even in this cold British winter weather where it's snowing...my face still looks like a frying pan. So I was really amazed when the first time I wore this, after 6 hours rushing about driving around with the car heating on full blast and running up and down stairs and chasing my 2 year old around...my face hadn't oiled. Seriously. Even my nose - which is the oiliest nose in the world - was matte.

I was so ecstatic that I walked straight past my partner in the middle of the street, only for him to run over asking why I ignored him, and me replying "Never mind about that...LOOK HOW MATTE MY FACE IS!" (yes, I got a *very* evil look and plenty of insults hurled at me for saying that). Not one part of my face looked greasy, I didn't even look dewy, I just looked matte. For days that I don't want my face to look completely matte with this primer, I just spritz a spray of makeup mist to give me a more dewy look....even so, my face doesn't oil up like it usually does when I use makeup mist.

I also haven't experienced breakouts with this or irritation. Also, my makeup lasts all day whenever I wear this primer, something which it never usually does. I rarely have to blot...maybe once if I'm being extra active.

I would definately repurchase and recommend for all you ladies who are sick of the oil spills.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No