August 28, 2014 | 890 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mountaingem

Grapeseed oil, how do I love thee? This is great as a makeup remover, as many here have said. It is super gentle, soothing...it's almost like a remover and a treatment in one. My acne prone skin has no issues with it, seems be normalizing my oil production,too.

I was using baby oil for my mega waterproof mascara/sunblock removal (which I still keep on standby), but it was making my eyelashes fall out! This actually seems to be making my eyelashes grow longer, and I don't have the eyelashes coming out with the mascara removal anymore. Even my husband noticed the difference when I had no mascara on...I'm sold.

Of course it's not really packaged the best, I buy organic in bulk in the cooking department, then transfer to a smaller bottle.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by amkoch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I rarely write reviews, but since I rely on them as a consumer, I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth. I've never had good skin, as a result of teenage to early 20s acne and sun damage. But for the last 10 years or so, it has been calm and breakout free (except for an occasional mild flare). I have noticed that glycolic acid tended to break me out like crazy, but other than that, things were OK. Then in July I started to have a crazy breakout, begininng with small bumps and clogged pores to cystic, painful acne all over my face and neck. It was killing me. I thought maybe one of my cleansers was the culprit and tried a million things (probably spending over 500 dollars on products). Then I began to think it was inflammatory and a reaction to all of the chemicals in the products I was using and I did some research and came up with the crazy idea to use grapeseed oil. I bought a good sized bottle at wholefoods for about 7 dollars (!!!!) It has been over 2 weeks now and I have to say things have calmed down almost completely (still some work to go!). I added a few drops of tea tree oil and I really think this is helping. I use 2 drops on my face and pat it around. It absorbs quickly and leaves a subtle natural glow. And it seems to be moisturizing just enough. Also, at night I put Argan oil around my eyes and I think this is helping with fine lines. I also scrub with baking soda every other day. Im now so obsessed with natural products that I have thrown away all my expensive bottles and my medicine cabinet is being filled with kitchen products!

ADDENDUM: iT WAS NOT QUITE THE MIRACLE i WAS HOPING FOR, IN FACT i SWITCHED TO SUNFLOWER AND THEN SAFFLOWER OIL (WHICH WAS BETTER). ALL IN ALL, THESE OILS ARE NOT MOISTURIZING ENOUGH (ALTHOUGH GREASY)AND I STILL HAD PRETTY BAD BREAKOUTS. I AM TRYING WELEDA SKIN FOOD FOR A WEEK NOW AND THINGS HAVE IMPROVED EVEN MORE!

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by moniib

I need this oil. NEED it. I started using this oil from big lots, didn't say it was organic, just regular grape seed cooking oil. My hormonal, dry, cystic adult acne skin looked more amazing then it ever had. Grape seed oil cleared my acne and made my skin look young and glowy. I even left it on over night and it would help even more with my acne. Amazing. Then I ran and started experimenting with other oils and ww3 happened on my skin. It was horrible. I even tried going back to drugstore cleansers (yuck) but then I finally bought grape seed oil again and in just two days my skin is way clearer, pores smaller. less irritated and just looks more normal and feels normal. I couldn't believe how much of a different it made. This time I bought an expeller pressed oil from sprouts, and I can tell a difference between the first one that I bought. Definitely opt for the most natural that you can get. I also love grape seed oil because I don't have to spend 10 minutes trying to get all of the oil off of my face cause it doesn't clog my pores. And i think it just feels lighter then other oilsI love love love this oil. I also use it day and night as a eye moisturizer. Maybe difference in my wrinkles and eye bags. Oh grape seed oil, I will never leave you again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- lightweight
- balances oily skin
- absorbs quickly
- high in antioxidants
- provides sun protection

Cons

- expires quickly

Comments: I would never think that an oil could control my...oil. This is fantastic for oily skin. It is now my go-to facial moisturizer. It apparently also helps with stretch marks, but I will have to use this a while longer to see if I get results. I have used this as a heat protectant with no damage to my hair (no my hair didn't turn into fried chicken) and controls frizz better than my silicone-based serums without weighing down my fine hair. Napa Valley Naturals is supposedly the brand to go for when purchasing this oil, but I even like Life-Flo quite a bit and is found at most health stores.

Will repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always used EVOO to oil cleanse my Revlon Colorstay foundation off. IMO, if you use Colorstay foundation, you'll have to remove it w/some kind of oil, otherwise I think it just sits in your pores and causes break-outs.
EVOO worked very well, but it is very greasy and I have to sometimes to a double cleanse w/my regular facewash to remove the EVOO. PLUS, sometimes the smell of EVOO can kinda make you gag.
When my EVOO was gone, I picked up Grapeseed oil based on the good reviews here. I LOVE it!! It removes the Colorstay just as good as EVOO, maybe better, because it's not so slick and it doesn't have any scent. It's more of a "dry" oil, not at all greasy, and it leaves my face skin so soft. I've also started using just a little drop under my eyes every morning/night to help w/the lines, and little across my T-zone to help combat the oily parts. I have not had any break-outs on my face since I started using this. Actually, my face is less oily overall.
I'm going to start mixing a few drops with my regular body lotion to give it a kick for the winter. I will repurchase and I encourage anyone using EVOO to try Grapeseed oil. 5 lippies and I'm never going back to EVOO.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

I have this in unlisted brand , in the form of cooking oil. I read about the benefits of grapeseed oil somewhere some time ago,so when I saw this grapeseed oil in the food section, I thought 'What the heck, let's give it a try'; if it won't work for my face, it'll do good in the salad bowl, so to speak.

At first I really don't know where to put oil-time in my beauty regime, but *lightbulb* 'Cleansing oil!'. So I use this kitchen-y cooking oil as eye makeup cleansing oil. It works perfectly. Then one lazy day I use some drops of this oil and massage it onto my face, and have a warm&wet washcloth to cover my greasy face; let it cool then wipe the leftover oil with clean, warm & wet washcloth.
been suffering from cystic acne, white heads, black heads, milia, hormone acnes during PMS, you name it, even to my late 20-s and until now (i'm 30 btw); i never thought an OIL will put my skin into this state.It never gives me breaks out, just slight shiny look on my forehead -which the solution is a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar + a teaspoon of water; wipe it on and it's done. smooth and supple skin all day without any shine, clogged pore, or whatever my problem were.

I use it twice a day, in the morning before day regime and night before the night regime. and so long bottled-manufactured-commercials-cleansers, i've found the love of my life!

will I buy it again?why NOT?it's dirt cheap, and it works!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using organic grapeseed oil (apparently cosmetic grade) from German brand Primavera for a year now. My skin is dry and sensitive and this is the only thing that heals the occasional hormonal breakout or skin irritation super fast. If my skin is irritated I apply a little bit of this on cleansed, slightly damp skin and simply leave on overnight. In the morning blemishes and breakouts are always substantially soothed and reduced.

I also use this now and then as a cleansing oil in my rotation of skincare oils and products. It's not moisturising enough for my dry skin to use as an everyday moisturiser, but due to its wonderful soothing properties this has become a staple product in my skincare arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rocknride

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love grape seed oil because it is lighter than evoo. I use it along with castor oil for my ocm. It makes a wonderful after shower or bath moisturizer while your skin is still damp. It seems to absorb much faster. I have not tried using it on my face as a moisturizer as I use jojoba oil and it works well for me. I keep a pump bottle by my sink with grape seed oil and a little essential oil to moisturize my hands during the day. One more little bonus is this versatile oil makes an inexpensive personal massage oil. I bought some cosmetic grade essential oil (brown sugar flavor ) and added a few drops as well as a tiny bit of stevia to the grape seed oil..fun stuff!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I have been using high quality food-grade GO on my face and body for about a year now and just love it. Jojoba broke me out and so did EVOO so I was skeptical about another oil. Thankfully this one's a keeper. I use it as cleanser (both with and without castor oil) and as a moisturizer or sealant for my face and body. Good stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bubbybae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pompeian grapeseed oil is what i got. Local grocery store my mom picked it up for me. As of now i use it on my face and back and in my hair.

Ladies did you know you could use this as a heat protector? Yes, but be sure not to apply to much it will be overly soft and just, ugh. Too much product but yeah rub a light amount literally about 2 teaspoons, thats it rub in hands then onto hair proceed to blowdry/flat iron

I am also using it in attempt to clear up some old cutting scars, by it being high in vitamin e ill let you know how that goes.

This oil, honestly a little goes a long way the bottle i have will last me one to two
years. Its ridiculous, very light oil doesnt leave your skin greasy put it on your skin and it literally will dissolve quick. Um no strong scent like olive oil. I give grapeseed oil a 10+ try it, it has many uses the more natural a product the better. Hopefully i will be back to update on the longterm effects of using this oil :) please thumbs up if this was helpful.

tje bottl