October 23, 2014 | 1901 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational in Plum Perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by BriarRose25

I am so in love with the Color Sensational line! I started with the Red Revival (who can resist that ad with the roses?), and was so impressed by the performance of the lipstick that I came back for more. I have very fair skin with pink undertones, blonde hair, and green eyes. I've been looking for a plum color for the fall/winter that isn't too harsh with my coloring. I usually have problems with plums looking too brown or black on me, but this color is perfect. It's a nice, deep wine/berry with just enough pink to keep it from looking maudlin, and when it wears away a little, it's like a more intense version of my lips' natural pink. It's a really nice look for evening if you want to go with drama but don't want the overt boldness of red. The coverage is great, it doesn't smudge or bleed, and it lasts for a long time. It goes on smoothly too. I would highly recommend this line to anyone and will be going back for more myself!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this color cause my husband saw the comeercial and the model was wearing a plum color and wanted me to try it, I already knew it wasen't gonna work for me but hey any reason to buy more make up I will take. So I got plum perfect at Target, got home tried it on and I was right, it's to dark and purple for me, I like the overall texture of it, so I will try more, but this color was just not me, even my hubby thought it looked odd and said he was sorry for suggesting it, but all is not lost, it will work for my Halloween look (a sexy balck cat)!
So I give it a 5 for overall rating becasue the product itself is nice, just the wrong color for me and thats not the makers fault,.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by xoxojess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this lipstick because i needed a black cherry color for my Halloween look, which is a seductive vampire and this was the perfect color since i was already looking at the maybelline cs lipsticks i saw this and had to get it! The color is exactly what it looks like in the tube, it is extremely pigmented and moisturizing. It applies so smoothly and lasts a long time. The reason i said no to buying this product again is because i mainly got this color for my Halloween look, but it's too dark and out there for my general look everyday which is just a nice nude color on my lips! I would recommend this to darker skin colors as well because this would look perfect against those skin tones! Anyone who is looking for a deep plum color that is pigmented buy this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really vampy, dark color. It looks like a plum wine. From the tube to the lips, the color is "what you see is what you get". I think a color this dramatic is better suited for some complexions than others, obviously. It has the usual qualities of the Color Sensation line: smooth texture, not drying, honey smell. It also makes a great lip stain for the season and, if nothing else, Halloween is around the corner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The texture on this is lovely as are the other lipsticks in this line. I was searching for a d/s equivalent of BeneFit's Ms. Behavin, which I found to be dry. Given that these had a reputation for not being drying (which they aren't!), I thought I'd give it a shot. I was wrong. This color is way too bright for me. Rarely would I consider a lipstick being "clownish" but this was. Normally, I love darker lipsticks even though I'm pale, but this was all wrong. I think this would be nice for someone who had very pigmented lips because the color would be toned down some. This was a beyond bright raspberry tone.