October 25, 2014 | 1249 users online

Shampoo - Moroccanoil - Moisture Repair Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Violets4Me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mixed reviews on this product. I really love their oil, frizz control spray and deep conditioner but the shampoos and conditioners are a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this last year when my salon ran out of my Loreal absolut repair (Which is better than this and if I recall correctly a tad cheaper!) I love the scent of this shampoo. It lathers well, leaves my hair soft and clean, even without using the masque afterward. It is a good shampoo, however, I prefer Loreal absolut repair because, it is cheaper and leaves my hair feeling softer and cleaner for longer, without going greasy. However, I prefer the Morrocan oil masque to the loreal absolut repair one!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Amethyst1962

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a MoroccanOil freak, however I do NOT care for their shampoo line. The reason being is my hair is all knotted and tangled every time I have used their shampoos. They do not leave my hair feeling moisturized. In fact, my hair feels dryer after using. I am not sure if this is because there are no sulfates in it, - I am skeptical because I also use L'Oreal shampoo which has no sulfates and my hair is not in the condition MoroccanOil leaves it. I do recommend their hair masks which are much, much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by LandCam180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have long, untreated, blonde hair so I thought I'd try this product for a little added moisture because I often find my hair a little on the dry side. A friend of mine had a Maritime Beauty card so I thought, "Hey. Why not?"

Be honest with yourself, you're only buying this product for the scent. It DOES NOT moisturize, it DOES NOT repair. Please, save yourself and leave the brittle, broken, straw-like texture, this product causes, for someone else.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Regy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm sure you are wondering how come I'd buy this again, since a gave it an overall 2. Well, I've tried a lot of shampoos and all of them felt really nice at first but after a while my hair got all dry and tangled again. However, this shampoo has been a weird experience, because:

-when I put it on, trying blending it is a real pain, no matter how much water I add(accordingly to the hairdresser's instructions) or how much I rub it in.

-BUT I find that it makes my hair smell beautifully and stay nice and soft for 2-3 days after I've washed my hair, even after adding a cheap, drugstore conditioner after shampooing.

All in all, I have mixed feelings, but I gravitate towards the positive side.
PS: my hair's been dyed many colors, has suffered a lot of process and is dry and thin. Still, this shampoo has worked for me.It just misses the 'aw bubbles' factor.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ExFactor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the MoroccanOil, so when I purchased the shampoo, I had high expectations. Too bad the product didn't live up to them at all. The price was definitely steep enough... The shampoo made my hair so greasy, that I had to wash it the following day, which had never happened to me with the TIGI shampoos, for example. I am so disappointed with this product, and there is no way I will ever purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I have fine, color process hair somewhat dry hair. The colder autumn weather partially causes my hair to become dry and flyaway. The clerk recommended this line. I've used the shampoo for a few weeks ago and like it. I wouldn't say it's spectacular but it gets the job done. It lathers decently, doesn't have any pugent smell, doesn't weight my hair down. I've used other sulfate free shampoos and felt they didn't clean my hair ( I know sulfate free doesn't clean your hair as well compared to normal shampoo). However this one seemed to work better at gently cleaning. The cons are it's a bit pricey, around $20.00 Canadian.I bought this product cheaper when a beauty supply store had a sale on.
Edit: I discontinued using this shampoo. I noticed my hair was very dry and almost sticky after washing this shampoo out. I realize Sulfate free shampoos don't clean your hair as well compared to normal shampoos for colored treated hair. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**Before you read this review, please note that my hair is extremely dry and coarse; therefore, I have high expectations for a moisture repair shampoo** I used to love this product and swear by it, but it did stop working for me. The one and only reason why it worked so well on my 2C hair type initially was because I had a new Brazilian blow-out and a fresh trim. As most of you know, Brazilian Blow-outs pack keratin into your hair shaft and leave it feeling soft, healthy, and frizz-free. I would use moraccanoil shampoo 2-3 times a week, and loved the way it made my hair smell and feel. To be fair in this review, there are lots of good things about moroccanoil shampoo. It is packed with nutrients, the lather is amazing, and the 33.8 oz bottle lasts a year. That's right ladies! One whole year. However, long story short.. my Brazilian Blow-out wore off, and my hair was lacking the same shine and hydration it had before. What seemed like a miracle shampoo had turned into just a Brazilian Blow-out booster. Yes, it did help me maintain my blow-out longer, but most sulfate-free shampoos can do that. I found that sometimes it would leave me with a ton of knots, and I would have to use extra conditioner and detangler to remove them. It also started to seem less beneficial for my extremely dry, damaged, coarse, color treated hair. I really wanted to have a shampoo that made me feel like my hair was already conditioned. My point: Moroccanoil was not taking moisture out of my hair, but certainly was not adding any either. I did some research and switched to a 100% vegan shampoo, and I love it. I hope this helps some people with the same dry, damaged hair as me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to use gentle sulphate free shampoo on my hair so when i saw this i thought id give it a try. The shampoo is just okay, i cant really Rave about it but i cant sayanything too bad also.. It does what it supposed to.. Lathers, cleans my hair but it is not the gentlest of sulphatefree shampoos out there. I prefer kevin murphy and lanza so i wont be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by tazz222003

I decided to try Moroccan Oil shampoo after my sister in law suggested it. She's a stylist and uses this line in her salon. My hair is fine, straight and prone to breakage. I was looking for a shampoo to lend some strength to my strands. Unfortunately this formula just wasn't right for me. I never had a negative reaction or result from using this shampoo... but I never saw a difference from my last shampoo, either. The formula is very concentrated and requires quite a lot per use to work up a good lather; even then it doesn't distribute evenly or foam fully. The durability of my hair didn't improve while using this product and I still noticed quite a bit of breakage. The packaging was mediocre and the price was just far above my budget. Perhaps if I'd seen a visible difference it'd be worth the effort and money, but sadly I won't be purchasing this shampoo again.