July 28, 2014 | 1262 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I feel like I would love this concealer....if it was actually hydrating. I bought this at Sephora 2 months ago for I believe, $36. Pretty pricey for a little tube of this stuff but since it was called 'hydrating' I was instantly sold. The lightest shade is the one I got and it is light enough for my skin tone which is excellent because very rarely can I find foundations/concealers/powders that match my skin tone! It is a medium to full coverage and you need very little to get good coverage which does help to justify the price a bit more. I usually use my beauty blender to blend this into my skin and 2 very thin layers will cover a big blemish. Where this concealer fell on its face for me is that the lasting power is very poor. After about 4 hours you can see that it is starting to fade and it fades very quickly from there. As well, it really made any blemishes that I went to cover look really, really dry. Like...peeling and everything. I do not feel like I can recommend this to oily skins because the lasting power is awful and I do not feel like I can recommend this for dry skins because of how it drys out skin so much. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by mpb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: light, hydrating
Cons: medium coverage

I only use this concealer for on the spot treatment for the odd pimple that turns and stays a dark red after it's gone. I don't pick at or scratch my pimples so I'm not sure why this happens, which often takes a month to clear up. I usually have to dab it twice so if you're looking for something heavier then I don't recommend this. I like that it's nice and light and feels like I'm putting on lotion as opposed to makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by stls

Pros:
* Looks really natural
* Blends effortlessly
* Doesn't crease
* Good staying power
* Hygienic tube
* Generous amount of product
* Moisturizing

Cons:
* Coverage is not that great
* Poor color selection (3 shades - Ivory, Beige and Honey)

Overall: this concealer has plenty good points as long as you don't need much coverage and can find a decent color match. I'm about N10 and Ivory was good enough to look natural but didn't brighten my face up.
I'll use it up but most certainly won't repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by martinagarcia

I bought this product because I wanted to cover my dark circles under the eyes, but it doesn't work. It isn't able to cover dark circles although you put more quantity of product.
The only positive things about this product are that it doesn't go in the fine lines around eyes and it seems quite natural (you could even use it without foundation or any other product in your face).
I have tried lots of concealers and for me the best one till now is Bobbi Brown.
I won't buy this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by godivas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is not a miracle product but it conceals my dark circles better than other products, without turning them into purple circles. I also notice it stays intact on my skin for long hours, as opposed to cheaper concealers. I would switch if I found something better but for the time being I'm sticking with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

This concealer does an OK job covering very light under-eye circles and imperfections. If you have darker circles, this product probably won't give enough coverage. One big plus, I did find that this concealer didn't crease or gather in any fine lines around the eye.

Overall: Good concealer for people who don't have particularly dark under-eye circles.
Alternatives: I'm still looking.....
Value: Pretty good. The tube I got has lasted me forever. To be honest, I can't remember when I bought it, but it was well over a year ago.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: WOnderful on my aging skin. Great for layering/building. I'm an N10-N15 (I'm a true neutral but if anything, I lean a little warm), and the number 001 works for me.

CONS: This would not be good for those that don't need the moisture, but it's right in the name (hydrating), so this shouldn't come as a surprise for anyone. But it doesn't last too long on my eye. Not cheap.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you need heavier coverage, this layers okay.

ALTERNATES: My new happiness I've found is using MAC's tinted moisturizer under my eyes (Yes, under my eyes!) and then Stila's Stay All Day Concealer only in the dark circles. By doing this, I don't highlight my puffy bags underneath my eyes. I've heard of people using foundation under their eyes before, but it's always looked horrible on me, until I tried that MAC t.m. Anyway, the Stila on top really does the trick of truly concealing the circles and making sure it will last even longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Pros;

- very thin, can be worn under the eyes
- Dior offers really fair/pale shades for us that are NW/NC 15.

Cons:

- used on blemishes does not give enough coverage. Used under the eyes this gives a dry look, and does not cover good enough there either, especially being a "expensive" concealer.

- Creases in minutes!

- The lightest shade is too white/yellow for my undereye area, cause I have bluish/purple undereye circles...and I'm supposed to wear something more towards peach/pinkish on that areas I guess.... And I'm looking for a concealer especially to cover these...

- expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very high quality product, but I will not be purchasing it again. I love most things Dior, and I really do like a lot of things about their Nude concealer, such as:

1. The color 001 is a perfect match for my NW15 skin
2. This product never broke me out or irritated my dry, sensitive rosacea skin
3. It blends perfectly on my face
4. A little bit goes a long way! I've had the same tube since May or June or this year and I'm not even halfway through. I wear concealer anywhere from 1 - 4 times a week, if that helps.
5. In a pinch, I have actually blended this with a bunch of moisturizer and worn it as a TM, and it looked pretty darn good.

However, this concealer settles in the fine lines beneath my eyes. At first, I didn't really notice, but over the past month (maybe as the weather has changed and my skin has become more dry?) I began to see that the Nude emphasizes what I'm trying to hide! I look younger than I am usually, but when I wear this product, I feel like it shows my fine lines off, so to speak, and for $30 a tube that's just not okay! Again, I like a lot of things about this concealer and I will likely finish the tube up when I cover blemishes and redness. But I just purchased Hourglass's Hidden concealer, which has a much creamier, more substantial texture than Dior's slightly more liquid one. It covers up my fine lines and brightens the undereye area in a way Dior's product does not. So for now, I'm not likely to repurchase this concealer, but I do recommend that others test it out for themselves first.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best concealers I have used. I have tried Elizabeth Arden, MAC, Revlon, Estee Lauder, Loreal, and many other brands. This Christian Dior concealer is far superior. The consistency is not too thick and you can build the coverage with a brush in the under eye area. It lasts well with powder and does not settle in creases as previous concealers I have used often do. It melts into the skin and gives a velvety soft natural finish. It is expensive, but as I do online shopping at Strawberrynet.com I got this for a very reasonable price compared to what I would pay in department store. I will continue to use this fantastic product.