Clairol natural instincts cinnaberry

3.5

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

For an at-home dye, this product is a bit on the pricey side. The condition it left my hair is probably worth the price. However, I'm not so sure about the actual color of the dye. My hair is naturally dark dark brown but I've dyed/bleached my hair so many times that the middle and ends are a light golden brown. On the packaging, it is a deep auburn, so I expected my hair to be a red-ish. However, it turned out more of a burgundy/pink color... I would buy again, but I don't think i would buy a shade meant for dark brown hair when my hair is mostly a light brown.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my regular haircolor along with NI Egyptian Plum. I use it in the Spring/Summer and go for Egyptian Plum during Fall/Winter. It's a great auburn shade that is bright enough for my taste but not so bright it looks fake (not that that's a bad thing in my book lol). Application is easy, and it only takes 10 minutes to develop though you can leave it on for longer if you'd like a deeper color, and it still won't hurt your hair. I quit using permanent color a while ago for the health of my hair and this is the best semi permanent I've found. The others like Jazzing, etc. are very runny and wash out a lot/stain things every time you wash, and they don't stay very long. This color also colors greys moderately well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

In the fall, I go auburn (from my brassy reddish blonde of summer). Today I became an auburn blue-eyed woman. I have been pondering using the NI in Cinnaberry but thought it was too burgundy so I mixed it with about 1/3 of Spiced Tea (which I found too orange). The result on my nape of neck length, bronzey blonde hair is a gorgeous auburn in a medium-tone which is a bit bright. The shade will fade. I am letting my hair go two days before I wash it and the color should mellow out to where my adult son won't look at me and say, "It's red."

Many years ago I colored my hair with L'Oreal's "Copper Penny" and got dozens of compliments wherever I went. Of course that shade is no longer available. This combo-color is almost an exact match. Boy are my eyes blue! The texture is silky as it always is when using NI. I may have to redo for Christmas but this shade looks so good that I may consider using it for many months to come, and that's almost a permanent hair color decision. Repurchase is a given with NI; I 've been using it for years and plan on doing so until I really go gray (just a few silver strands by the sideburns for now).

If you want to go for a bold holiday look, and your hair has warm undertones (red or reddish gold) then Cinnaberry is for you. I toned down the purple/burgundy color with the Spiced Tea. I may use Hot Cocoa next time to mix in, and there will be a next time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

this is a staple in my hair coloring. makes my hair soft and lasts, not as long as it states but i wash my hair everyday, so it lasts me about 16 - 18 washes, it usually comes out a tad darker than the box but fades after about three washes. the color treat conditioner that comes with it is a DREAM. love this stuff. i think this hair dye is a bit over priced for what it is, but since i love the color, i don't mind!