July 29, 2014 | 1996 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Age Defying Spa Illuminator Bare Light

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When worn alone this gives me a very natural, subtle radiance to my cheeks, brow bone, and the bridge of my nose. I like that the consistency is quite thin which makes blending effortless. I also like that there is little to no color in this highlight so it doesn't look streaky and awkward. Bare Light is not greasy and it doesn't break me out. Im very impressed with this product and I will be purchasing the Gold and Pink versions in the near future. I highly recommend this to everyone looking for a natural liquid highlight

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sugarcomatose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous! I love this highlighter. It's the perfect amount of shimmer without being glittery at all. I use it on my cheekbones, and it looks so pretty when the light hits it. I don't really think that the shade Bare Light has any color to it (I'm NC15 in MAC), so there's no weird stripe on my face, and I don't have to spend a ton of time blending it out. Another great thing about it is that I only need to use a tiiiiiny bit, so the tube will last a very long time. It's a bit pricey for a drugstore brand - $11.99 at Ulta, but since Ulta always has $3.50 off $10 coupons, the most you'd have to spend is $8.49, which isn't bad at all. I've been wanting a good, affordable highlighter for so long; I'm absolutely thrilled that Revlon released this.

Now about the packaging: awful. With the brush on, that is. Without the brush, the packaging is just fine. I'm able to squeeze out the tiniest amount without getting too much, and the on/off switch is nice because I don't have to worry about it leaking. I didn't even bother to try the brush, because I could tell just by looking at it that it would be a huge waste of product and that there would be tons of buildup caked on with continued use. So, from the advice of other reviewers, I removed the brush completely. I didn't feel like finding pliers, so I just ripped them out by hand. It's a little hard grasping the bristles at first because they're pretty slippery, but once you rip a chunk of the bristles out, it gets much easier. Here's a little tip: Find the nozzle, which is located in the center of the bristles, and pull the bristles away from it, so that you can grasp them from the inside and outside.

Overall, this is a really great highlighter, and I totally recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lisalibrary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this, it gives me the perfect glow! I'm very fair and the bare lights is wonderfully perfect. I think this illuminator would look good on any skin color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

*******I believe this is discontined.********

PROS: A lot cheaper than most highlighters. Soft, very subtle, but still sufficient highlight. Does not make me more oily. Doesn't make my big pores look worse.

CONS: Still not cheap. Wish they had more range of colors because the lightest one they have, pink light, is too pink for my N15 (leaning to NC) skin. The next lightest one, bare light, is fine, but I wish it were just a bit lighter. Gold light was too dark on me.

USAGE TIPS: The brush, as others have mentioned, just traps and wastes product. (I did as others suggested and pulled out the bristles with pliers....make sure you turn the cap to "off" first!! Then the packaging works fine.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I just apply lightly with fingers and blend quickly.

ALTERNATES: Better to me than Moon Beam by Benefit because it is a little more natural (Moon Beam has a little more irdescence.) This has something like 20% less light reflection than Moon Beam. The "Pink Light" is supposed to be a cheaper dupe for High Beam. I personally think High Beam is more frosty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kristen1191

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I've tried tons of high end highlighters and none gave me a natural believable glow like this one. I opted for this color because its more yellow based therefore blending in with my skin better.

Wayyyy better than the popular high beam liquid. I dont even reach for that anymore!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Bought this product because it was a throwback to the Skinlights line that Revlon used to produce in the 90s. This appears to be the exact same thing but in worse packaging! I just did what the other ladies did and pulled the bristles off with pliers. They came right off and now there is a great nozzle. ALSO great because there is an OFF/ON capability. I think some people didn't notice it. But it totally doesn't leak when you have it switched to off.

I used to use this Smashbox highlighter but no more. This stuff is great and it was really cheap for me. I got it on clearance for 3 dollars. A little goes a long way too so I know this will last and last. P.S. this has SPF so its fab, not that I rely just on this for sunscreen. This is a highlighter after all.

Quality product for a phenomenal price. I will definitely repurchase this!

UPDATE: OK so this product definitely will leak if you leave it on the ON side and stand it up so be careful! Also I found that this isn't as shimmery when applied with a sponge which is disappointing compared to the Smashbox highlighter. I don't like to use my hands to apply makeup so this is a little disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: I de-liquided this into an empty foundation w/ pump bottle I had, MUCH better. The pump still dispenses too much product, as very little goes a long way. But better than Revlon's design which wins FAIL OF THE YEAR award for makeup packaging (and there's a lot of competition).

First, a note on the packaging: it sucks. I hate the brush so bad, I CUT IT OFF. I wish I had read the plier trick below, first. That seems like a better solution... anyway, cutting the brush off is a bad idea because the product now leaks. Luckily, it leaks into the cap and not all over my other makeup, but still. Kind of irritating. Bad call on my part. That aside, this is a nice highlighter. It's a liquid, but it dries quickly enough, and doesn't look greasy. It is glittery, but kind of looks more shimmery than glittery because the glitter particles are fine. Which is fine with me. I'd repurchase, but MAN I wish they'd redesign the packaging. When will makeup companies learn not to include shitty brushes? I'd rather have no brush at all, and use my own non-shitty brush.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

When I first bought this I did what the other ladies did: took a pair of pliers to this brush. Brushes on a foundation container is just awful and a poor idea (companies learn from this and stop making them this way!)

While this is okay if you set it with powder, I have discontinued using this. Without powder you'll look like a character from Twilight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Love this..Ladies (or gents) if you hate the brush applicator as I do, just take a pair of pliars to the bottom of the bristles and the brush part pulls right out, no problem. The bottle will still lock the same and no product will leak. As far as the product, it's wonderful, perfect highlighter than blends effortlessly and gives that etheral glow without being overly chunky or glittery. highly recommend.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by oOhsilly

I actually got this product on clearance at Target sometime last year, I'm glad I picked it up. It does give you a nice glow and is easily blendable too. It's shimmery but its not like chunks of glitter everywhere. Bare light give off a nice golden sheen on my skin, I haven't tried the other ones yet. This product smells nice kinda of like flowers or something along the lines. There is SPF in the product as well but SPF 18 is kind of a weird number to set as an SPF but whatever, the product works really well. I feel like liquid highlighters like this one are more natural looking then powder ones. One thing is the packaging, wish it wasn't a squeeze tube with a brush end applicator though.