October 23, 2014 | 2162 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Lover

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by wandereux

I wear Illamasqua Lover almost every day. I am completely in love. It's a gorgeous peach with amazing pigmentation. I would buy this over & over & over. HG peach blush for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think the below reviews have already covered a lot. I just wanted to add, if you have a cool skin tone, this can still work. So I was quite hesitant in getting this orange-peach blush, but I did a nice swap for it thinking I can give it to my mom or sister (who are warm toned) if it looks terrible. When Lover, arrived I thought it was a hopeless case. It really is orange in the pan! OK it's peach/coral but it doesn't have pink in it. So I was VERY surprised that this works on my cool skin! I really do think I am cool and not neutral because makeup for warm skin usually looks terrible on me. Corals I can do but usually they have some pink in them. This I did not expect would look so good. It is pigmented so apply with a very light hand. I don't recommend buying untried but don't write this off if you're cool toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by anndrealynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably is my most reached for blush in my collection. Lover is a true peach colour blush. Like all my other illamasqua blushes, lover is super pigmented and saying 'a little goes a long way' would definitely be appropriate. I've had it for probably over a year, use it constantly and have yet to hit pan.
It's a dream to use and just gives a lovely natural looking peach colour to the cheeks. It's a purely matte blush which makes it extremely wearable and just add some highlighter to give it that something extra.
The packaging however, leaves a lot to be desired. It's a cheap feeling plastic which makes me paranoid about dropping it as I'm sure the product will then be ruined... But that's the only negative for this otherwise beautiful product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles188

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a very good product. It makes my cheeks look awsome...and the color is beautiful!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

One of my absolute favorite blushes. It DOES look scary carrot-y peach in the pan, which is why I hesitated about buying it. Still, it caught my eye because it was such a unique shade, so I figured it was worth a try.

PROS: Lover is incredibly BEAUTIFUL on the skin. I'm NC25 (very warm), and the apricot color makes me look radiant and fresh. I think it's a great color for people with neutral to warm skin because it gives that youthful, 'inner glow' sort of look without being obvious. (I'm not sure how this would look on someone with super cool skin.) Lover is not as scary pigmented as the other Illamasqua blushes, so I do NOT have to use a super light hand (which is a relief because I am heavy-handed).

CONS: I found this blush a little crumby so I have to be careful with how I swipe my brush across the top. The packaging is bulky but made of light plastic, so I think you could easily break this blush if you dropped it. Also, I am not sure how good its staying power is because it depends on the weather and how hydrated my skin is at the time; in really hot weather when I am sweaty and/or oilier than normal, it seems to hold up pretty well (6-8 hrs), but it tends to fade noticeably after only a few hours when my skin is dryer and I am indoors more often. It's NOT the longest lasting blush I own (the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes win that title).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is all I ever wanted and more. I heard so much about this blush from reviews and recs on MUA, and finally having ordered and tried it, it's wonderful. I love that the peach shade is unique; most lean brown or pink, but this is a true pastel peach. I just wish it were a little less powdery, but that fact doesn't bother me much at all.

My gripe with the packaging is that it's not the easiest to open; it's nice that it won't just fly open during travel, but I have to pry it with my nails, which can be deadly to a manicure.

Overall, I really love the product. It's a perfect and natural-looking face brightener for my NC37 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Lxis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite peach blush. I really like it because unlike many other peach blushes, this is a true peach without any pink undertones. It goes on very smooth and doesn't have shimmer. It is very pigmented, but gives a natural flush when applied with a light hand. The packaging is rather bulky, but to me it's not a big deal. It does have a faint creamy vanilla scent, and I quite like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Received Lover in the mail today! I am in love... It's a beautiful peach apricot shade, very bright. Swatched very heavily on my arm, photographed in very bad light it turned a pastel orange! On the face it is bright, but deeper. Looks fantastic. The only blushes I had before this which were anything like peach were MAC - Pinch o Peach (not really peach at all!) and Bourjois Tomette, which is sparkly and a dirtier shade of peach. Very impressed with Lover!

I've been wearing this recently. Worn lightly it turns a beautiful peach pink on my face... I don't know how, but I'm impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeas2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent pigmentation and no shimmers - love this matte clean peachy shade. Very flattering on my medium olive skin tone. I got it on impulse when Illamasqua had 20% off - I was sold when I felt how soft the powder is! I have tonnes of NARs blushes and I have to admit I prefer the feel of the Illamasquas. I have been using this new blush all week and will be checking out the other shades soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

IDK why I expected a brighter orange blush and the wow! effect I got with Nars Exhibit A:). This is pretty true peach, not too bright imo and I had no problems overapplying. Glided on smoothly and was matte and bit glowy at the same time which I liked. In some lightnings it managed to look pinkish. Something wrong with my skins ph? I do have cool undertones but.. After I got over the disappointment of the colour and how it looked on me I was ok, for awhile. Lasting power was much poorer than Nars, Blasco and many cheap ds blushes. I`m happy it was free shipping since I ordered 3 blushes in all about 60euros. I regret not getting a cream blush. As for powders, I`m done.