Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

4.2

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 6/21/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm the kinda girl who on the day wants to spoil herself at the spa will automatically go for the body scrub. Ok, it's not as exciting as a mani/pedi and yeah, it can cost a bit more to get a scrub at the spa, but I love feeling freshly body polished, moisturizing body lotion smoothed on for me and being touchable soft for my man to spoil him a bit, too. :)

Personally, I like salt scrubs, the coarser the better, it makes me feel like it's really getting the job done and no wimpy fine barely there coarseness in a scrub would do the trick for me.

So to get the results at home when I don't have the $$$ or time to go to the spa to get this done, this Flake Away exfoliator is my go to brand for me. It has that coarse salt scrub consistency I love, it melts away with warm water and afterwards the moisturizing components make my skin feel smooth even before you add more lotion afterwards.

Once again, I'm big on reading ingredients and I was happy to see some lovely good for you stuff (peach seed powder, grape seed oil, Shea Butter (big yay from me on that one!), and Sweet almond oil.

I happen to like the scent as well, for me I would describe it as a combo of "clean and girlie" smelling.

In terms of price, it is around $18 at Shoppers Drug Mart, so I can't buy it all the time. Shea butter is more expensive so probably because this product has some good ingredients that's why it costs a bit more. Overall, that's still cheaper than a trip to the spa, when you want to treat yourself!

on 6/20/2013 2:44:00 AM

I've yet to find an S&G product which I can say I really like. I think one of the major issues for me is their signature scent which seems to span most of their range, but which I find quite off-putting. To me it smells musty, like wet clothes that have been left someplace dark to fester. But never one to be put off, I decided to try again and give this a go...

First off, this became known in our house as the body scrub that wouldn't die; no matter how much and how often I used it, it just didn't seem to go down any. I used to go into the bathroom every morning and stare at it accusingly, resenting the fact that it was taking up bathroom space other products could be using. There was even the suggestion that it magically replenished itself during the night, but I think the husband had been watching too much Harry Potter at that point!

Joking aside though, as body scrubs go this is a better-than-average one. The signature scent is still there, but the texture and exfoliating properties are actually pretty good. I tend to use this kind of exfoliator on my arms and legs as I find these are the parts that require it the most, and this did a pretty respectable job of getting rid of my flaky bits.

Application is also easy - take a handful, slap it on, rub it in to exfoliate, then rinse off. The mixture of shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar left my skin feeling lovely and soft, which meant I didn't need to moisturise my skin after use either.

A note of warning - this does leave a residue along with a little pile of grains behind in the bath/shower, meaning the surface under foot can get VERY slippery after use. I think this is due to the oils in the product, which is a good sign that they're not just being washed straight down the drain, but could result in an 'incident' if you're clumsy like me.

I've been using it for over a month now and I absolutely love it. It is quite coarse so I can't use it every day but it made my skin super soft and smooth after just one use. I had to take off a lippy however because unlike everyone else I can't use it before shaving. I'm not sure if I'm not washing the scrub off properly or if it's dry skin but my razor clogs up so fast with this yellow residue that I can't seem to wash out, and I can't shave properly so I'm left with stubble patches or red bumps. I've started exfoliating after shaving instead, which surprisingly works well, but it is still frustrating not being able to exfoliate properly before. Besides that, I'm in love with this product!

on 5/4/2013 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this! I use it once a week to make my skin smooth and it really works. I like how it's quite oily too so it doesn't leave your skin dry afterwards. It smells delicious as the classic Soap and Glory scent. It's good value for money and the packaging is nice as usual. I have no complaints about this!

on 4/23/2013 2:41:00 AM

Love all soap and glory products and this is no exception! It's great for making skin feel smooth and soft and a little goes a long way! I would repurchase but only if the breakfast scrub isn't available as that is my all time favourite!

on 3/22/2013 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loooooove this product so much! I've just used it for the first time and it definitely lives up to the hypes! My skin is so soft and clean and moisturized and i don't need anything more.

on 2/22/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The best exfoliator I have used. Smells amazing has large granules so works great on legs and I also use it in the bikini line area. Leaves my skin really smooth after I wash it off as it has oils in it which my skin soaks up. I love it

on 1/4/2013 9:43:00 PM

oh! Soap & Glory Flake Away, you smell sooo good!
This is a fine scrub, that's a little liquidy. When you open the package you immediately can smell its sweetness. I'm a big fan of Lush's Ocean Salt, but hated always having to mix it and...the cost of it. Flake Away is more reasonable and correct me if I'm wrong, a bigger container. Smells great and leave no residue. My skin feels super soft!

on 11/10/2012 11:10:00 AM

I bought this at a local Sephora store after reading so many good reviews online. Actually, I just wanted to try out a Soap & Glory product because the brand is that good at marketing haha! Anyway, I needed a body scrub and this Body Polish sounded like something that would come in handy.

The tub was more pricey than I expected. 22 bucks is not a small sum for a student with limited daily allowance! However, the container is HUGE and people tell me it lasts a long time because a little goes a long way. The packaging was also such a pretty pink and looking at it just made me feel a little happier inside LOL.

At first whiff, the scent was so strong I felt dismayed, but trust me-it grows on you. Just don't put your nose directly above and inhale like I did hahaha. It smells way better when you're using it and afterwards too!

This product was more exfoliating than my previous scrubs, so it did take some time to get used to. The polish left behind a layer of something-oil?-that I couldn't wash away, so I'm assuming it's meant to moisturise my skin! I didn't feel like putting any lotions after using this because my skin felt hydrated enough. This is a great perk because usually exfoliators make my skin feel more dry than normal.

I'd recommend this product to anyone who's up to try a nice-smelling scrub that does its job. I would re-purchase this again, but hopefully with a discount!

on 11/3/2012 12:09:00 PM

Love this scrub! Leaves me with soft and smooth skin. I use this with exfoliating gloves as this makes my legs even softer. Will definitely be buying this again!

Top Rated Soap & Glory Products