TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I could go on about this product. What can I say? It's STUNNING.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Everyone's been raving about this stuff for a long time, and I finally got a hold of it. I have to agree with everyone: this is the BEST highlighter out there - ESPECIALLY if you are like me and have fair skin.

I've found a couple highlighters over the years that showed up well on my pale skin (Too Faced's Candlelight Duo was my fave), and MANY that were invisible on me (Physician's Formula Glow Pearls, Becca's Opal, etc). Even the ones that did actually light up my face had to be layered on for the full effect. Well, not with Mary-Lou. I barely brushed this on my cheekbones and had a gorgeous, noticeable glow. I am in love.

I can see this highlighter being a bit too intense for darker-skinned girls, but for fair, pasty white girls like me? Buy this. Buy it now. You will not regret it. The hype is real.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HANDS DOWN THE BEST HIGHLIGHTER IN THE WORLD!! I think every single person should own a Mary-Lou Manizer because it suits ALL skin colors. At first I was hesitant to buy it because I thought it would be too light for me but NOPE, the complete opposite, it gives me the most beautiful glow EVER!! (and I'm medium-dark complexion) When i first received it I'm not even kidding I swatched it on my hand more than 3 times because I was mind blown.. I couldn't believe how madly pigmented it turned out to be!! I have absolutely no cons on this product!!

HOLY GRAIL. After hunting down this product for two months at kohls because it was sold out for so long I got my hands on the last one. This retailed for $24 (U.S price) and comes with a mirror. I love love love the pigmentation and how it just gives your face a radiant glow. I've received many compliments on Mary Lou. Be aware that this is crazy pigmented so for those who want a sheer glow be very light handed.

Ooh, i picked this up at the local sasa shop on a whim and it cost me about 30 plus sing dollars. to me, it is a mid range highlighter with quite a cult following so it was quite worth the price just to test out a product with so much hype about it. (much like how i needed to get the NARs orgasm highlighter just because).

Anyhow, this has a lot a lot of product so it is totally worth it. For record, i am a chinese skin tone with the usual yellow undertones. In my 30s now (oh damn) and contouring my face is essential as part of my daily routine.

this is extremely useful in small doses and make sure you blend it very thoroughly. it plays up the non-existent cheekbones and lends a nice glow to my skin. Again, i repeat, use little and sparingly as this may come out as too pale on a yellow skin tone. you got to blend in unless you want the world to know you tried highlighting your face. product wise, i do like it - it is really smooth and the glitter are really microscopic. no strange scent and the packaging is sturdy and compact enough to take out with you.

colour wise, i may be better off with its latest sister ( i believe its the pink based one) as i need to be really careful to blend.

i can't compare it to NARS since they are really different - but the NARS orgasm is really good to make me look glowy with little effort but the price is really way more expensive. both has their pros definitely.

comparing with the NYX highlighter isn't really fair as well since they are very different products. But if i really had to choose one, i guess i would go for this for one main reason - the shimmers makes me look good!

This is by far one if the best highlighters I've came across yet!! Leaves a gorgeous natural shimmer and a little goes along way. The price is amazing and so worth it. The only downfall is it is very easy to over do and look fake. Overall an excellent product

It is a yellow based shimmery pressed powder with no glitters. The powder texture is really creamy and the colour is pigmented.

However the highlighting effect is limited. The highlighter does not show well on the skin. The shimmer looks quite powdery and it does not give the "natural skin glowing" effect at all.

Therefore I usually use it as an eye shadow base color as I love the subtle shimmer it gives and it blends well with my other eyeshadows. Usually I bring it around for touch ups.

The price is reasonable at around $20 for a 8.5g pot and only 2-4 brush swipes are required for the whole face. The packaging is cute in a mirror compact.

If you really want a glowing skin, try the Mac Soft and Gentle instead.

This is the most pigmented highlight I've ever come across, you just have to tap your brush in once or twice and you'll be able to highlight your entire face! The colour is a gorgeous champagne colour and I literally have to force myself to stop as it's easy to over do it. Couldn't believe the price as this is such a great product with a lot of hype. I'm always complimented on my highlight and get asked what I'm wearing. LOVE IT!

I am in love with the Mary-Lou Manizer <3 This is like glowy magic in a little container! Its amazing how just a swipe of this can completely transform your look. It instantly adds dimension to your face, and can even appear to change/ enhance your features. I adore adding this to the tip and bridge of my nose, cheekbones, chin and lips for a plumpy looking pout and all around beautiful spotlight effect. Super cute packaging, and the price is fair, around 24 dollars~ but it will last you forever as you only need a tiny swipe with your fingertips. The only reason why i docked a lippie is because my product shattered in the container even though I did not drop it. I have heard about this happening often. Other than that, i am forever in love with this highlighter and its ability to make me look instantly illuminated!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Broken upon arrival and getting worse every day. So soft it's impossible to fix or repot. I have had gold crap on everything every time I try to use. A nice highlight but overrated. There are nicer out there that aren't so difficult and expensive to get in Canada. I love the Balm, but this product lost out to its own hype in my case.

Top Rated TheBalm Products