April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by emmaanne001

The packaging is not that good. The little opening tab broke off shortly after I received it. The inside holders for the 2 spongetip applicators didn't hold them in place. But the mirror is nice.

The eyeshadows are mostly well pigmented. Some are chalky and literally unblendable while others are very, very intense shades. The 2 lines of browns and neutrals on both sides are useful (the pigmented ones, anyway). The colorful shades are defintely bold. There are also quite a few shimmery shades when one expects a matte selection.

I honestly regret purchasing this palette. I had just started wearing eyeshadow, and I decided that this would be a fun palette to play with. Maybe it ended up saving me some money as I had every colorful shade that I wanted. I wasn't tempted to purchase a wide variety of other colorful duos or trios. But I still regret buying the palette as I hardly use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by nadiasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this palette! definately recommended for beginners because most of these colors r nicely pigmented and beautiful. however some of the lighter matte shades are chalky and hard to get show up so i was dissapointed on finding a nice highlight color but overall its really great for such a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by lovesick20

The pigment in this pallet is very good and for 20 bucks or so you get 88 eyeshadows that is the best deal ever though the packageing is not all that great i dropped mine once ( i have a new 88 matte pallet now) and one of the eyeshadows chipped so be carful with this packageing i would buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by alovelyjessture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a great palette! Granted there sure are some colors that I don't use, but they're great to have on hand all in one palette. The pigments are great and a little goes a long way. The price is low for what your getting (I believe it's still $24) and you'll not need to purchase any other eye shadows for a loonnng time, except maybe some smaller compact colors for traveling. The case isn't the best for traveling because if it jostles or knocks around against something the pigments will crack and flake off, or the pots will come out. This happened to me. However the pots will stick back in with a little glue. The palette comes with two eye shadow applicators, but it's really best to use eye shadow brushes with this palette to blend the colors better. Great product! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by tashak23

I am absolutely crazy about eyeshadow , this product was introduced to me by my sister-in-law. I thought WOW 88 eyeshadow colors for less than $20 impossible. So needless to say I had to order it. I was slightly disappointed when it arrived in the mal. The pot sizes were slightly smaller than I had originally thought (about the size of a dime), but once I tried the product I knew why. The brighter/deeper colors are highly pigmented and go on with eaze. I do however have to use a primer for the lighter shades, but I use primer anyways so this wasn't a big deal for me. I absolutely love this product and use it everyday for work. I love it so much that I purchased one for my sister and all of my friends (as birthday gifts of course).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by bubbletea1212

The pigmentation of these eyeshadows aren't great, but good for experimenting around to play around with. Good for beginners to test out shades (which exact shade of brown you look good in, which shade of ___ looks better, etc...).
Lacks in the packaging department as hinges are easy to break, feels flimsy, and eyeshadow pan glues randomly don't work so an eyeshadow would fall out (but you can just put it back in, it'll just fall out again the next time).

Would not buy again due to lack of pigmentation. Not ideal for travel because of the flimsy packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by blee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this palette for a couple of months now. I got it for just under $10 from a chinese website.

Pro: There are a few colors that I like a lot. Some really vibrant blues and greens and a few nice neutrals. Plus, you might end up finding new colors that look good on you that you might not have considered before.

Con: Variability in pigmentation and texture between the colors.The majority of these shadows are chalky and dusty.

It's a tough call as to whether I would recommend or not. It is fun to play around with, but for the price (which luckily was very low), I think I would rather spend it on L.A. Colors or Wet N' Wild. Those are also cheap but are much smoother, and have overall consistently good staying power and pigmentation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by BasiaMik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this palette for 2 years. The other day, I pulled it out because I was wondering why I wasn't using it regularly. Then I realized...the colors are difficult to work with. This is a great palette if you want to "play" with makeup, but not good if you need something fool-proof and versatile. I wear makeup mostly to work and grad school, so I can't wear bright blues or greens everyday. The neutral colors have a weird yellowish tint to them, and many of the colors come off chalky. Many of the pinks and purples look good, but run into each other when you sweep them on your lids...even with a good primer. Unfortunately, you can't expect high quality makeup for a low price. I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by shalynchic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

All I have to say is...ick. Like, really, just "ick". I purchased this palette thinking I'd be able to play around with different color combinations that I normally wouldn't buy, and possibly practice a bit on friends as I've had a slight interest in doing makeup on the side. I've never been more disappointed.

I can't say I'm "spoiled" with higher quality eyeshadows. It's not like I spend ridiculous amounts of money on MAC and MUFE and Urban Decay. I usually purchase a decent palette or 2 and just use those until I get sick of them, generally around 4 months or so. These colors are not only chalky and hard to blend, but I notice it's hard to tell what a color is actually going to look like once applied. They seem to look completely different in the pots than they do on your skin? With primer or without, doesn't seem to make a difference. Pigmentation is horrible. Just complete crap. I can't even build it up to a point where it could mayyybe look ok because it's really that bad, and impossible to blend on top of it. I actually purchased this palette and the blush/bronzer palette, both with the same results. Don't waste your money if you're used to quality products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by nicolex0x

Amazing value product!! Hugely recommended! I just wish it was a little bit better quality because the shadows are quite dusty and dry and alot of fall outs but for the price they are amazing.!
Perfect for a beginner :)