TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 6/23/2015 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Iīm not quite sure what to think of this product. It is not a miracle product, and despite not being the chalkiest glitter luminizer out there, it is still relatively glitterish.
one has to be careful with the application, otherwise the effect is akin to a christmas tree. Unless you are going out on new years and that is the goal.
I still find Mac pearl cream base gives the smoothest, lasting highlight effect without going overboard. the package is nice, but I wont re purchase.

on 6/12/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this highlighter!! It is my favorite, it's not glittery like other highlighters and very pigmented, so little goes a long way and for the size, size, lasting power it's definitely worth it!! This color is good for EVERY skin tone! Any freelance MUA should definitely have this in their collection. Also, it looks beautiful on the inner tear duct!! It definitely a Must have & I will repurchase even thought it will last a very long time.

on 6/11/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff isn't at all chunky glittery like many highlighters but I still only use it on my body (collarbones, legs) because I don't think that glow looks good on faces, I think it makes skin look oily, but that's just my opinion... This is still the best highlighter out there, you just need to decide where it looks good to highlight.

on 6/5/2015 6:43:00 PM

Just bought this product recently and I really like it. It's almost too golden for my fairer skin, but it works if applied with a light hand. The sheen given by the product is nice indoors and outdoors even in overcast weather. It works really well as a cheekbone and eyebrow bone highlight.

on 5/27/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I do like this highlighter. But I don't think it's the end-all, be-all of highlighters.
GOOD: The champagne color is absolutely gorgeous and works well with my skin. It is indeed finely milled, which is what I'd expect for the price. The shimmer particles are not chunky in any way. This actually wears very well in daylight, I was impressed with how non-chunky it looks up close. Fair amount of product.
NOT SO GOOD: I say only a fair amount of product because of the fallout. The formula is more chalky than creamy, and while it's super easy to pick up, there is a lot of fallout on the compact, sink, etc. I feel like I lose as much as I apply. I've found that moderate buffing either removes the champagne color, or it so closely matches my skin tone that it disappears:( When I buff more than a few strokes, seems like all that's left is primarily the shimmer.

Overall I'm glad I got this and I'll use it. No regrets. Just don't think I'd repurchase as its not an HG type of product for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This has been a HG highlighter of so many guruís and I can see why. This is a really beautiful highlighter, the gold pigments perfectly capture the light without looking glittery or chalky, itís also a great eyeshadow. I only own one other highlighter which is macís soft and gentle, and I far prefer this one as itís easier to use and gives a nicer more glowing finish. This can also be built up for a very intense highlighter, itís like the ultimate brow bone and inner corner highlighter for a wedding.

Pro:
Price Ė good value for money, will take ages to go through
Colour Ė perfect highlight
Blendable
Multi-use Ė highlighter, eyeshadow
Packaging - cute and easy

Con: none that I can think of

on 5/21/2015 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For very fair skin, this isn't really light enough. My skin is very pale, with pink undertones (nw15 or lighter). So the golden tones in this probably aren't the best for me other than in summer. However, this is beautiful and fair skin tones can still pull it off. It's the kind of product that makes you stop and look twice just to admire the sheen it gives. I also use it as an eyeshadow and occasionally on my inner corner, it's too dark to look natural on my cupids bow as a highlight. Also.. I'm being picky here but some of the shimmers in this can look chunky if you apply too much. However, the price is very good and you do get a ton of product.

on 5/20/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this. but id only wear it at night. it is very shimmery. afraid ill look like a glitterbomb in the sunlight but at night its great. i love how its not white but more champagne. suits my nc25/30 skin. oh it shatters very easily though

on 5/10/2015 5:39:00 PM

This is very Vegas-y gold. Doesn't look good in the inner eye and is not subtle at all on my pinky fair skin.

Nars Copacabana is going to last forever and looks luminous, not Vegas-y. For the inner eye, I keep coming back to Physician's Formula Eyebright, which makes me look a little more awake and a little more like Bambi.

on 4/21/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Although a bit pricey, this highlighter is a dream for me! I love everything about it! It's really pigmented, a little goes a long way. I like to apply this with a fan brush and it gives a healthy glow. Doesn't last the entire day (but I don't use primers very often) however it doesnt budge or move around on top of my foundation. My lips are allergic to beeswax and reacts really horribly to it, and this contains beeswax, but my skin didn't have any irritation. I love this!

Top Rated TheBalm Products