Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I took one whiff and was mesmerized. My mom chuckled when she bought it as a birthday gift for me and remarked at how the name was entirely appropriate for my personality. A joke yes, but true. This frangrace is sweet pink clouds with a slight dark undertone. It's complex but not overly so. It reminds me of the perfect watercolor painting--fresh layers and tones but not muddled or murky. My only two minor issues are that I wish it had more longevity and the cap, though very pretty (a pink plastic crystal) doesn't stay on very well. But like only a good frangrance can, it lifts my spirits the moment I smell it. I love the girly sweetness with the subtle musk of patchouli. (Which I don't normally find subtle or appealing). I will buy this again...or ask for it for another birthday!

on 7/27/2012 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this perfume. I am somewhat picky with my fragrances, and I do like to switch them out with the weather and seasons. I can't do sickly sweet perfumes (Viva La Juicy, Pink Sugar, Princess, etc.) but I find myself sticking to my random favorites such Ralph by Ralph Lauren & Acqua di Gioa, (basically Aquatic Fruits/Florals for the summer) and more gourmand fragrances for the cooler months such as Fantasy, Chanel Chance or RL Hot.

This perfume is unlike anything I have ever smelled before. It smells so soft, delicate, and in a way - natural? I was browsing the Sephora fragrance section when I picked up the bottle to this, smelt it, and was immediately puzzled. It smelt so light, slightly sweet and floral. I asked for a sample and then let it blend with my body heat. Still smells so fresh and light. (Random reference - but if anyone has smelled the Country Garden air freshener by Glade - this has some similar notes!) I cannot put my finger on what makes this smell so comforting and breezy but it's definitely a one of a kind fragrance.

on 5/24/2012 10:45:00 PM

This is nice...depending on the chemistry of your skin. It doesn't work for everyone and it's obvious. It's light and sweet but long lasting, Givenchy is really good at those 2 concepts.

on 5/21/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I honestly couldn't tell you what this fragrance smells like, other than heaven! It's sweet, but not sickly sweet, and probably the most grown up fragrance I own. My other fave is JC Viva La Juicy, but this seems like a much more sophisticated scent. I'm so glad they gave me a sample at Ulta, otherwise I would never have discovered this! I used up my entire sample vial, and immediately purchased a full size. This stuff is expensive! I only use two sprays every time I wear it though, because it's a pretty strong scent and it lasts on me all day. I can still smell it on me now, and I put it on about 10 hours ago. I don't wear this everyday, but I will always have a bottle in rotation.

on 5/12/2012 4:28:00 PM

I like this perfume. It did not bowl me over, but I do receive many compliments on it. On first spray, it smelled like straight up tea with lemon. I love tea, but I was unsure I wanted to smell like tea haha. It evolved into pleasant scent, unoffensive, summery, and light. On my skin, it smells nothing at all like Light Blue. I have worn Light Blue for years, and I do not think they are similar. Now on some people the lemon note may stay dominant, but on me, it quickly fades. Would probably repurchase if I ever run out, but I do not see myself reaching for this in cooler weather, or for nights out.

on 5/9/2012 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Got samples at Macy's and fell in love with the fragrance so I bough a .3 oz travel size through eBay (about $10 w shipping) and of course I love the scent but the packaging makes me nervous I feel like any of these days there will be scent all over my purse because the lid is so easy to snap off. About the scent it's a sophisticated yet flirtatious smell , something Angelina Jolie could wear if you get my vibe, for a confident woman who is a lady but has an inner vixen. Haven't smelled the other ange ou demon's but I'm curious to try them. This "le secret" is for everyday night/day wear because it's powerful but not overwhelming. Purchased the Eau de Perfum and noticed one drop on my neck and wrist lasts me all day but of course after a while I don't notice it anymore. Found my perfect fragrance that's for sure! Happy, happy.

on 3/27/2012 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hoo boy. People love this fragrance. I was stopped by a total stranger (a fellow woman, I admit) to see what it was. Then I was struck with a paralysing fear of pronouncing the name. I think I said, "Ahhnjh ooh Deemohn... Ler Seecray' and sounded like a tosser.

Anyway, this is a light, sparkly, and flirty - yet somehow demure - fragrance. Sugary lemon meringue pie with a soft zing. It is clean, inviting, uplifting and uncomplicated. It is also really, really pretty.

This is the most-asked-about fragrance I have worn apart from 'Michael' by Michael Kors. I will add it to my fantasy permanent rotation which is going to be divided into two or three perfumes per season. It is similar to Eclat D'Arpege (also permanently on the list). AoDLE slots into Spring and Summer perfectly.

on 2/17/2012 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's my new obsession, ever since i've spent 3 hours at the store, sampling all the imaginable women's perfumes.
I smell berries and figs in it.
Packaging could be better - it always take ages for me to put the cap back on so it'd fit, but it's ok.
My previous favourites for comparison: Burberry Brit, Calvin Klein's Euphoria, L'eau D'Issey, Miss Dior Cherie.

on 1/1/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

On me, this lasts forever but dries down to a sweet patchouli scent. I wish the cranberry lasted longer. I still like it but it will take me forever to go through. I won't repurchase. ** Edit *** This turned out to be too sweet for me and dried down to stinky sweet patchouli. I still love the concept and really want to find a cranberry scent. On someone else, this would probably smell amazing.

on 12/20/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

This had decent staying power on me, which is unusual, most scents are gone in a few hours. I caught citrus notes, along with the floral, which made it fresh and not heavy or cloying. I was surprised that I liked it, I usually don't go for florals but this was pretty and complex, not just a one note gardenia or rose. I'd consider buying it, but not until I work my way through the ridiculous number of fragrances I currently have.

Popular Fragrances