November 27, 2014 | 1481 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Pink Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by chloeemina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect pink for me! My lips are naturally very light pink and I hate the way it looks with my skintone, but Pink Me Up adds a natural deep pink color to them. The color sensational lipsticks in general are moisturizing and I love the packaging! The stickers on the bottom are pretty accurate to the true lipstick colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by fihe

Great lipstick! I'm not sure how I would describe the color other than that it's a medium pink. I find that it is moisturizing and gives good color. like with some of my other lipsticks, I like to match it to a particular shirt I own O_O

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

Love this pink. It's not too bright. It's like my lips but better. The texture is creamy and it glides on smoothly. It isn't super long lasting but it does leave a pretty stain.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Glides on as a creamy, non-shimmery, pigmented neutral-to-cool light pink. As it sets, though, it becomes a bit brighter and, in my case, more flattering. The texture is deceiving, however. It seems as if it should be moisturizing, but it isn't. It's drying enough to make my (sensitive) lips feel tight and uncomfortable. Still, it's a lovely shade. I like that it stains the lips and wears off evenly. [Edit: Had to stop using it due to irritation.]

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by phoebeY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a neutral pink color, it looks great on me because the colour is similar to my own lip color, very neutral and it doesn't make my lip very dry. overall, it's a good product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I should have known better ~ I keep thinking that somehow one of these pink lipsticks is going to work for someone with a fair, yellow-orange, skin tone. This lipstick looked and reminded me of the 1980's pink lipsticks that were worn with neon swimsuits. It's was very barbie doll like on me. It might have worked if I had a tan, but I don't lay in the sun anymore. This color didn't work for me, so it's going back to the store...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by blonde93

Lovely, neutral purple-y pink. I usually look horrible in pink lipsticks that throw purple because i have red undertones to my skin but this one really compliments my face. It is one of those perfect 'my-lips-but-way-better' colours that you can wear with any look. On me, the colour looks nothing like it does in the swatch shown above.

Usually i can only wear gloss when i do smokey eye makeup, but this is light enough to wear with it without making me look like a clown. The packaging is also beautiful and the texture is non-drying and creamy. No glitter which is a tremendous plus as i hate the gritty feeling it gives my lips. Will surely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by haneulhouseki

Sorry, but I'm going to have to give this an overall 3. First off, I'm not really a lipstick person so I thought I'd give this a try when CVS was having 2/$10. This was really pretty in the tube, swatched, and swatched on someone's lips on beautyswatch (a website that has lipstick swatches on people's lips). I also bought this color because of another Asian girl said it was flattering for her complexion. I'm an asian NC 25-30 in the summer and a bit lighter in the winter. My lips are, I would say medium-to pretty pigmented, a pinky-berry-muave color (more on the pink berry side). I actually wanted to get a lipstick color in almost the same shade as my lip color (haha, sounds weird, but I really like my lip color and I didn't just want a clear gloss or balm). This on without a concealer or nude shade to cancel out my original lip color was sooooooo bright. It is definitely a medium pink with a hint of muave (though I don't really see it?) no blue, peach, or coral undertones. It doesn't really match well with my coloring. I will probably have to just apply one coat or something.

Packaging-wise, this isn't that great. It's flimsy and I can see why so many people dislike it.

Texture-wise, it's pretty smooth but the shinyness does seem to disappear after a few minutes with balm underneath.

I like the finish of it, it's not as shiny as a gloss and I love how it's matte.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

If you have a coupon, this product will be pretty cheap!
Overall, I like this color a lot. I'm NC30 and have pigmented lips, so what I do is put on a nude colored lipstick first then put on pink me up. The result is quite amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing good reviews on this line of lipstick on MUA I wanted to try it out. I actually wanted to get the Park Av Peach because I'm not a 'pink person' but it was out of stock at 2 stores... So I ended up buying this one.

My notes:
(1) I was pleasantly surprised, this pink looks very nice on me (Asian skin tone). It's a very versatile pink I think - it looks different under different light (in a good way)! It's very matte (I like) but not too dull-looking.
(2) The texture is very soft and color is quite rich, slightly more color than the moisture extreme line. The smell is nice and has no weird taste.
(3) It is actually a bit drying. My lips are chronically dry so this doesn't help. Maybe I should stick with moisture extreme.
(4) Lasting power is okay, need to reapply after eating, as usual.
(5) I can see they wanted to do something creative with the packaging but I think its too bulky..
(6) The other thing I don't like is that this color makes my teeth appear quite yellow.. for some reason :S

Sorry to bring down the "100% buy again" status. I personally won't buy cos I'm not a big fan of pink lips and it's a bit drying for me.