October 21, 2014 | 1161 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - MAC - Pro Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thankfully I got this as a sample bottle, because it stings and dries out my eyes so much that I have to put moisturizer on my lids! I wouldn't recommend this as it is tough on eyes! I shall now continue my search for the perfect eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I don't think this is very "pro." It does an average job of removing eye makeup, but nothing better than many drugstore makeup removers. It is very gentle on the eyes (my eyes, at least), it never stings or anything. The packaging could use improvement - it's a simple screw cap with a small hole in the bottle. I would not repurchase, but I will try to use it up so I can B2M the bottle (don't forget!).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviewers. I really don't understand why this is called 'PRO'. In fact, I believe I bought it thinking it was going to remove everything because it's name and the description MAC provides --"A mega-effective remover". But after almost soaking up I don't know how many cotton balls and pads, this just didn't work. I apply the product for more than 30 secs on each of my eyes and it just didn't remove my waterproof mascara.

Complete waste of money. I like most of MAC product, this is not one of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Ayiti

Complete crap. You're better off trying to remove your mascara/eyeliner with soap and water. Used two soaked cotton balls for each eye, only for at least 40% of my mascara to be left behind, which wasn't even waterproof. Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by cuteiswhatsheaimsfor

Probably one of the worst makeup removers i have ever tried. It was a huge surprise for me,coming from MAC. I was so excited to see the results,but all i got was alot of rubbing and more burning. It was so hard to take of my eyeliner,it took alot of rubbing! And mascara didnt fully come off,either.I was so dissapointed that i had to exchange it for MAC's "gently off eye and lip" remover,which surprisingly worked extremely well! Although it contains oil,oil-based makeup removers are usually the best ones,i strong recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I am a little shocked at MAC for selling such a mediocre eye makeup remover and calling it "Pro." This does not remove much makeup from my eyes; I get the same results from using plain ol' tap water. It takes too much tugging to wipe anything away, and at my age, tugging around the eye area is something I DON'T need. Also, the bottle cap is a bit clunky and cumbersome in my opinion, and it makes it difficult to re-cap the bottle when I'm in a hurry. You have to take the time to line it up perfectly, otherwise, 'clank, clankity-clank,' it goes a bouncin' across my bathroom floor! Not good. I am actually surprised at how poorly this eye makeup remover performs, when you take into account that it is nearly identical (ingredients) to Estee Lauder's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (the only difference is the cucumber extract in the MAC version)... yet Lauder's version has been my HG for over 10 years! Maybe the cucumber extract lessens its effectiveness? I don't know. What I DO know is.... I won't be wasting money on this one again. I will stick with the EL Gentle EMR from now on... plus it's cheaper, too!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do like this remover. I feel like it is gentle on my eyes, but gets rid of all the gunk that is on my lashes and lids. I put a bit on a cotton pad, hold it up to my eyes for a few seconds and wipe. It takes a few wipes, but it definitely takes everything off. There is no stinging or burning whatsoever. I would buy it again although it's denitely not an HG product for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible product. You're better off with drugstore eye makeup remover, to be honest. It doesn't remove any makeup effectively. Takes some more rubbing than you should be doing in your eye area. It's really expensive, considering how ineffective it is. I'm surprised MAC doesn't have a better eye makeup remover. I'm sticking to my Sephora eye makeup remover...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by smn864

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awful product. Burns, stings, doesn't even take off MAC's own eyeliner/shadow. I went back to my old stand-by: Lancome Bi-Facil - no trace of anything left behind.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by feralstrumpet

I don't know why I bought this. The good part about it is it leaves no oily residue. The bad is that it doesn't really take my makeup off. I don't even wear that much eye make up usually, and I have to really apply this at least 3 times to get my make up off. I ran out of my gift-size Bi-Facils from Lancome and I don't know why I didn't just spend the money on that product. Or, really melon seed oil removes make up much faster...I just wanted something effective that wasn't oily, but this isn't it.