October 2, 2014 | 1126 users online

Treatments - Hard As Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hard as Hoof is definitely one of my HG products that I can't live without. Before I figured out my nail routine to what it is now, I had splitting, chipping, cracking, and peeling nails that wouldn't grow very long. My nails would bend quite easily because they were very fragile and thin. I could only get about a maximum of 2mm free edge but after using this cream my nails have free edges of about 4-5mm long and I have to file them down to keep them this length because they haven't broken. My peeling, splitting, and chipping went away but my thumb nails still crack on the side once in a while because of hitting the mouse on my trackpad and the space bar. My nails are so much harder and stronger now but still have enough flexibility in them so they don't break if I hit them against something. I think that using HAH with Mavala Scientifique has been the cure for my nails and what's gotten them to the gorgeous state they're in now. I highly recommend this product. It worked for me so I hope it works for you too - if it doesn't then it's no big deal because it's $5-8 at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Lilo1988

After hearing such good reviews I thought i'd give it a try as my nails are in such bad condition! I've never been able to grow them past a few mm at best before they peel or tear and they are so dry it's unreal! Bare in mind I have only been using this for 5 days. I've found that It feels nice when it's put on and even when it's soaked in it looks good for a bit but it doesn't last long my nails look dry about an hour afterwards, as I haven't been using it long I will continue to use and see if there is any improvement. My cuticles though are in great condition now! My nails are still starting to peel but again I haven't used it very long! It's a bit pricey if it DOESN'T work but for those it did work for its a good price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kizer08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product my nails were always breaking and it really helped them grow and get stronger. I use to buy it at walmart but they have been out of it lately so i got online at i need beauty.com. I would recommend it to anyone with weak nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Ebafahy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this product for 1 day and I must say, i already LOVE IT. I took off my arcrylic nails last week and my natural nails have been horrible, very weak and tearing. I went to google for help and this product popped up. I figured with such good reviews, and for only $5 at WalMart, it was worth the try. Let me start by saying the scent is amazing! Its a white cream and I rubbed it into my nails and cuticles. It absorbed very quickly, not greasy at all. It didnt take much either, its a small jar but I can see it lasting a very long time. its been about a day and I can already see a difference. I gave it a 4 so far because its only been a day, but I am excited to see what this wonderful product can do in more time. Id definitely recommed and i will be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ecmeikle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this for three days and already my nails are noticeably stronger! I have been applying it 3-5 times a day.

I have terrible, weak, bend-y, flaky fingernails and have spent so much money buying strengthening top coats, etc. So far they have been a complete waste of money and some have made my nails worse, I'm pretty sure.

I saw the amazing reviews for this and thought I would give it a go. IT ACTUALLY WORKS. I don't know what is in this that makes it work so well but I love it. It blows my mind that this inexpensive cream is showing results in three days, when I have spent twice the amount on OPI's Nail Envy formulas and they have done nothing at all.

My nails are definitely stronger, and I can see their colour improving too. So happy to have finally found something that works!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by frankenstain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cream is pretty good and the scent is good. But its a little too sticky. It made my nails a stronger and more moisturized but its a little too expensive. I think Mango Mend is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So far I really like it.
After the first day (applied it 3 times) my nails were already harder and resistant to folding.

I bought this because my nails kept peeling and chipping and I just couldn't grow them out to a length that I wanted, especially since I use my nails as tools.

Smells like cherry almonds which I'm not a huge fan of because I don't like artificial cherries. Absorbs very quickly.

I'll update later about the long term results!

update: it's been a week, and today my friend told me my nails are "super white"!!! :):):)!!! also, my nail peeled prior to using this product so the tip of my nail is actually half a layer now, but it has somehow managed to stay on. usually by now it would have been peeled off. so far, i'm lovin this product. will update again later!

update: been using this for a few months now and I still love it. I don't use it over nail polish because I don't want to waste it, I feel like it won't work as well. I use it during my nail polish-free days and my favorite part is the naturally whiter tips it gives me. Haven't noticed it growing faster but it definitely is much, much stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by IndiaJazmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product is great, I was - of course - sceptical, always am, but my flaky, weak nails are now moisturised and strong. I've had no new flaking and my cuticles look great, I usually have to do my cuticles twice a week but I think I've gone about a week and a half now and they look absolutely fine - I'd say I have pretty high standards when it comes to cuticles.
I've been using this without nail polish for the past couple of weeks, I think it's the best way to do it. I was using it over my CND shellac polish and it seemed to soften it to the point where I scraped it all off, eeeeek! Naughty, I know but it didn't seem to damage my nails at all.
I forgot to use it for a day and my nails went back to being quite dry very quickly, I think it's safe to say that I'm an addict and I'm going to have to order my next pot (from amazon, 6) well before I run out.
I had AWFUL nails, I was pulling my hair out, really. I hope this works for you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hard as Hoof is definitely one of my HG products that I can't live without. Before I figured out my nail routine to what it is now, I had splitting, chipping, cracking, and peeling nails that wouldn't grow very long. My nails would bend quite easily because they were very fragile and thin. I could only get about a maximum of 2mm free edge but after using this cream my nails have free edges of about 4-5mm long and I have to file them down to keep them this length because they haven't broken. My peeling, splitting, and chipping went away but my thumb nails still crack on the side once in a while because of hitting the mouse on my trackpad and the space bar. My nails are so much harder and stronger now but still have enough flexibility in them so they don't break if I hit them against something. I think that using HAH with Mavala Scientifique has been the cure for my nails and what's gotten them to the gorgeous state they're in now. I highly recommend this product. It worked for me so I hop it works for you too - if it doesn't then it's no big deal because it's $5 at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG...great cuticle cream which can also double as a hand cream.