December 21, 2014 | 1616 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

i think we've had this in our bathroom cupboard for YEARS, but I never used it b/c I didn't think my skin was dry enough to warrant using a moisturizing cream. I'm currently on accutane, and The Body Shop body butter wasn't moisturizing enough and my skin was so dry and itchy, so when I randomly found this in the bathroom, I thought, why not? And I'm really glad I did. I'm not too fond of the jar packaging (we have the ginormous one from Costco), but I always make sure my hands/fingers are clean. I literally envelope my body in this, and my skin loves it. There's no fragrance whatsoever, so it doesn't compete with any perfume/EDT. It's very moisturizing, but not greasy/oily. I tend to put tons on, so my skin doesn't absorb it right away, but if I apply it at night, my skin is soooooo soft and silky the next morning. Also, this is the only cream I've used so far on my upper arms that doesn't aggravate my KP (which has gotten better over the years, but still not totally gone). Plus, because this is so moisturizing, my super dry and flaky elbows don't require extra balm or vaseline to keep them soft and supple. I'm getting more at Costco before I run out!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Julie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, seriously. I love it so so much. I have a more to dry sensitive acne-prone skin and this does not break me out at all. In fact, it actually helps to calm my zits. The best thing of all is that when my skin experiences dryness and I get these flaky patches on my face, I just slather it on at night before I go to bed right after I wash my face, and the next day, voila, my skin is baby smooth.

This saved my skin really. Whenever my skin is reacting badly, I slather this on my face and it changes everything, it becomes so smooth and moisturised. Honestly, this is my HG moisturiser, been using this for more than 3 years now and I still love it. :)

I mean what's not to love about it? It's not expensive at all, it lasts for a reasonable time, it's not sticky and it does not break my skin out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by jurlinganna

I love this product to the moon, and back. It's helped me through really dry skin, and its been a great foundation for me.

My mom picked this up at costco like 1 year ago? at first, I was hesitant to whether or not i should use it. BUT I AM SO GLAD I DID!

It moisturizes like purrrrfectly, and it's not that sticky like other lotions.

SO TO THE MAKER OF THIS:

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE MY HEROO

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by cindy98le

It does an amazing job of moisturizing my skin. The only thing that makes me not want to buy this product again is because it gave me zits the next day!! I would use this for my body but no where near my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

This stuff us great!! I have very dry skin around my lip, chin and nose area because of the acne medication I use. My deem recommended cetaphil moisturizing lotion and i tried using it for a couple of days instead of my jargons night cream and my skin was so dry! I decided to try this and I'm so glad i did! It does exactly what the jergons night cream does except its not greasy and it leaves your skin nice and soft and not shiny. Although it is $10 dollars compared to the jargons cream for less than half the price i will defiantly be repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Iguanatan

I have to say I feel plain silly for forking out all the $$ I have on expensive night moisturisers over the years.
This has literally turned my winter dry flakies (winter here in AU) into smooth, soft skin.
It is too heavy to use during the day, but after 2 weeks of solid night use I am excited by this budget purchase.
I have used every high end product imaginable, and cannot believe this stuff works better.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by hinny48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this cream as a facial moisturiser for over a year. I was finding other creams that I had used before were irritating my skin, which was becoming more sensitive with age. (72) It appears thick in the jar but smoothes on gently and is soon absorbed into the skin leaving it comfortable and refreshed. I use the Cetaphil gentle cleansing bar immediately before. So now I have a simple, inexpensive daily routine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mosmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have not used this for years. Having issues with dryness near the upper lip area. Very moisturizing.........feels good and comforting....A great "go to" cream. Better than some of the frilly over the top stuff at the department stores.........

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

I've used Cetaphil on and off for years and have recently bought a tube of this for my face. I was on the hunt for a new facial moisturizer and tried a number of samples from Sephora. Although I don't believe $$$ = quality, I wanted to try creams from every price point to see how they worked. Nothing was hydrating enough for my face! When it's windy out, as San Francisco usually is, my face feels very tight and dry. Every cream I tried seemed to give out halfway through the day. Cetaphil's thick and creamy texture kept me feeling hydrated all day! Although it is thick, it never leaves me oily or shiny, and my makeup stays on just fine. I am also eczema-prone, and this hasn't caused any irritation at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by emman95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love love this, now i can honestly say this is my HG moisturizer.

At first i used to use very light consistency lotions that never properly hydrated my skin as i have problematic skin i thought that i do not need to over load my skin with heavy products what i use to clear my skin and fight these blemishes is enough. However, after a while, my skin started to look flaky and dull looking and its when someone recommended this to me and i started using it, my skin never looked better.

despite the heavy consistency of it, it never weight my skin down or feel sticky, i use it under my foundations and even BB creams and i never felt the slightest oily it actually prevent them from getting cacky. It is also wonderful to whom ever dealing with acne and acne medications cuz i know these stuff can over dry the skin, it has no fragrance that may cause irritation.