Maybelline Color Sensational in Plum Perfect

on 12/18/2010 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think as far as pigment and texture, this is one of the best drugstore lipsticks. This shade is very diva and vampy like the 20's. On darker skin some people may feel like it's too dark and draws out their olive or caramel tones. Which some people love and some don't. Fair skin will look quite runway and it's an extreme lipstick for them. I think light-light medium skin benefits the most from this shade. It's not Gothic, but it is bold. If you have black hair and fair skin though, most people are going to assume dark lipstick = Goth. I would pair this with a lightly smoked eye close to the lash line and lots of full lashes because pale shadows with a bold lip is another runway look.

on 3/11/2010 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am a golden-olive toned latina with dark eyes and dark hair. My lips are a pinky mauve color naturally. This is a dark raspberry-plum shade. It is non-drying and doesnt bleed. This is NOT a spring/summer look. More a fall/winter look. Looks great on me. But very dramatic and I dont suggest women with thin lips where this shade. Dark toned women will look fabush with this shade. I think it is a neutral. I can see it on warm and cool toned gals as well as light, medium and dark toned gals. But I dont think it will look good on those with ruddy or peach tones to their skin.

on 2/5/2010 8:53:00 AM

Wow, this lipstick range is fantastic. Pigmented, moisturizing, long lasting, doesn't bleed. This shade is a deep plum, perfect for my PPP cool toned skin. I love that color sensational doesn't have any shimmer, but at the same time, its not too matte.

on 10/28/2009 9:32:00 AM

I am so in love with the Color Sensational line! I started with the Red Revival (who can resist that ad with the roses?), and was so impressed by the performance of the lipstick that I came back for more. I have very fair skin with pink undertones, blonde hair, and green eyes. I've been looking for a plum color for the fall/winter that isn't too harsh with my coloring. I usually have problems with plums looking too brown or black on me, but this color is perfect. It's a nice, deep wine/berry with just enough pink to keep it from looking maudlin, and when it wears away a little, it's like a more intense version of my lips' natural pink. It's a really nice look for evening if you want to go with drama but don't want the overt boldness of red. The coverage is great, it doesn't smudge or bleed, and it lasts for a long time. It goes on smoothly too. I would highly recommend this line to anyone and will be going back for more myself!!

on 10/22/2009 1:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this color cause my husband saw the comeercial and the model was wearing a plum color and wanted me to try it, I already knew it wasen't gonna work for me but hey any reason to buy more make up I will take. So I got plum perfect at Target, got home tried it on and I was right, it's to dark and purple for me, I like the overall texture of it, so I will try more, but this color was just not me, even my hubby thought it looked odd and said he was sorry for suggesting it, but all is not lost, it will work for my Halloween look (a sexy balck cat)!
So I give it a 5 for overall rating becasue the product itself is nice, just the wrong color for me and thats not the makers fault,.

on 10/16/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this lipstick because i needed a black cherry color for my Halloween look, which is a seductive vampire and this was the perfect color since i was already looking at the maybelline cs lipsticks i saw this and had to get it! The color is exactly what it looks like in the tube, it is extremely pigmented and moisturizing. It applies so smoothly and lasts a long time. The reason i said no to buying this product again is because i mainly got this color for my Halloween look, but it's too dark and out there for my general look everyday which is just a nice nude color on my lips! I would recommend this to darker skin colors as well because this would look perfect against those skin tones! Anyone who is looking for a deep plum color that is pigmented buy this!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a really vampy, dark color. It looks like a plum wine. From the tube to the lips, the color is "what you see is what you get". I think a color this dramatic is better suited for some complexions than others, obviously. It has the usual qualities of the Color Sensation line: smooth texture, not drying, honey smell. It also makes a great lip stain for the season and, if nothing else, Halloween is around the corner.

on 10/8/2009 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The texture on this is lovely as are the other lipsticks in this line. I was searching for a d/s equivalent of BeneFit's Ms. Behavin, which I found to be dry. Given that these had a reputation for not being drying (which they aren't!), I thought I'd give it a shot. I was wrong. This color is way too bright for me. Rarely would I consider a lipstick being "clownish" but this was. Normally, I love darker lipsticks even though I'm pale, but this was all wrong. I think this would be nice for someone who had very pigmented lips because the color would be toned down some. This was a beyond bright raspberry tone.

Popular Lipsticks