October 24, 2014 | 1596 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 4:32:00 AM More reviews by kiwiipi3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very cute, moisturizes dry lips and gives a hint of color. i got the red one as part of a gift and i luv it. i use it all the time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 6:48:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about the red tinted one but not so much I didn't spring for the pink one off Ebay (it's on its way). I like the consistency which is similar to CO Bigelow's My Favorite Lip Balm. The faintly citrus taste/smell is a bit...strange...but I'm not turned off by it. I like the slight red tint and sometimes use this over my Benefit tint as a supplement throughout the day. However, it's not the best moisturizer out there and it definitely doesn't last long (which I never expect with these kinds of lip balms). Meh. If you're contemplating, there's cheaper out there. Go for CO Bigelow's red tint. Your pocketbook will be happier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very mixed reviews for this lip balm!
I quite like this stuff. It's a great balm to toss in your bag and use throughout the day. I grew up on chap-stick, and then eventually wanted something classier ... and became a bit of a a lip-balm junkie.

I like the smell of this, I find it pleasant, not offensive - maybe a bit like kiwi? My boyfriend doesn't notice it. Mine doesn't taste like anything to me (I actually paused in the middle of this review to put some on, and purposefully taste it).

I'm fine with the slant-tip applicator, when my lips are bare, I just apply it directly, when I've got color on, I squeeze a bit onto a finger, and then smear it onto my lips (I hate getting lip color in other clear or uncolored lip products).

I wouldn't consider this a lip treatment, and it's not a miracle product or anything like that, just a nice balm for everyday use. I'll probably re-purchase because I like the scent, it provides a good amount of moisture to my dry lips, it's got cute packaging, and is just all-around enjoyable and nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the texture of this balm! It's so smooth! When I have chapped lips, I would apply a thick layer of this before I go to bed and the next morning, my lips will become smooth again! :) I also use this when I want my lips look glossy without using lip gloss. I would give this 5 lippies if it doesnt have that citrus fruit smell... I really don't like citrus fruit smell though I am already on my third tube of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by slwye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The clear version is one of my fave lip balms ever! I see a lot of other reviewers have complained about the taste and smell but I don't find it offensive at all. I like the texture and the fact it comes in a squeeze tube, keeps my lips nice and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

The smell and taste are pretty bad, but this stuff is seriously great. I tend to not take Philosophy seroiusly, and I feel that most of the stuff is overpriced. I have really chapped lips, and this is probably the only stuff, next to Aquaphor, that works. I like this more than Aquaphor b/c it just feels a bit more smoother/thicker, and is an actual lip balm. I'd rebuy for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I wanted to really like this, but the taste of it is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! The smell is also bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by karlitabooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mom told me if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

However, my biggest complaint was that I thought the scent was off and I thought the pot had turned. Now I wonder if that's just the normal smell?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

Smells great - TASTES HORRIBLE! I know you're not supposed to eat your lip balms, but whenever I would get a taste of this stuff, I hated it. I also didn't think it was very moisturizing, although I also wouldn't say that it is drying. Just didn't do much for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2007 12:54:00 AM More reviews by karahmellecurrell

Not the worst, but definitely not the greatest. This product is very sensitive to temperature. When it gets a bit cold, it freezes and will not squeeze out of the tube. When it gets too hot, it will melt and pour out of the tube like liquid. I have the yellow one which I assume is supposed to be some sort of citrus scent. The scent isn't awful, but it tastes pretty bad...so much so that I will not put it on if I know I will be kissing my b/f anytime soon. Will not be repurchasing.