April 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lollipop

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jscott20126

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great "old skool" red, and has a great shine to it. It a bit between a jelly and a creme and in 3 coats it is completely opaque. This color surprised me, because I usually do not like Essie reds, but this one delivered. Nice!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lollipop is a very pretty high shine creamy retro red, not too blue, not too orange, and although I'm not sure I'm completely sold on it, I think I would prefer a hint more blue, more classic less retro, it is a lovely red none the less and a great red to start your collection with.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lovely color! Bright red, very retro.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by CoCoTee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Lollipop. It's such a versatile color. I think it's season-less. It's a great summer color as well as every other season. It really pops.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ser289

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I was nervous that Lollipop was going to be too orange-y for my pale, pink-based skin tone but after I put it on I was pleasantly surprised. This is a very happy vibrant, almost poppy-like color. I highly recommend this color for someone who likes to wear bright happy colors on their nails.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by theNYues

Essie Lollipop is a glamorous red polish that has a slight coral undertone with a very pretty glossy finish. I had this polish for a while but I received so many compliments today I had to write a review. Despite the coral undertones it is a very versatile color and I can see myself wearing this through the fall and winter.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by zoemaree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first ever Essie polish - but absolutely not my last. I am a sucker for the bottles, the perfect application and the payoff. I purchased this polish based on swatches online and I love it just as much on my nails as in pictures. It's squishy, for lack of a better word. A beautiful bright red jelly that looks touchable and soft, this red is my new favorite and despite the orangey undertones, suits my previously vamp-shades-only nails (I'm looking at you, third bottle of LPAD) and my super pale skin a treat. After one day of relatively strenuous wear - packing up boxes and generally disregarding my hands - I am shocked and delighted at how well this has held up with the only visible tipwear if I squint really hard and hold my nails up almost to my eyes and not a chip in sight. Definitely my new go-to red. I'm just sad it took me so long to join the Essie side of the force.

Edit 5/22/2011: Still my favorite pedi color and my summer go-to. Again, even though it has significant orange in it, Lollipop somehow makes me look tanned. I don't know how, but anything that makes me look tanned is an instant 10 in my books. Love this shade and haven't found anything quite like it.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! Second Essie product and again I am blown away!!! Why am I still buying OPI?

I have six OPI reds, and this one tops them all! Somehow it's warm and cool, but looks amazing! I can't see how it wouldn't look great on everybody.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There are no words to describe how much I love this polish. It's perfect for winter, perfect for summer- my two favorite seasons!
Every time I wear this, I get ten thousand compliments from anyone imaginable- They love it as much as I do! I'm so glad I got this before it was discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this last year as a gift from a friend and it's the only polish I keep reaching for the past several months! Now that spring has finally sprung, I have been using this polish like crazy for pedicures and manicures. I get so many compliments when I wear this color. In the bottle, it is a dead ringer for a glossy candy apple, but when I apply it's a bit of an orangey/red, which looks nice with my medium skin. I have so many red polishes but Lollipop is one that I can't live without! This polish holds up really well too, it hardly ever chips on me and lasts for a while.