October 24, 2014 | 916 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Ange ou Demon Le Secret

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I honestly couldn't tell you what this fragrance smells like, other than heaven! It's sweet, but not sickly sweet, and probably the most grown up fragrance I own. My other fave is JC Viva La Juicy, but this seems like a much more sophisticated scent. I'm so glad they gave me a sample at Ulta, otherwise I would never have discovered this! I used up my entire sample vial, and immediately purchased a full size. This stuff is expensive! I only use two sprays every time I wear it though, because it's a pretty strong scent and it lasts on me all day. I can still smell it on me now, and I put it on about 10 hours ago. I don't wear this everyday, but I will always have a bottle in rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

I like this perfume. It did not bowl me over, but I do receive many compliments on it. On first spray, it smelled like straight up tea with lemon. I love tea, but I was unsure I wanted to smell like tea haha. It evolved into pleasant scent, unoffensive, summery, and light. On my skin, it smells nothing at all like Light Blue. I have worn Light Blue for years, and I do not think they are similar. Now on some people the lemon note may stay dominant, but on me, it quickly fades. Would probably repurchase if I ever run out, but I do not see myself reaching for this in cooler weather, or for nights out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jessido

Got samples at Macy's and fell in love with the fragrance so I bough a .3 oz travel size through eBay (about $10 w shipping) and of course I love the scent but the packaging makes me nervous I feel like any of these days there will be scent all over my purse because the lid is so easy to snap off. About the scent it's a sophisticated yet flirtatious smell , something Angelina Jolie could wear if you get my vibe, for a confident woman who is a lady but has an inner vixen. Haven't smelled the other ange ou demon's but I'm curious to try them. This "le secret" is for everyday night/day wear because it's powerful but not overwhelming. Purchased the Eau de Perfum and noticed one drop on my neck and wrist lasts me all day but of course after a while I don't notice it anymore. Found my perfect fragrance that's for sure! Happy, happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hoo boy. People love this fragrance. I was stopped by a total stranger (a fellow woman, I admit) to see what it was. Then I was struck with a paralysing fear of pronouncing the name. I think I said, "Ahhnjh ooh Deemohn... Ler Seecray' and sounded like a tosser.

Anyway, this is a light, sparkly, and flirty - yet somehow demure - fragrance. Sugary lemon meringue pie with a soft zing. It is clean, inviting, uplifting and uncomplicated. It is also really, really pretty.

This is the most-asked-about fragrance I have worn apart from 'Michael' by Michael Kors. I will add it to my fantasy permanent rotation which is going to be divided into two or three perfumes per season. It is similar to Eclat D'Arpege (also permanently on the list). AoDLE slots into Spring and Summer perfectly.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by oxxoxxoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's my new obsession, ever since i've spent 3 hours at the store, sampling all the imaginable women's perfumes.
I smell berries and figs in it.
Packaging could be better - it always take ages for me to put the cap back on so it'd fit, but it's ok.
My previous favourites for comparison: Burberry Brit, Calvin Klein's Euphoria, L'eau D'Issey, Miss Dior Cherie.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On me, this lasts forever but dries down to a sweet patchouli scent. I wish the cranberry lasted longer. I still like it but it will take me forever to go through. I won't repurchase. ** Edit *** This turned out to be too sweet for me and dried down to stinky sweet patchouli. I still love the concept and really want to find a cranberry scent. On someone else, this would probably smell amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This had decent staying power on me, which is unusual, most scents are gone in a few hours. I caught citrus notes, along with the floral, which made it fresh and not heavy or cloying. I was surprised that I liked it, I usually don't go for florals but this was pretty and complex, not just a one note gardenia or rose. I'd consider buying it, but not until I work my way through the ridiculous number of fragrances I currently have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Mbryan766

This is one of my favorite perfumes. Others I like are Light Blue and Burberry the Beat for a reference. The perfume so so light, clean, and feminine. It has a bright opening that is fruity and intoxicating. Then, there is a soft white floral note that takes over. A drawback of the perfume is that it definitely doesn't last long, but it is one of the best perfumes I've tried. I am very picky with perfumes as well. The perfume is definitely unoffensive, so if your bothered by perfumes, this one might be a good choice. However, if you don't like light, fresh, or slightly flowery perfumes, this one is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I discovered this fragrance in the Sephora Scent Sampler that came out for the 2011 holiday. I'm in love! I think this is going to be the scent out of all the others for which I use the free voucher for a full sized bottle. I've always been a fan of Givenchy scents, so it's no surprise that I love Ange ou Demon Le Secret. I don't get the other reviewers' comparison to D&G Light Blue. It doesn't smell like LB to me. What lingers on me are the lemon and tea scents, which I find to be perfect because I prefer clean scents and love tea and lemon. It's a sophisticated scent without being stodgy and old ladyish. This has become my new go-to fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i bought this after i saw an ad for the elixir version but couldn't find it in the stores yet. i like this one. it's not a cutesy teen perfume. it smells like a grown woman that is sexy and alluring. it has good staying power and doesn't turn weird on me. i don't know the notes and all that that are in it but i know i like it and it smells lovely. i don't even care about getting the elixir version now. i wear more than one perfume but i'll keep this in my rotation.