July 31, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Shrinagar

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick did not grab my attention when it first came out. I was put off by the color o the promo model and negative reviews. But I always come around to trying NARS products in person, and am glad I do. This flatters my olive-toned skin perfectly, and did not go on too pink or fuschia at all. With sheers like Shrinagar, you have to take into account your natural lip color too. Mine are healthy good rosy brown, and Shrinagar adds a bit of life to my face, without overwhelming any feature. It's not too cool, and I don't have to balance it with a cool blush, e/s, etc. It looks good alone. Love the slightly metallic finish, and as with NARS' lipstick introductions in recent years, it is non-drying and comfortable. That said, I wish they'd reformulate Hot Voodoo, a favorite of mine...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this today and I really like it too. The formula is non-drying, the color is not boring and I always like the NARS packaging. I would buy it again if I ever ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

I didn't get a back up for MAC's Sophisto, and they were out of it so I bought Shrinagar as a quick buy. It was a toss up between this and Russian Doll (NARS)...I'm going back to Sophisto, it's creamier and just a perfect rose/berry. Shrinagar is more "blue" and that doesn't work for me in this formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shrinagar is, like Damage, my go-to lipstick. Although it appears "goth" in the tube (darkish purple/red), it applies as a deep berry with an underlying silvery sheen. It's important to note that Shrinagar shares the Damage formula, meaning that it is akin to a balm with a stain in it.

The appearance of this formula is semi-sheer. It can easily be built up by letting the first application wear off to the base.

I use both Shrinagar and Damage with more matte lipsticks that need to be used in concert with a balm or a gloss.

As someone who tends to wear a more dramatic eye and yet who does not like nor look attractive in nude or beige lipsticks, the sheerness of Shrinagar lets me achieve an attractive YLBB berry that is a shade deeper than my natural lipcolor and does not compete with the eye application.

This is a gorgeous color that can take you from day to evening, and it also a great choice for people who cannot wear red. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe there aren't any reviews for this! Shrinagar is a lovely deep raspberry with silver shimmer. It looks very cool and purple in the tube, but morphs into a juicy plummy-raspberry with faint shimmer on the lips. I can see this looking beautiful on different skintones. It's a color that can be worn all year, but it looks really gorgeous for fall and winter. A must for berry lipstick lovers.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No