July 24, 2014 | 2140 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First off - don't buy this mascara expecting it to gloriously thicken your lashes or anything. This is an excellent product but its real advantage is in separating your lashes and defining them, much like a regular mascara that doesn't claim to "thicken". It's truly incredible if you already have average or even slightly less than lashes already and you're looking for a good everyday mascara. I will absolutely be buying this again and I never leave home without it on. In fact, I'm a huge liquid liner junkie, but THIS is the product I'll go to if I don't have time for a lot of makeup. If I wear all my other makeup and not this I just feel bare and my look seems totally unfinished.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend this for someone who has really short or extremely sparse lashes. You should definitely not rely on this as a game changer or anything. It's not for everyone, but I feel like for most people it'll impress.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by fansi

Perfect for everyday mascara. I live in a country where I can easily get sweaty every time including on my face and eyes but this mascara doesn't clump, smudge, flake and my lashes keep on shape as I put in the morning. The result is natural and doesn't feel dramatic or stiff. Easy to apply. Kind of wet for a while after applying but doesn't matter. Very easy to remove with water, as that's what I'm looking for in an everyday mascara, but it's still in its place when raining or crying. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by candlelights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Asian lashes that point straight outwards. They are a bit longer than typical Asian lashes but not as long or voluminous as I would like. I also have oily skin so I'm always looking for the perfect mascara: smudge-proof, holds a curl, lengthening and voluminizing.

I read such amazing reviews about this mascara, so I decided to try it out. Afterall, it's only $5 so what did I have to lose?

I was so disappointed when I applied it, my curled lashes drooped immediately. Huge deal breaker for me... I'm so sad because the formula is really thick and added a lot of volume to my lashes. It's also very smudge-proof. I was going to give it 1 star, but I discovered that I could use it on my bottom lashes without any smudges! That's a big deal since other mascaras would smudge immediately.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Tobeygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this, based on other reviews, but...huge bummer. Not thickening in the least. And trust me, I've tried a small army of thickening mascaras. I have long lashes (I know, boohoo, poor me), but they are wicked sparse, so I need a truly good thickening product. This is not. The formula is also very wet, even after wiping off the excess on a tissue, and just made my lashes look even sparser, as the wet formula made the few lashes I do have cling together and look thin and spidery. For the price, there are several other "drugstore" brands I would far rather have, two of which are in steady rotation in my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Deviationize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on this mascara, I thought it would be worth it to try it out. The price is good, as it is a drugstore product, so I don't really regret buying it. The problem is that this mascara really works best for those who want volume. I many thick eyelashes, so what I really want in a mascara is length. This mascara is fairly good for length, but it's definitely more of a product for people with sparse lashes that want volume.

The formula is a bit wet, but not too wet. No complaints on the packaging, I've had it a few weeks and haven't found it drying up at all.

For me, it just didn't give the effect I wanted. It's by no means a bad mascara, it's just not what I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by maggiescratch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While very similar to the newer Lash Blast Mascara in the kinds of ingredients it has in it, a different combination of those ingredients is what must make all the difference. I am guessing that this was the prototype for the newer ones, which I have found to flake and smudge, whereas this one does neither. Hopefully, Cover Girl will stick to the formula in the Professional Super Thick, as it is superior to its newer ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by matthewsbrianna20

I always go back to this mascara. It is less expensive than department store brands, and yet it works so much better. I really like this mascara over any I have ever tried. I had always used Maybelline Great lengths mascara, as many do- but I decided to try something different. It was a good move, because this one is just a little better than Great Lengths. I recommend it highly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Arguably the best drug store mascara ever made! I get lured away by new, more expensive products, but always come back wondering why I gave up this inexpensive, wonderful gem. I usually use tubing mascaras due to the waterproof nature and ease of removal, but my favourites were discontinued (Hourglass) and starting to flake (Clinique). I went through many at Sephora with high claims, only to have smudging, clumping or lash loss with every one. In desperation, I reached for this one again. What a relief- this amazing mascara never clumps, volumizes like crazy, never smudges, never flakes and is water resistant. I have much less lash loss with this than others. It is pigmented and makes my sparse, short lashes look thick, soft and feathery. If I fall asleep with it on, it looks the same when I wake up! It isn't waterproof, though, and may smear if you cry. This blows Dior, Guerlain, Estee Lauder, YSL out of the water- all for under $10 CDN. Please never discontinue!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great everyday mascara. It doesn't make super dramatic lashes, but it does a good job of adding medium fullness and definition. It doesn't clump, flake, or smudge. It stays in place until you take it off. It's really a bargain at less than $5 US. You really can't go wrong with this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by mashkaNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Surprisingly good everyday mascara! Natural look