MAC Pigment - Rose

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a blush or eye shadow. I have even mixed it into a pot of lipbalm!

I was so excited to try this pigment, but was really disappointed with the texture and consistency. It's such a beautiful pink with gold, but it's chunky. The texture is enough to turn me off of it completely, that's how bad it is. I've tried it over UDPP and other bases, but it just won't stick nor will it stop caking. And I mean gross, flaky, cracked, caking that is quite obvious and disgusting looking. It's hard to appreciate the quality of the color when it's so hard to work with. The only real way to utilize this pigment is to really wet it down with some sort of medium, or like a previous poster said, with gloss. But though I love the color, I would never ever repurchase this pigment nor would I recommend it.

on 3/7/2010 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the colour of this pigment. However, the texture isn't great and it just doesn't seem to transfer the colour into my eyelids well at all. I've used it with many products on my eyes including UDPP and not even this can get a good colour pay off that will stay. I'm really disappointed as the colour in the pot in gorgeous. It doesn't work for me, but I'm sure it will work for other people, I just wish it would as it is a really special colour. I'm hoping I can find another use for this as someone suggested mixing it with clear gloss. I'll try that and see how it goes. I won't be repurchasing as I have a massive tub and won't get much use out of it :(
EDIT: Deducted a lippie as I just can't get on with this pigment :( :(

on 3/1/2010 10:38:00 AM

I absolutely loved this in the jar, but wearing it is something else entirely. The color is a gorgeous deep rose with flecks of gold throughout. On the lid, it's mainly an iridescent gold with rose undertones. I definitely expected more of a rose color. Because of the very chunky texture, I had to press this on my lid at least 3 times to get a decent color payoff. There was so much fallout when used over TFSI, that I had to use a makeup remover on my cheeks and under my eye area right after. This is the only pigment I've ever had to do that with, and it's a huge no-no during the early morning rush. Don't get me wrong. The color is gorgeous, but it does require some patience. This is phenomenal when mixed with a clear lip gloss. On the fence about repurchasing.

on 2/26/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I don't think this pigment is anything spectacular- The texture is very similar to MAC's rushmetal pigment and over a base the colors seem almost identical. I received a sample of this in a swap, and Im glad I did because I was planning on getting a full size online, just by judging swatches. There is alot of fall out from this, and though the color is nice on my lid it transfers to my crease looking a bit odd, I do like this for my crease and lower lashline though. So a nice pigment, but nothing I would ever purchase a full size of, the sample itself will last awhile.

on 1/15/2010 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This pigment is a raspberry, cool pink rather than a rose color in my opinion. It has a high shine, shimmery finish that is almost metallic. It isn't as buttery smooth as other pigments and tends to drag more across the eye going on.

I purchased a half teaspoon in a sifter jar and I doubt I will need more as this is too bright of a color for me to wear everyday. I get some fall out with this unless I use a good primer.

Lovely color, just not very user friendly and I don't usually wear colors this bright in the pink and purple ranges.

I won't repurchase this, but I am glad I gave it a try. Maybe I expected more of a muted pink for "rose."

on 1/15/2010 1:53:00 PM

I was highly drawn to this pigment because it looked completely different to all of my own MAC pigments
I swatched it and was really excited to get home and try it out, but when I did try it the pigment just refused to stick! It was giving me heavy fallout, even using UDPP!
I tried again using mixing medium and it improved the texture, however when applied wet it creases and leaves your eyelid looking kind of crinkly and old!
It worked beautiful as a lipgloss and it is also nice dabbed ever so lightly over a light blush, but I dont rate it highly as a pigment.

on 1/3/2010 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This color look beautiful in the bottle, but not very bright on my eyes. it's more of pink with a gold shine. Which I don't mind, I just wanted it to be more red. I would buy thi product again just not a full jar.

on 5/6/2009 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Gorgeous pigment and one that i would use as a blush, lip or eye colour which is great for value for money! really really pretty - f i run out of my sample I will most probably buy the full size

on 8/25/2008 4:58:00 PM

This is my favorite MAC pigment of all time. I was a little worried when I first applied it on my lid. But after blending in some browns, it makes a gorgeous smoky eye. I also use a little on the cheeks. It gives you a great glow. My favorite thing is to mix it with a clear lipgloss. This is definitely my HG lipgloss color. It is so pretty. I never want to run out of this pigment!