September 2, 2014 | 1850 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful lipstick and I am glad I bought it. I really like the smooth creamy texture. I find that the colour works really nicely with my skin tone, and it appears to be a peachy nude on me. The packaging is really nice, especially for a drugstore brand, and it feels nice in your hand. I do agree that it doesn't last very long because of the creamy texture, so that factor is a little disappointing. As far as price goes, it is expensive here in Australia. It is $24 USD for it here. The only con for me is that the colour seems to darken on me after 10 minutes. Overall, a beautiful product and colour, and I will be buying it again. Enjoy, beautyqueens! x

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Sta1cee

PROS
    ~Moisturizing

CONS
    ~Very sheer
    ~Lasts less than 30 minutes
    ~Bleeds easily
    ~Not a true nude

I bought this lipstick based on all the positive reviews and I fail to see what the hype is all about. This lipstick is more like a lip balm. After several layers, I still can't see much of a color deposition. It's also more of a hazelnut beige color than anything else. Not very flattering against my pale skin. For $8, I expect a bit more pigmentation.

Definitely wouldn't recommend it unless you have time to reapply this mess every 20-30 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This looks like a sheerer version of MAC's A Perfect Day on me. APD is more opaque, but Soft Nude is more moisturizing and doesn't leave a pale ring of color around the inside of my lips when it wears off. Also doesn't pull orange or peachy on me at all, which is great. One lippie off for weak staying power, though; my lips seem to absorb the color within an hour of application.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by californiagirl103

I have been trying to find the perfect nude for my skin tone (light-medium). I have been eyeing Mac's Creme d'nude, but didn't feel like spending too much money, so I got this instead and I am very satisfied! it is a beautiful color, I will definitely buy again

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by helenesq

Totally washed me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Firstly I love the packaing of this product, the way it feels in your hand nice and solid and a little bit posh. The lipstick itself is lovely very creamy and glides on nicely.

Pros: Lovely product, great packaing.

Cons: For some reason on me this hue just dosen't work and if my lips are even the tiniest bit dry then it shows up in the worst way in fact it enhances that dryness.

Would I buy this colour again. No. I find with this hue that I can only wear it if I layer another colour/gloss over the top. With other lippies that I own I can wear them by themselves or layer them. With this one not. I've also marked it as being on the more expensive side in Australia this usually retails around the $20 mark which is expensive for a drug store type brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

First, I will describe my skin tone. I am between MAC NC18-NC20, Vanilla in Revlon PhotoReady, and Golden Fair in BE. In other words, I'm fair with warm golden undertones. Now to the product. This is my favorite drugstore nude ever and rivals my favorite HE nude (Benefit Lady's Choice -- which is more pink). I am a nude lipstick collector, but I really hate the concealer look. I would describe Soft Nude as a creamy peach-beige with a HINT of pink to keep it from being orange. It is very well pigmented and glides on effortlessly. I love it because I don't need a mirror when I put it on. It's very creamy and does not feel heavy on my lips. I deducted one lipstick because it can emphasize flakes if you are not careful, so moisturize before applying and make sure to set it with a gloss! (I prefer BE Buxom in Bunny. Pretty combo). I would not recommend this for gals with pink skin. My best friend tried it on and it didn't do much for her, but MAC Creme d' Nude works great for pink girls. I would absolutely, without a doubt repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by annnieet

This lipstick is a really nice nude colour! i like it because its not so nude that it will wash you out! It has like pink and peachy undertones, which is very nice. Unlike some lipsticks that dry out and crack your lips, this is very smooth and a very nice texture. It glides on nicely on your lips too! This lipstick would look very nice with the revlon lipgloss "peach petal". Price wise, I think it was kind of expensive. I bought it for 8.99. Overall it is a nice lipstick! xx

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick looks super peachy, almost orangey on my lips. I have to pair it with another lipstick to make it more wearable for me. I find that when I put it straight onto my lips from the tube, it settles into the lines on my lips and makes my lips look super dry. So now I put a more moisturising lipstick on first and then put this on top to tone it down a little. I wouldn't repurchase simply because there are other lipsticks that flatter my colouring better, and it's not my favourite formulation of lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ModernApple

I've been "eye"ing the MAC's creme d' nude lipstick for the longest! But being NEW to the make-up world and a NEW mommy, spending $14.00 on a tube of lipstick (especcially one that I'm not even sure if it'll even look good on me) would be crazzzzy. and I'll feel super guilty, considering a tub of formula is already $14.00. Anyways, not too long ago while at wal-mart picking up a few things I saw a REVLON ad of Halle Berry, and I just fell in love with her lip color which happend to be REVLON ColorBURST Soft Nude. AND it was 1/2 the price of MAC's creme d'nude. First time I tried on the color it immediately washed up my face, but I didn't up. I end up putting over a sheer peachy lipgloss (Revlon's Peach Petal) and eventually wore the lipstick on it's own. Not to mention the packaging is totally CHIC ! defitnitley will buy again! (: