December 20, 2014 | 1540 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It dries quickly, it's a thin formula that's easy to apply and it gives a mega shiny finish (I keep getting complimented on my nails..this is the only top coat I use). I haven't used many top coats ..just Sally Hansen Mega Shine (bad) and Insta Dri in the red bottle (good, but thick). The reason I didn't give this a 5 is because I don't think this made my manicure last any longer than usual...3 days maybe 4 if I'm lucky. It was $5 something at Walmart (Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this top coat. It leaves my nails very shiney and lasts a week with no chipping. I do touch it up because I love the initial high shine, but it's not necessary. I normally use SV, but I think I think I'm going to switch to this one instead. It's easier to find and half the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Hands gently usable after 10-15 min, survives if applied 1-2 hrs before bed
- Smooth, glossy finish
- Applies in thin, even coats
- Lasts 5-7 days with most polish on decently intact nails (I type a lot but that's it)
- As it dries, some dings can be smoothed over gingerly with fingertips

CONS:
- Tends to get goopy toward the end of the bottle (easily fixed with thinner)
- Pulls wet polish, so I wait a couple of minutes before applying

BOTTOM LINE:
Just purchased my 5th bottle. I think this is the only product I've never bothered to stray from.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I used to really love the Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat until I tried some other ones an realized that this really isn't any good. It is a thin top coat which I like since it dried fast just as promised but your nails start chipping with this after a day. I expect my manicure to last longer than that! Try the Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Top Coat instead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lit0laura

LOVE this top coat!
I used Poshe top coat before this, ran out, and didn't feel like spending the $8-9 bucks again. This was on sale at my grocery store, so I thought why not. This polish is amazing! Super shiny, dries very quickly.

The only thing is, the brush is pretty thin. I have wide nails, so it takes a *little* bit more work, but it's nothing bad, honestly.

Amazing top coat, worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really great drugstore quick dry top coat. It's easily found in many places, it's inexpensive, it dries quickly, it is really shiny, it works over every nail polish I've tried... I can't think of anything bad about it, really. For superior shine I will use Seche Vite, but most of the time I don't feel like futzing with that - Seche is very needy and has a lot of requirements. Sometimes I just want to slap a top coat on without a lot of concentration. For that (aka most of the time) I use this guy. It doesn't dry as crazy-fast as Seche does for me (nothing else does, in my experience), but it also isn't as quirky or hard to deal with, and it still dries plenty fast. It doesn't get goopy at the halfway point in the bottle, either. It's been my go-to topcoat for several months, actually. You really can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by CocoJuniper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HG top coat. I love the thin formula, the high-sine finish, the quick dry time, and the cheap price. I never have trouble with sheet marks, even when I paint my nails at night. (I'm convinced this is a body chemistry issue -- for example, I personally can't use Sally Hansen products because the products don't cure properly and I ALWAYS get sheet marks.) As for wear time, I tend to change my polish 1-2 times per week and I usually experience nothing worse than minor tip wear. The color and shine can fade a little, so if I'm wearing a manicure for an extended period of time, I will reapply the top coat every few days. I've bought this product over and over again and it's never gotten thick on me the way some brands do. It does thicken slightly, but never to the point that it's difficult to use. My one gripe is that the brush doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle, so as the product runs out, it becomes more difficult to get product onto the brush. I rated the packaging quality low for that reason but it won't stop me repurchasing, as other brands have the same problem.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great stuff! Makes your nail polish look super shiny and it really brings out the color. It goes on nice and dries very quickly. Can't use nail polish without this. ^_^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I've had mine for a year and its still going strong.
I use it to seal my nail colour and with time its become thick but it still works and drys fast! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Dries fast and smooth. Colour stays on for days very happy with it. Can't go wrong for $5