October 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The perfect highlighter. I use it on my cheekbones, brow bones, inner corners, cupids bow, nose bridge and even as an eyeshadow. It's such a brilliant product! Cute packaging too, and you get a lot of product for your money. Beautiful neutral champagne color. But a little goes a long way when you apply it. I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by iloveiah

Where do I even start???

This product is so versatile, light, odorless, and build-able. And the cute packaging is just a cherry on top. Plus Ive drop it a million times and it has not shatter or budged. I've have this product for almost a year and a half now and I JUST hit pan. It's really pigmented so a little goes just a long way.

It's not one of those highlighters where you can literally see spects of glitter. This formula is so fine then when it's applied onto the skin it just gives off that naturally glistening sheen look. I put it on anywhere.
Some days I don't even want to where eyeshadow and I'll just dab a bit on the center of my eye lids and pop on an eyeliner, mascara and I'll look fresh and alive.

It may be on the pricey side but I think it worth it. This product is a must have.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by livloper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really in love with this product. When I was first introduced to highlighters, I thought this one was just too much, but now that I understand how to use a highlighter, this is the only one I will use. It is absolutely gorgeous, especially on olive skin tones like myself. I think it would be too much on someone very fair or very dark but that's just me personally.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

I love this highlighter! I'm a nc35 in mac and it goes perfectly with my skin tone without looking fake. It gives a luminous glow and blends well on my skin. The only little con I have was the glue sticking the pan to the compact was dodgy and it fell out but easily fixed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by yolanda71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It is a perfect highlighter. I am using it with two ways. I apply it all over my face with circular motion with MAC 182 Buffer brush and very light hand. It gives me a terrific glowy look! At my work, all my colleagues they wonder what i did to my face! The second way is with Real Techniques Setting Brush. Bridge of the nose, cheekbones etc.
As a eyeshadow creases easily but it does not bother me. I have other eyeshadows with similar color. Also my skin turns a bit oily after a few hours but it is not a big problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by ZSM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this highlighter for a year now and I've used it daily on my inner corners of the eye to open up the eyes, and sometimes (usualy for an evening look) on the cheekbones, browbones and temples of the forehead for a dewy, luminous face. The powder is so pigmented that you only need the smallest amount, and thats why my Mary-Lou Manizer almost looks new even after one year of use. So you get a lot of product for your money.

The reason why I like this product so much is because it's not glittery at all but glowy, and it looks completeley natural on the skin both when I'm pale and a bit tan. Also, it stays put all day (or night) long. Because it's so pigmented, you'll have to blend it out if you accidentally take too much product, and maybe it's this step the negative reviewers miss. There's no other highlighter for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

MY FAVORITE HIGHLIGHTER EVER. I picked this up for $12 on Hautelook when they featured the balm. So look out for that if you can! This gives the most gorgeous dewy look without looking oily or greasy. I have tried so many highlighters and this is by far the best! Even better than MAC Vanilla pigment. This is also a great inner-corner highlight! A little goes a long way with this product.

My only complaint would be the packaging. It is very cute, but for the price I'd appreciate a metal case as opposed to a plastic feeling one. It is not flimsy by any means, but I guess I'm just a little spoiled when it comes to make-up since I've tried so many things. But would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There's something about Mary?

There really is something about Mary-Lou Manizer - she's the greatest thing since sliced bread and highlighters were invented. This is just one of those highlighters that would suit any skin tone, it would just come down to application: subtle vs liberal.... I'm NC15 so have to go with subtle for Mary and find just giving her a light flick over my cheekbones with a fan brush does the trick quite nicely and leaves me feeling quite glowy and stays there all day.

This champagne-gold powder is quite soft and a little really does go a long way and you get a whooping 8.5g of product so whats not to love, I will certainly be going back for more when she's all gone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Lovenug

Wow. I really love this. It's a pretty yellow toned highlighter. It leaves such a nice glow to your face. I use this everyday - really brightens your face and makes you look radiant and awake.

I don't think this lasts all day though -but when i use Urban Decay All nighter spray it lasts all day untill i need to take my makeup off in the evening. So if you want it to last, you need a makeup setting spray, or it will wear off during the day.

The packaging is SUPER CUTE, and theres a lot of product in here. All in all, nice product. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So richly pigmented and I love the shade. This is the exact tone I want out of a highlighter. It's slightly warm and very smooth.
I only use it at night when I really want an illuminated look because a little of this can go a long way. A light application is key. When I first applied it I kind of packed it on the way I've been used to applying other highlighters and later I noticed it looked overly shimmery in a tacky way I certainly was not going for. Most highlighters I have to sweep across my cheek a few times, but with this a light tap into the pan and then a sweep gives you a glamorous glow.
I also like it for the inner corner of my eyes and on my browbone, especially when I don't want to wear a full eye look but still look put together.
I got this on sale on Hautelook (theBalm seems to pop up on there quite often). The price had prevented me from picking it up for the longest, but I would buy it again for full price because there is an ample amount of product. With every application only needing a tiny amount, I can see this one pan lasting years.