Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.6

on 3/23/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Alrighty as we all know this should be marketed as a blush and put in the blush catagory. Anyhow I think women from fair to dark could wear this shade and it would show up, it would depend on if this is a shade/formula you would like. To me it's a medium (not bright) pink, not a blue based pink but a neutral pink. Nicely pigmented and not alot of shimmer/glitter on the cheeks but not flat/matte either. It retails for $33 for .28 oz/8 g.

on 3/19/2011 3:59:00 PM

My first Bobbi Brown purchase and I love it. Been using this for about a year now, and it gives me a great, natural color that works with my fair skin in the middle of winter or in the summer when I have a bit of color. I wouldn't call in a bronzer, but I apply it as such and its great.

on 1/3/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This product is pure love. As far as powders go, this comes about as close to shimmery, soft pink perfection as I've found. Just the softest, barely perceptible shade of neutral/cool pink that's deep enough to wear as a blush (the brownish base adds depth without it wearing too deep or bright, as most blushes do) yet also highlights thanks to the fine shimmer. I'm psychotic about anything with a shimmer being too frosty but the shimmer in this merely encourages this powder from a flattening matte finish to a soft, near-satin finish. Prevents your face from looking flat or dull, as most bronzers have a tendency to do so. The soft pink actually brightens up my face without looking bright-blushy. I typically prefer a cream but there are days when a powder is just easier to swipe on and go, also they can layer very nicely over a cream for a more polished finish. This wears nicely on it's own to even out skin, brighten and yes, illuminate. I just look healthier with this on. This layers nicely over her Chocolate cherry PR for some more depth. I wanted a soft, neutral, brightening pink without looking too cotton-candy pink and this is it. My olive tone typically makes even the most subtle pink shades look ridiculous, but this is lovely. Absolutely backup worthy. I can see this flattering a variety of skin tones.

on 11/22/2010 9:17:00 PM

This is billed as a bronzer, but it won't make your skin any darker or tanner. Rather, it gives a sun-flushed look. It is a pale golden-pink with some slightly bronze undertones. Hard to explain, but I wear Warm Ivory in Bobbi foundations, and this gives the most incredible flush. It just looks really natural, and has the right balance of gold and pink. The shimmer is not over-powering, and the shimmer particles sort of "meld" into the skin and just makes me look glowy.

It is a tad expensive ($36), but the compact is nice - has a mirror and a snap closure like a pressed powder would - and contains plenty of product.

I would definitely give this a try if you are looking for a glowy pink blush. I wouldvr overlooked it had the SA not suggested it. continued >>

on 9/27/2010 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this bronzer. It seems more like a blush color but it has a slight "bronzey" cast to it. When I wear it, it reminds me of the color my face used to turn (brownish pink?) at the beach back in my reckless youth before I started practicing safe sun. It has slight shimmer but not alot - just enough to give you a slight glow.

on 9/10/2010 4:58:00 PM

I love this blush. Maybe its labeled as a bronzer because it gives a sun kissed flush. This powder is super finely milled and gives a lit from within glow. Its my current HG blush of the moment. Its really natural looking on my NC25 skin.

on 8/15/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is gorgeous-but let's face it, this is a BLUSH. It is not a bronzer. It is a medium-light warm pink with very subtle shimmer. I am very fair and barely tan but any color I get is golden brown, and as pale as I am, I can wear standard shades of bronzer. If you are fair and looking for a great warm pink blush, this is it, and there is a lot of product in the packaging.

on 7/10/2010 1:01:00 AM

I got this is a pallette and I had read that it makes a good blush on very fair skin. I am so fair that I use a fan brush a just a tiny swipe of this and it is perfect. I have blue undertones and have never been able to use anything with peach in it, but this has enough pink that it's ok. If I put very much on the peach starts to come out more. My daughter has blonde hair and cool toned skin, but a slight tan and it goes real well on her also. The pink ballet lipcolor that came in the pallette and this for a blush matches best for her, and the azaela which is a pinky plum, but sheer , is best on me. I think this is a good blush for fair skin as it is sheer and natural. Nars Orgasm is supposed to be pinky peach, but it is way more orange and bright.

on 6/18/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On one word: Gorgeous.
I'm practically white, much lighter than any of MAC's Foundations for example; just someone way out of the usual regular ranges. On me, this is the perfect mixture of bronze and pink. It gives me just that hint of color I always looked for in other bronzers but never found, combined with a perfect flush and an absolutely lovely, subtle glow. I've used this everyday since I've got it, and I can't see myself straying from it any time soon.

The staying power is perfect, packaging is simple and chic. I'm very happy with this product overall and would recommend it to anyone really pale who's looking for something to create a healthy summer look.

on 5/23/2010 10:38:00 AM

I would hardly describe this product as a bronzer...shimmer blush, yes, all-over face color - maybe. But not a bronzer - not if the color you are looking for is anything resembling a tan. This is a shimmering peachy-pink color reminiscent of Nars Orgasm. It applies fairly sheer - the shimmer factor is not as great as it might appear in the pan. I paired this with Bobbi's Pink Beige lip gloss - a pretty combo. If you are looking for a bronzing powder and your are fair like me, take a look at Bobbi's Natural bronzing powder. Now that's a bronzer. You might also like Nars' Maui multiple for a believable reddish brown hue.

Popular Bronzers