August 30, 2014 | 936 users online

Fragrances - Avon - In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Cellardoor367

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this fragrance, that being said I don't think anyone should buy a fragrance based on someone else's review, because everyone has their own particular likes and dislikes. So, I will try to just describe the actual product:

I would describe the scent as fresh and floral. The top notes (for me) is a very very feminine white flower/ powder smell. The powder is minimal, just barely there- in the top notes. For the heart I really smell Gardenia's, light tea, and a 'fresh' smell. It's scentually monochromatic, but surprisingly each note compliments the other very nicely! I do love this perfume, it's light and a bit more youthful then scents like Rare gold. (imo).

Its hard to say how long the scent lasts because at the moment I have a spray tan on, which interferes with the fragrance, but it seems to last quite a while. Not as long as some heavier perfumes I have used- like Jean Paul, but if you spray your body after a shower and then your clothes before you leave, you will probably smell it all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by laurenmf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is pure headache in a bottle...and I like white florals. There are much pretty white florals out there. I like Rare Pearls from Avon much, MUCH better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by soandso

I received a sample from my Avon rep to try of "In Bloom: Reese Witherspoon." The packaging looked a little bland and not at all like I would relate it to the spokeswoman for the fragrance. The fragrance definitely hit me like a flower bouquet. My husband said it was "Flowery. It's okay." If someone gave me a bottle I'd be happy, but I just don't think I would spend the money on it. Maybe in a couple of years when it goes on clearance!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Jassmin

I love Reese Witherspoon, but I have a hard time believing that she wears this. The packaging is lovely, I just don't love the scent. When it first comes out of the bottle, there is something that I guess I sort of like. However, after about 5 minutes it fades into a barely there, powdery floral. It's not terrible, it's just "Eh." Some people have described this as being "musty." I understand what they mean. It's definitely a difficult fragrance to describe. I don't smell peach tea leaves either. I suggest asking for a sample vial before buying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this fragrance b/c I adore Reese Witherspoon, but this fragrance did not do it for me!! I guess I was hoping that the peach scent would be more prominent than it is, but all I can smell on me is the gardenia, which I am not a huge fan of. To me this is a more mature fragrance and too floral for me. The packaging is really nice though :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful and light fragrance of gardenias which is perfect for spring. I don't think this smells cheap at all, in fact, it smells pretty expensive. This is the high quality Avon type of fragrance in the league of Today, Tommorow, and Always.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I'm an Avon Rep. I bought the samples of this product for my customers and I tried one myself. At first I hated this scent. It wasn't my style and it didn't last long on my skin. Over time though... I have changed my thoughts on this fragrance. It has a very light floral scent. It has some sort of woods-y note.. that I can't put my finger on and I think that's what turned me off to it at first. I don't know if I'd personally buy the full sized version. I'd buy a promotional travel spray or the body splash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the body spray and love it! It's just the right mix of all the notes in this scent,with gardenia and peach tea leaves standing out the most to me, and the florals and amber wood complementing them nicely without being overpowering.I don't usually go for floral scents only because they are always really strong and smell child-like, but this just smells light, and feminine without feeling girly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by GoldenGrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being a fan of Reese Witherspoon, I was excited to try her fragrance. I received a sample and found that I didn't like it. In Bloom smells very much like gardenia and is a little too "flowery" for my taste, but I guess given the name, it fits.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this wonderful perfume as a Christmas present from my husband and doggie. I was so very surprised! I saw it wrapped and sitting under my tree all December and never imagined it would be this one! I had seen it advertised on TV and pointed it out to my husband as I saw it in a magazine too. I guess I was dropping these little hints without even realizing it. The bottle is a beauty and so is the perfume. I get nice whiffs of gardenia and even something that smells kind of like tangerines. Its very clean and fresh smelling.