Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

4.1

oje

on 9/7/2013 6:40:00 PM

I tried this out just today so this I'd basically a first impressions, there must be different bottles because in The states I bought this and it came in a blue-ish tinted bottle. And said "revlon liquid quick dry" and is the only top coat they had anywhere I looked. Well I painted my nails using the revlon base coat, and the color "fearless" then followed with this... And it's not terrible at all. Better than some other quick dry top costs, leaves nails looking shiny, probably because its more of an oil than a nail polish... You have to apply a very little amount of this stuff over your polish or it will not work right! If you apply to much if doesn't work. This stuff claims to only take 60 seconds to dry, but it took me more like an hour which is fine because usually my nails take like 4 hours to dry and when doing my nails before bed its a hassle! Also, the smell of this stuff is just terrible, I wouldn't expect it to be good... But it's just so potent you can smell it throughout my house.. Yikes. Overall it's a pretty good product, just don't apply too much!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This topcoat isn't horrible but it has two factors I cannot deal with- major bubbling and a tiny brush.

on 8/27/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried numerous QDTCs, essie GTG, Seche Vite, BL Hardwear, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. The first two shrinks my manis, BL dulls quickly and SH chips off easily. Enter Revlon. it is not the thickest of tcs and it doesnt self level brilliantly, but it does dry quickly and doesn't shrink my polish. Still searching for my HG TC but this will do in the meantime:)

on 8/13/2013 8:22:00 PM

Amazing. Works great, there is nothing wrong with it. Dries very fast, makes manicure last long and gives polish a great shine. Will buy this and only this topcoat from now on.

on 8/13/2013 4:31:00 AM

This is my HG top coat and I have been using this for years. I don't know why I never wrote a review earlier. This is cheap and works well. Easy application and goes on thin. It dries fairly quickly and gives it a really nice shiny glossy finish. Definitely worth every penny! Only downfall is about halfway through the bottle it gets really thick and you can't use it anymore. Considering the price of this top coat compared to others, I don't mind purchasing a new one when it gets to that point.

on 8/12/2013 8:56:00 AM

I think I have found my HG Topcoat! I bought this at Walmart for around 5 dollars. It isn't too thick, and I had no little bubbles like I always get with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. I did my nails pretty late last night and put this topcoat on at around 10:30pm and couldn't stay awake past 11:30pm but when I woke up there were no sheet marks!!!! So far, I love this topcoat.

It dries quickly, it's a thin formula that's easy to apply and it gives a mega shiny finish (I keep getting complimented on my nails..this is the only top coat I use). I haven't used many top coats ..just Sally Hansen Mega Shine (bad) and Insta Dri in the red bottle (good, but thick). The reason I didn't give this a 5 is because I don't think this made my manicure last any longer than usual...3 days maybe 4 if I'm lucky. It was $5 something at Walmart (Canada)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I LOVE this top coat. It leaves my nails very shiney and lasts a week with no chipping. I do touch it up because I love the initial high shine, but it's not necessary. I normally use SV, but I think I think I'm going to switch to this one instead. It's easier to find and half the price.

on 7/18/2013 11:25:00 PM

PROS:
- Hands gently usable after 10-15 min, survives if applied 1-2 hrs before bed
- Smooth, glossy finish
- Applies in thin, even coats
- Lasts 5-7 days with most polish on decently intact nails (I type a lot but that's it)
- As it dries, some dings can be smoothed over gingerly with fingertips

CONS:
- Tends to get goopy toward the end of the bottle (easily fixed with thinner)
- Pulls wet polish, so I wait a couple of minutes before applying

BOTTOM LINE:
Just purchased my 5th bottle. I think this is the only product I've never bothered to stray from.

on 6/20/2013 11:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used to really love the Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat until I tried some other ones an realized that this really isn't any good. It is a thin top coat which I like since it dried fast just as promised but your nails start chipping with this after a day. I expect my manicure to last longer than that! Try the Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Top Coat instead.