August 22, 2014 | 1720 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - natural instincts cinnaberry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In the fall, I go auburn (from my brassy reddish blonde of summer). Today I became an auburn blue-eyed woman. I have been pondering using the NI in Cinnaberry but thought it was too burgundy so I mixed it with about 1/3 of Spiced Tea (which I found too orange). The result on my nape of neck length, bronzey blonde hair is a gorgeous auburn in a medium-tone which is a bit bright. The shade will fade. I am letting my hair go two days before I wash it and the color should mellow out to where my adult son won't look at me and say, "It's red."

Many years ago I colored my hair with L'Oreal's "Copper Penny" and got dozens of compliments wherever I went. Of course that shade is no longer available. This combo-color is almost an exact match. Boy are my eyes blue! The texture is silky as it always is when using NI. I may have to redo for Christmas but this shade looks so good that I may consider using it for many months to come, and that's almost a permanent hair color decision. Repurchase is a given with NI; I 've been using it for years and plan on doing so until I really go gray (just a few silver strands by the sideburns for now).

If you want to go for a bold holiday look, and your hair has warm undertones (red or reddish gold) then Cinnaberry is for you. I toned down the purple/burgundy color with the Spiced Tea. I may use Hot Cocoa next time to mix in, and there will be a next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a staple in my hair coloring. makes my hair soft and lasts, not as long as it states but i wash my hair everyday, so it lasts me about 16 - 18 washes, it usually comes out a tad darker than the box but fades after about three washes. the color treat conditioner that comes with it is a DREAM. love this stuff. i think this hair dye is a bit over priced for what it is, but since i love the color, i don't mind!