September 22, 2014 | 1033 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Victoria's Secret - Victoria's Secret Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ricaalava

Since giving birth two years ago, my skin has been very weird. I started getting acne and I became very careful with what products to put on my face. The Victoria's Secret Airbrush FX Face Primer (only I have it in the SPF15) is one of my favorite skin products ever! It's not too expensive for a non-drugstore brand, cost me $15. And I don't need to put on so much so a bottle also lasts me long. It leaves a silky almost silicone feeling to the face when applied. My makeup glides on smoothly and this product does NOT break me out which is very good. I would definitely recommend this face primer. I am Asian and I would even love to give this as a Christmas present this year to all my friends in the Philippines since all of them are makeup lovers like me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another primer that I am not fully happy with, but I am still seeking for my HG in this department. VS primer is very silky and does a good job evening out the skin surface, preparing it for the foundation application. I love the feeling of smoothness it gives, but it really does nothing extending a wear of my foundation. I haven't noticed any difference at least. The packaging is wrong, because the staff is not fluidic enough and collects on the sides of the bottle, making it very hard to get out with the pump. Wish it was in a tube instead. Will not repurchase, still hope there is a better primer somewhere out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by ReginaGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great primer. I bought it being a little frugal instead of buying my usual MAC Prep and Prime. I love this primer. It goes on very smooth and has a minimal smell. This primer does it's job as it does help my make up stay on all day. I would have to say my only beef with this primer is that it makes me a little oily, but take this with a grain of salt as I have very oily skin on my face. I put a little milk of magnesia on my T-zone and then put this primer on top of it and I never miss a beat. I have also notice less breakouts using this primer than any of my others. Also note that it lasts a very long time, I wear makeup daily and Ive been using the same bottle since July!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is silky to the touch, it does not show under makeup, and as an added bonus has broad spectrum sun protection. What else can you want?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by nky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer because I didn't want to spend too much money and I was running low on my other primer, so basically, it was just on a whim. The packaging caught my eye, though, and I especially liked how the primer came in a decent plastic bottle with a pump, but I did not like how the product was all mushed together in the bottle. When I opened the lid, it seemed like the primer was all glued to the edges of the bottle and I would have to shake the bottle with force just to get it out. The texture of the primer is also silky, almost watered down, and EXTREMELY oily, which I did NOT favor for my combination skin. However, it does help keep the makeup stay on for long hours. I would go to school at 8 am, go to work in the afternoon, then come back home at 8 pm, and noticed that my makeup had not worn off at all. Overall, this was just a product that I bought on a whim and that I have always wanted to try out, but I will definitely not buy it again or recommend it to anyone with oily or combination skin.

Pros:
-has a pump
-decent price (about $18-$20)
-no fragrance
-helps makeup stay on for longs hours

Cons:
-TOO OILY!!!
-have to shake the bottle multiple times

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kayouakhang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolute HATE this product! I bought this oil-free primer because I already have oily skin and my face would just be excessively oily if I bought had bought the one with oil. Anyways, I had used Rimmel's face primer before and I loved it! It did a very great job evening out my skin and minimizing my pores. As I started running out I began looking around for a new primer and I came across this one. I thought I'd give it a try so I bought it and tried it out. It was a lot thinner and more oily than the one I had before. I didn't like how it didn't cover my skin evenly and it didn't minimize my pores on my nose, instead, it made them more visible to the eye. After using it for a month I realized how dark my pores had gotten! I tried using every remedy that you could possibly think of to get rid of them, but no luck. I was so upset. I became really self conscious of my nose and went back to my old primer which helped hide my now black pores. I wouldn't reccommend this product at all to anyone especially those with pores, those who break out easily, and those who have oily skin. It's a big waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by hawiinlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this primer. I have extremely oily skin and this keeps my skin perfect. Its hard to find something that keeps my skin matte and shine free all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Anners26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm kind of amazed by this primer. I have pretty dry skin and most primers tend to suck up all the moisture in my face and leave me with a Sahara desert-dryness that I have to try and apply foundation over... but this one feels so silky and actually seems to hydrate my skin. I usually just smear on some tinted moisturizer and a bit of cream blush over this and I'm good for the entire day. It's really an impressive product, I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of primers I used to use the MAC prep and prime but would always end up greasy by the end of the day, I picked this up at VS to bump my purchase to $50 so I could use a coupon and when I used it I loved it. Goes on really smooth, gives a really nice base for foundation and just makes my face really matte and silky I use the oil free version because at 27 I still have awful acne and it helps to cover my acne scars. Really nice product, I'm starting to try more of their make up and am really liking it I was hesitant because I hate every fragrance except Heavenly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This was the first foundation primer I used and it's probably the one I'll consistently come back to after having tried other face primers including from Stila and NYX. The primer has SPF 30 already so you can use any foundation with or without SPF. The texture of this primer is very silky, though too much of it can feel a little greasy on the skin, so a minimal amount is key to feel-good powder foundation makeup that doesn't get heavy on the skin throughout the day. This can be an issue for those with oily skin especially during the summer, but fortunately Victoria's Secret recently came out with an oil-free primer. I have yet to try this, but this definitely sounds like a far better alternative than the original for those with oily and acne-prone skin! The original formula should be great for those with dry skin, though.

I would give this product a 5, but the packaging has a pump that may dispense too much product at once, so I often had to pump a quarter of the way down to get just the minimal amount of product I needed for one application of foundation. A full pump would have resulted in the greasy mess I mentioned.

The price of this primer is a little high compared to primers such as those by NYX. I have tried the HD primer from NYX though, and although it's about $5 cheaper than the primer from VS, I still prefer the more versatile VS formula by leaps and bounds more.