April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Ange ou Demon Le Secret

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hoo boy. People love this fragrance. I was stopped by a total stranger (a fellow woman, I admit) to see what it was. Then I was struck with a paralysing fear of pronouncing the name. I think I said, "Ahhnjh ooh Deemohn... Ler Seecray' and sounded like a tosser.

Anyway, this is a light, sparkly, and flirty - yet somehow demure - fragrance. Sugary lemon meringue pie with a soft zing. It is clean, inviting, uplifting and uncomplicated. It is also really, really pretty.

This is the most-asked-about fragrance I have worn apart from 'Michael' by Michael Kors. I will add it to my fantasy permanent rotation which is going to be divided into two or three perfumes per season. It is similar to Eclat D'Arpege (also permanently on the list). AoDLE slots into Spring and Summer perfectly.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by oxxoxxoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's my new obsession, ever since i've spent 3 hours at the store, sampling all the imaginable women's perfumes.
I smell berries and figs in it.
Packaging could be better - it always take ages for me to put the cap back on so it'd fit, but it's ok.
My previous favourites for comparison: Burberry Brit, Calvin Klein's Euphoria, L'eau D'Issey, Miss Dior Cherie.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On me, this lasts forever but dries down to a sweet patchouli scent. I wish the cranberry lasted longer. I still like it but it will take me forever to go through. I won't repurchase. ** Edit *** This turned out to be too sweet for me and dried down to stinky sweet patchouli. I still love the concept and really want to find a cranberry scent. On someone else, this would probably smell amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This had decent staying power on me, which is unusual, most scents are gone in a few hours. I caught citrus notes, along with the floral, which made it fresh and not heavy or cloying. I was surprised that I liked it, I usually don't go for florals but this was pretty and complex, not just a one note gardenia or rose. I'd consider buying it, but not until I work my way through the ridiculous number of fragrances I currently have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Mbryan766

This is one of my favorite perfumes. Others I like are Light Blue and Burberry the Beat for a reference. The perfume so so light, clean, and feminine. It has a bright opening that is fruity and intoxicating. Then, there is a soft white floral note that takes over. A drawback of the perfume is that it definitely doesn't last long, but it is one of the best perfumes I've tried. I am very picky with perfumes as well. The perfume is definitely unoffensive, so if your bothered by perfumes, this one might be a good choice. However, if you don't like light, fresh, or slightly flowery perfumes, this one is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I discovered this fragrance in the Sephora Scent Sampler that came out for the 2011 holiday. I'm in love! I think this is going to be the scent out of all the others for which I use the free voucher for a full sized bottle. I've always been a fan of Givenchy scents, so it's no surprise that I love Ange ou Demon Le Secret. I don't get the other reviewers' comparison to D&G Light Blue. It doesn't smell like LB to me. What lingers on me are the lemon and tea scents, which I find to be perfect because I prefer clean scents and love tea and lemon. It's a sophisticated scent without being stodgy and old ladyish. This has become my new go-to fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i bought this after i saw an ad for the elixir version but couldn't find it in the stores yet. i like this one. it's not a cutesy teen perfume. it smells like a grown woman that is sexy and alluring. it has good staying power and doesn't turn weird on me. i don't know the notes and all that that are in it but i know i like it and it smells lovely. i don't even care about getting the elixir version now. i wear more than one perfume but i'll keep this in my rotation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this fragance. Im useless at describing notes and other MUAS do it quite well but I can tell you this is the most sexy fragance Ive found. The scent is femenine but not princessy. I think the name says it all (angel or demon) because its in the middle between princess and femme fatale. The staying power is great and the bottle is beatiful. Its a little pricey but youre really paying for quality with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm no fragrance expert but I've owned and sampled hundreds over the past five years (thanks, MUA!). This is one of the dozen I've kept after a huge paring-down. I'm a bit puzzled as I read the reviews because this fragrance, on me, is much less floral and much warmer, yet still very light, if that makes sense. The wood is right up there for me after the first five minutes of wear, enveloped by the barest hint of the tea, peony, and lemon (strong tea scents make me a bit ill), and thus I find this fragrance less bright and more calming. If I were to go out on a limb, I'd say it's faintly watered-down incens-y, too, almost reminscent of Passage d'Enfer but less spice. Unique and striking on me, but really it's a scent just for my enjoyment, since sillage is poor as is staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not at all what I generally gravitate toward fragrance-wise. It is extremely sunny, and I tend to like darker fragrances. There is just something about it that I just can't quit. It is refreshing to wear in the oppressive heat of summer. The combination of the tea, the citrus and the fruit that I get is just so summery. I normally hate fruity perfume, but for reasons I can't explain, I love this.

I get the comparisons to Light Blue, but this, to me is superior. Both make me think of blinding sunlight, gauzy white sundresses, and lemon ices at first spray, but in LB the cedar note eventually takes over and I end up smelling like a rabbit cage. Le Secret remains sunny and lovely by comparison.

My one complaint is the lasting power. My dry skin devours this and I most reapply frequently. This is an expensive potion, and it is an EDP, so I expected better.

One final thought.... It occurred to me that this is one of the few instances that I have liked a flanker better than the original.