TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

MAC MSF Lightscapde is my absolutely favourite highlighter..until I picked up Mary Lou Mainzer from local Sasa, got it for around S$29 (USD20). Champagne glow, very pigmented. Very different from Lightscapde which is a flat white subtle glow. Totally gorgeous!!

Asian
NC20-25
Chanel Vitalumiere 20 Beige
Diorsnow 020

I'm fairly new to using highlighters, having only previously used a sample of Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl and Stila's All Over Shimmer Luminizer, but I liking the effect of both.

I had heard of this highlighter often on Youtube and other social media so decided to give it a try and I was absolutely blown away! I use this on my cheekbones and the tip of my nose and it gives a lovely glow which doesn't make me look oily/greasy but glowing and healthy.

I think the colour is perfect for my Fair/Medium skin as it is subtle enough (not extremely gold or glittery) yet pigmented enough to be noticeable. It isn't overly pricey yet not something I could afford to buy on a regular (although I doubt it will run out very soon).

I would 100% recommend this, particularly if you haven't used a highlighter before as it's so effortless to use, it just does all the work for you :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my first highlighter I've ever bought. I had really high expectations for this product since almost every beauty guru on Youtube swears by this highlighter. What I experienced is a little different. The packaging is pretty, I love the picture and the name, love the big mirror inside. The colour is beautiful. This might be my own seperate problem or the brush's problem but it just does not apply on my face as pigmented as it swatched or as I expected. It's a nice sattle sheen though, not glittery, not chalky, just perfect. I still use this almost every day, it's quite longlasting and can be natural or very dramatic- it's buildable.

This is my first ever highlighter and I think it's alright. I definitely think the more finely-milled a powder highlight is, the better it looks in person. This one can accentuate pores and make you look like a caked up doll tryna look disco-ey, but it's definitely better than some Youtube MUAs using eyeshadows as highlights. I swear in person, you can see exactly where they applied it, it just doesn't look flattering. This one however, if used with a light hand, and you must feather it out, looks amazing. Especially on the tip of the nose :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I could go on about this product. What can I say? It's STUNNING.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Everyone's been raving about this stuff for a long time, and I finally got a hold of it. I have to agree with everyone: this is the BEST highlighter out there - ESPECIALLY if you are like me and have fair skin.

I've found a couple highlighters over the years that showed up well on my pale skin (Too Faced's Candlelight Duo was my fave), and MANY that were invisible on me (Physician's Formula Glow Pearls, Becca's Opal, etc). Even the ones that did actually light up my face had to be layered on for the full effect. Well, not with Mary-Lou. I barely brushed this on my cheekbones and had a gorgeous, noticeable glow. I am in love.

I can see this highlighter being a bit too intense for darker-skinned girls, but for fair, pasty white girls like me? Buy this. Buy it now. You will not regret it. The hype is real.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HANDS DOWN THE BEST HIGHLIGHTER IN THE WORLD!! I think every single person should own a Mary-Lou Manizer because it suits ALL skin colors. At first I was hesitant to buy it because I thought it would be too light for me but NOPE, the complete opposite, it gives me the most beautiful glow EVER!! (and I'm medium-dark complexion) When i first received it I'm not even kidding I swatched it on my hand more than 3 times because I was mind blown.. I couldn't believe how madly pigmented it turned out to be!! I have absolutely no cons on this product!!

HOLY GRAIL. After hunting down this product for two months at kohls because it was sold out for so long I got my hands on the last one. This retailed for $24 (U.S price) and comes with a mirror. I love love love the pigmentation and how it just gives your face a radiant glow. I've received many compliments on Mary Lou. Be aware that this is crazy pigmented so for those who want a sheer glow be very light handed.

Ooh, i picked this up at the local sasa shop on a whim and it cost me about 30 plus sing dollars. to me, it is a mid range highlighter with quite a cult following so it was quite worth the price just to test out a product with so much hype about it. (much like how i needed to get the NARs orgasm highlighter just because).

Anyhow, this has a lot a lot of product so it is totally worth it. For record, i am a chinese skin tone with the usual yellow undertones. In my 30s now (oh damn) and contouring my face is essential as part of my daily routine.

this is extremely useful in small doses and make sure you blend it very thoroughly. it plays up the non-existent cheekbones and lends a nice glow to my skin. Again, i repeat, use little and sparingly as this may come out as too pale on a yellow skin tone. you got to blend in unless you want the world to know you tried highlighting your face. product wise, i do like it - it is really smooth and the glitter are really microscopic. no strange scent and the packaging is sturdy and compact enough to take out with you.

colour wise, i may be better off with its latest sister ( i believe its the pink based one) as i need to be really careful to blend.

i can't compare it to NARS since they are really different - but the NARS orgasm is really good to make me look glowy with little effort but the price is really way more expensive. both has their pros definitely.

comparing with the NYX highlighter isn't really fair as well since they are very different products. But if i really had to choose one, i guess i would go for this for one main reason - the shimmers makes me look good!

This is by far one if the best highlighters I've came across yet!! Leaves a gorgeous natural shimmer and a little goes along way. The price is amazing and so worth it. The only downfall is it is very easy to over do and look fake. Overall an excellent product

Top Rated TheBalm Products