July 30, 2014 | 2042 users online

Moisturizers - Decleor - Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG night moisturizer. I have extremely dry, sensitive skin. So it is difficult for me to find a product that will be hydrating but not lead to break outs. This works beautifully. I have also tried Eucerin Q10 night creme, which works well but from time to time my skin would still get blotchy. In addition, I have used Tone perfecting creme by Laura Mercier which did even my skin tone, but was not hydrating enough for my skin.
**UPDATE** Removed 1 lippie because it's just not hydrating enough for the windy, chilly winter. I have now also tried Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rehydrating and Repairing care and it worked well in "fixing" my flaky dry skin for about a week, but now I have to use it less since Vichy caused some irritation. I may try Decleor's Angelique line next and see if it helps.
**05Apr11 Update** Removed 1 more lippie. I stopped using this for 1 month and went back to my drugstore Eucerin Q10 for Sensitive skin. My pores have minimized greatly and my skin looks much more hydrated. Also, my dry spots have gone away. This balm smells great and feels very luxurious, but I think it increased the size of my pores.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by tratincica

I bought it online few days ago. The first morning I woke up, my face was beautiful, soft, luminous... I love it! will never be without it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Aletta

Very nice, greasy balm, which is absorbed by the skin very fast after massaging it in. I use it every evening after cleansing my skin with the Ultra Calming Cleanser from Dermalogica, finished with some Cleansing Water from Decleor on a cotton pad. In the morning I use only the Cleansing Water to clean my face and afterwards the new Harmonie Milky creme from Decleor which is also very nice. I don't use the serum Rose d'Orient underneath as advised because I noticed that at this point it is to much for my skin. I am using the products only two weeks now and my skin is looking better than ever before. When my skin is used to the aromatic products I will try the serum under the day cream. This night balm is very relaxing before getting to bed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by annelau

Last winter, my skin was very reactive. The weather in Hong Kong fluctuated a lot. It was sunny and warm one day and cold, windy and wet another day. My cheeks were dry but I had quite serious breakout. I went to have facial in the salon where I have my regular medicure and pedicure. The consultant recommended me to have Decleor facial. I didn't expect much at first because I was a huge Sisley fan and always had an impression that Decleor is a lower tier line.
Anyway, I had the facial done and my skin was immediately relieved and looked more rested. The consultant convinced me that I should buy some products which could calm and nourish my skin, otherwise, my skin would become reactive very soon as I wasn't using the right products. So, I bought Cleansing Cream, Toning Water, Nourishing Cream (am & pm), Rose Serum and this balm.
The balm looks very waxy in the jar. I take a bean size and warm up using my palm. The smell is divine and helps me to relax. My skin is now under control and I am still using it. I think this product is as good as Sisley Restorative Cream. I will definitely repurchase and repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by cristal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is absolutely heaven for my dry, sensitive skin. It's quite expensive, but a little goes a very long way and it's definitely worth it. My only complaint is the packaging, I'd prefer a tube instead of a jar. Even so, this is without a doubt HG for me and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by neesh776

I am absolutely in love with this balm! I just started a retin a regime and my skin was peeling, red and destroyed. After reading a review in a magazine about this and seeing the good reviews here as well I thought I'd give it a try. My skin is normally very oily and acne prone, so I was skeptical about using such a thick balm on my skin but after one night's use I was hooked! I am now able to continue using the retin-a and I have almost no reaction (peeling, splotchiness) to the retin-a at all! My skin is more even toned, glowing and I haven't had a single breakout from using this balm. The lines under my eyes have diminished significantly and my skin feels wonderfully smooth and moisturized. This product smells heavenly too... it is definitely my HG product. It is a bit expensive but a little goes a long way and with the results I'm getting its worth every penny! I am so excited to have found a moisturizer I can simultaneously use the retin-a with that keeps my skin from freaking out and getting so painfully dry like it did before. And it keeps my skin from peeling! All in all I am very impressed with this product and it has earned a permanent place in my skin care regime. I use the proactive wash (morn and night), this balm (morn and night), and retin-a every two nights and in two weeks it has made my skin is good enough to ditch my foundation and able to go out with just some concealer under the eyes! Thanks to all the ladies who recommended it on here!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to get a salon size of this balm. I had been using Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream for awhile. I liked it but it tends to be on the greasy and oily side, not 100% to my liking. 2 weeks ago, I purchased and have started using this balm after I read all the great reviews on MUA board of this balm. It does more than what I'd expected!

I have been travelling extensively and due to the changes of climate, humidity, diet and hectic schedule, my skin became vulnerable and tired. When my skin was about to break out on the night when I received this balm, I was a little bit reluctant to put this one my face,,, but eventually I did. I was pleasantly surprised to find that on the next day after I woke up, it cleared up my skin completely. That tiny bump that was about to break out was all gone without a trace. This rose balm really does the trick. A magic SOS cream I'd say.

I will try to give an update after a month or two on this balm.

Update: Sept 6th 2010----------------------------------------------------------

It's been 6-7 months since I have this balm. Summer is nearly over and during the last few months, I still used this balm at night on and off, just a tiny bit is enough. My skin is normal, but really loves this balm, it keeps my skin very healthy and glowy looking. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Sungheeya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this stuff is great! i got a sample with a Rose D'Orient introductory kit and i so want the full size jar. my skin has been trying to recover from a bad reaction to another product that left me with dry, raw, congested skin. after one night of using this, i woke up with my skin almost completely back to normal! i woke up with well-hydrated, smooth, clear skin. the scent is divine. and only a tiny amount warmed between the hands is necessary so i imagine one jar would last quite a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

work great on my face. It is a little stiff so i have to rub it in my palms, kinda melt it first, then press my hands on my face, and gently rub it in. It smells fantastic and it think the aroma helps me sleep well. i use it after a toner and a light moisturizer. it helps smoothing wrinkles and dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I rotate between this and the Ylang Ylang balm as my night treatment. I have fairly congested skin, especially in the t-zone and this has never seemed to contribute to any clogs. In fact, just the opposite, when I go to sleep with this on I wake up to glowy, more even skin. This is also a good spot treatment to fade post-acne marks. I agree with the previous reviewer about this balm being great for around the eyes. At my age I do not need an aggressive treatment, but using this balm in the eye area keeps the area hydrated which is great in any case.

The directions say to warm the balm up in your hands, but my favorite thing to do is get the spatula, but a bean-sized chunk on my hand, then hit it with the blowdryer for a few seconds before rubbing my hands together and putting it on my face. Feels heavenly and keeps me looking my best. Expensive, but worth every penny.