April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by moniib

I need this oil. NEED it. I started using this oil from big lots, didn't say it was organic, just regular grape seed cooking oil. My hormonal, dry, cystic adult acne skin looked more amazing then it ever had. Grape seed oil cleared my acne and made my skin look young and glowy. I even left it on over night and it would help even more with my acne. Amazing. Then I ran and started experimenting with other oils and ww3 happened on my skin. It was horrible. I even tried going back to drugstore cleansers (yuck) but then I finally bought grape seed oil again and in just two days my skin is way clearer, pores smaller. less irritated and just looks more normal and feels normal. I couldn't believe how much of a different it made. This time I bought an expeller pressed oil from sprouts, and I can tell a difference between the first one that I bought. Definitely opt for the most natural that you can get. I also love grape seed oil because I don't have to spend 10 minutes trying to get all of the oil off of my face cause it doesn't clog my pores. And i think it just feels lighter then other oilsI love love love this oil. I also use it day and night as a eye moisturizer. Maybe difference in my wrinkles and eye bags. Oh grape seed oil, I will never leave you again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- lightweight
- balances oily skin
- absorbs quickly
- high in antioxidants
- provides sun protection

Cons

- expires quickly

Comments: I would never think that an oil could control my...oil. This is fantastic for oily skin. It is now my go-to facial moisturizer. It apparently also helps with stretch marks, but I will have to use this a while longer to see if I get results. I have used this as a heat protectant with no damage to my hair (no my hair didn't turn into fried chicken) and controls frizz better than my silicone-based serums without weighing down my fine hair. Napa Valley Naturals is supposedly the brand to go for when purchasing this oil, but I even like Life-Flo quite a bit and is found at most health stores.

Will repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always used EVOO to oil cleanse my Revlon Colorstay foundation off. IMO, if you use Colorstay foundation, you'll have to remove it w/some kind of oil, otherwise I think it just sits in your pores and causes break-outs.
EVOO worked very well, but it is very greasy and I have to sometimes to a double cleanse w/my regular facewash to remove the EVOO. PLUS, sometimes the smell of EVOO can kinda make you gag.
When my EVOO was gone, I picked up Grapeseed oil based on the good reviews here. I LOVE it!! It removes the Colorstay just as good as EVOO, maybe better, because it's not so slick and it doesn't have any scent. It's more of a "dry" oil, not at all greasy, and it leaves my face skin so soft. I've also started using just a little drop under my eyes every morning/night to help w/the lines, and little across my T-zone to help combat the oily parts. I have not had any break-outs on my face since I started using this. Actually, my face is less oily overall.
I'm going to start mixing a few drops with my regular body lotion to give it a kick for the winter. I will repurchase and I encourage anyone using EVOO to try Grapeseed oil. 5 lippies and I'm never going back to EVOO.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

I have this in unlisted brand , in the form of cooking oil. I read about the benefits of grapeseed oil somewhere some time ago,so when I saw this grapeseed oil in the food section, I thought 'What the heck, let's give it a try'; if it won't work for my face, it'll do good in the salad bowl, so to speak.

At first I really don't know where to put oil-time in my beauty regime, but *lightbulb* 'Cleansing oil!'. So I use this kitchen-y cooking oil as eye makeup cleansing oil. It works perfectly. Then one lazy day I use some drops of this oil and massage it onto my face, and have a warm&wet washcloth to cover my greasy face; let it cool then wipe the leftover oil with clean, warm & wet washcloth.
been suffering from cystic acne, white heads, black heads, milia, hormone acnes during PMS, you name it, even to my late 20-s and until now (i'm 30 btw); i never thought an OIL will put my skin into this state.It never gives me breaks out, just slight shiny look on my forehead -which the solution is a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar + a teaspoon of water; wipe it on and it's done. smooth and supple skin all day without any shine, clogged pore, or whatever my problem were.

I use it twice a day, in the morning before day regime and night before the night regime. and so long bottled-manufactured-commercials-cleansers, i've found the love of my life!

will I buy it again?why NOT?it's dirt cheap, and it works!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using organic grapeseed oil (apparently cosmetic grade) from German brand Primavera for a year now. My skin is dry and sensitive and this is the only thing that heals the occasional hormonal breakout or skin irritation super fast. If my skin is irritated I apply a little bit of this on cleansed, slightly damp skin and simply leave on overnight. In the morning blemishes and breakouts are always substantially soothed and reduced.

I also use this now and then as a cleansing oil in my rotation of skincare oils and products. It's not moisturising enough for my dry skin to use as an everyday moisturiser, but due to its wonderful soothing properties this has become a staple product in my skincare arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rocknride

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love grape seed oil because it is lighter than evoo. I use it along with castor oil for my ocm. It makes a wonderful after shower or bath moisturizer while your skin is still damp. It seems to absorb much faster. I have not tried using it on my face as a moisturizer as I use jojoba oil and it works well for me. I keep a pump bottle by my sink with grape seed oil and a little essential oil to moisturize my hands during the day. One more little bonus is this versatile oil makes an inexpensive personal massage oil. I bought some cosmetic grade essential oil (brown sugar flavor ) and added a few drops as well as a tiny bit of stevia to the grape seed oil..fun stuff!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I have been using high quality food-grade GO on my face and body for about a year now and just love it. Jojoba broke me out and so did EVOO so I was skeptical about another oil. Thankfully this one's a keeper. I use it as cleanser (both with and without castor oil) and as a moisturizer or sealant for my face and body. Good stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Alis2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

When it comes to skin care I like to keep it simple, so for a while now I have been using different oils on my skin and hair. I have a few favorite oils and this is one of them. Grapeseed oil is quite light, though it may take a few minutes to absorb. I like to use this to remove my makeup/cleanse and moisturise all-over. You only need to apply a few small drops onto a clean and slightly damp face, then massage it in lighly. Apparently this has some astringent properties so it helps to balance your skin and keep it clear. However I also find this quite moisturising. This leaves my skin soft and healthy-looking, plus its affordable and you can use it for a variety of purposes!

I got my grapeseed oil from the cooking oil section. Its light-medium green in color and does not have a noticeable smell. It was affordable and came in a glass bottle. Im not a fan of the packaging, but whatever!

Different oils work for different people, even if two people have the same skin type that doesn't mean that the same products will work for them. A lot of people praise certain oils or products and while I have tried various oils that I liked, I never found something that truly made my skin 'glow' and improved my complexion until now. Grapeseed oil just seems to work for my skin... It moisturisers without clogging my pores and it has made my complexion look a little brighter overall. I guess I'm finally one of those people who has found their HG product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

AH-MAZING!
I was hesitant to use grapeseed oil, because my skin seemed like it needed moisture! Kept going back and forth between jojoba and almond oil, but felt like neither could really penetrate, just sit on top of my skin. Almond oil was great after exfoliating, but in hindsight I see it was just getting me by UNTIL!... I finally went ahead and got grapeseed oil. Again, very iffy! The first time I put it on I was touching my face like "oh my god, this is it!" Sometimes with face routines I go through with it thinking meh meh, I haven't had good skin in awhile so I probably don't know how its supposed to feel. Really, this is so natural, lightweight, it sucks right into the skin, and did I say it feels natural? I think its actually clearing my skin! Just two drops in my hand, rub them together, and lightly *brush* (not rub) throughout the face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought grapeseed oil from Swanson's because I'd heard good things about it. I wasn't really expecting much from it though. I was using it once in awhile as a body oil after my showers & didn't really notice much change. I love the way coconut oil makes my skin feel but it just takes such a long time to absorb. But now that winter weather has arrived, I've started using the grapeseed oil daily after my shower all over my body. I apply it liberally to damp skin and it absorbs quickly. My skin doesn't feel greasy or sticky and there's no noticeable scent. I sometimes use a light layer of body lotion over it if my skin has been feeling especially dry. Using it daily, I have now begun to see improvement in my skin texture & softness. I have hopes this will finally get rid of that awful k.p. on my upper arms. I'll update if I get even better results.

UPDATE: Feb 2011 ... This didn't eliminate my k.p. BUT ... I will always have this wonder oil on hand. It's dirt cheap & the best body oil I've ever used. I didn't realize how much my skin loved it until I skipped applying it after my shower the other day: dry, itchy, dull skin. I use other oils for make-up removal & cleansing but this is my HG body oil.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No