Grapeseed Oil

4.3

grapeseed oil!

My skin is really sensitive and I suffer from clogged pores, clogged pores from hell!!!!
I've been there tried store bought stuff, Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, Retin A, Accutane, you name is I've tried it ended up with extremely dry skin and CLOGGED PORES ;( My sister attained a job at a health foods store, where she cured herself of the same condition... I was in awe of her perfect complexion, I asked her how and she had told me "what works for me may not work for you," We then began our quest to clear my skin, OCM first, with Jojoba oil a bit of Castor oil and a few drops of tea tree oil, and for the first time I could see pores on my face. I still wasn't seeing the results I had hoped for, my skin was still quite congested. Together we did research, discovered that sebum becomes thick and waxy (pore clogging,) when it lacks linoleic acid. I did more research and found that organic, cold pressed grapeseed oil has a massive percentage of linoleic acid, where jojoba oil, coconut oil etc... don't!! I now use grapeseed oil on my face morning and night and my skin is getting so much better, its moist and I have a natural glow :) Hemp seed oil is also very high in linoleic acid, so I assume I would get the same effect, but my skin loves grapeseed oil so why would I mess with that. for my body I use a mixture of jojoba oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil. I can honestly say "stay away from harsh chemicals, they will make your face a mess, the simple natural solution is what your body craves". I take a tablespoon grapeseed oil orally as well, along with silica gel and coconut oil and so far so good, nails, hair and skin all look amazing :) worked at first now I truthfully believe It made my face worse, I'm having a break out from hell!!! WARNING. Okay now that's done. I'm now using Hempseed oil, cold pressed of course, Grapeseed oil has a comedogenic rating of 2 so if your like me and already have clogged pores this stuff isn't going to help... Hempseed oil has linoleic acid at 57% and a comedogenic rating of 0 so in other words IT CANT CLOG PORES :) So sorry If I was the cause of your latest break out. try hempseed oil, it's a miracle moisturizer for acne prone skin, I've been washing with a natural Acne free bar of soap, suppose to really help and hey it makes my skin feel nice, using tea tree oil on my WHOLE FACE, crazy right I know, what can I say taking out the big guns, going on a bacteria killing spree. Now tea tree oil is super drying so I put hempseed oil over of it and what do you know my face isn't falling apart. Happy science experiments everyone ;)

on 5/17/2014 2:30:00 PM

Excellent eye makeup remover and leaves just enough moisture behind that I don't need an eye cream before bed. Cheaper if you buy it in the food section rather than the skin care aisle.

on 5/8/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't use grapeseed oil on my face because it irritates my eyes, but I wanted to use up my bottle so I started putting it on my belly. Over the weeks I've been applying it twice per day I've seen a huge improvement in my stretch marks. It's not a miracle cure, they're not totally gone but they're much less noticeable. I also mix in Almond oil (high in vitamin E). I'll probably add rosehip oil to the mix as well.

on 4/21/2014 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm so glad I know about this (thanks to MUA of course) because it's basically impossible to find a cleanser that takes off makeup AnD physical ss AND cleanses your face that doesn't strip skin or have potential pore clogging ingredients (or both) and a fake cloying smell.
I picked up grapeseed oil intending to use it for oil cleansing, which i attempted several times but never got into; 1. After reading all the reviews that say "oil cleansing made my skin amazing for 2 months and then I got the worst cystic acne of my life" I was super leery
2. It's pretty complicated -at least to me- I thought I followed the steps but nothing exciting ever happened plus I was going thru way too many washcloths and making a big mess at the sink; oh and then I'd get worried and wash my fAce with sonething crazy just in case. So yeah, no ocm or oc for me. Then I was using baby wipes to remove makeup etc but I ran out. So finally one night I just put grapeseed oil on a cotton round and used a couple of those until they came away clean and tada! Takes 2 min, no scrubbing and then I can wash my face with honey or oatmeal or a random bar of soap and not stress out about it not performing well enough. And my skin feels soft and happy. The end.

on 4/21/2014 10:51:00 PM

I have combination skin that is prone to acne. And though it might seem counterintuitive to put oil on a already-oily-and-acneful skin, the grapeseed oil does not cause me to breakout. I usually use this to remove the sunblock and/or makeup, even my eye makeup. It is doing a very good job- without all the artificial chemicals found in makeup removers.. I just use the grapeseed oil that everyone can find in their kitchen. Organic oil is of course the best choice but I use a regular one without a problem =)

How I do it:
1. Dampen a thick unbleached cotton pad
2. Pour about a coin size of oil on it but don't drench it!
3. Gently wipe away. I usually let the cotton pad sit on the eye for half a min before removing the makeup

Extra tip:
For those days which I have extra dry skin, I add 2 drops of olive oil (also found in kitchen) and this moisturized my skin. Also, the reason for dampening the cotton pad is so that it would "glide" and not pull on the skin. For people with sensitive skin, dampen the pad with more water. I know as I happen to have thin skin after years of acne treatment..

for the last 10 years or so, it has been calm and breakout free (except for an occasional mild flare). I have noticed that glycolic acid tended to break me out like crazy, but other than that, things were OK. Then in July I started to have a crazy breakout, begininng with small bumps and clogged pores to cystic, painful acne all over my face and neck. It was killing me. I thought maybe one of my cleansers was the culprit and tried a million things (probably spending over 500 dollars on products). Then I began to think it was inflammatory and a reaction to all of the chemicals in the products I was using and I did some research and came up with the crazy idea to use grapeseed oil. I bought a good sized bottle at wholefoods for about 7 dollars (!!!!) It has been over 2 weeks now and I have to say things have calmed down almost completely (still some work to go!). I added a few drops of tea tree oil and I really think this is helping. I use 2 drops on my face and pat it around. It absorbs quickly and leaves a subtle natural glow. And it seems to be moisturizing just enough. Also, at night I put Argan oil around my eyes and I think this is helping with fine lines. I also scrub with baking soda every other day. Im now so obsessed with natural products that I have thrown away all my expensive bottles and my medicine cabinet is being filled with kitchen products!

on 3/15/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I used to use jojoba oil and olive oil prior to grapeseed oil but though my skin was extremely dry, both felt heavy. I noticed that though I liked the jojoba, it took a ridiculously long time to sink into my skin. Grapeseed oil, however, is heavy enough to cover my dry skin in one pass but light enough to sink in quickly.

I use it under foundation and alone. My skin is gorgeous as a result.

on 3/13/2014 10:40:00 PM

Bought this for OCM. Was using olive oil prior to this and it was clogging my pores. This did not. But it did not feel as cleansing as olive oil so i stopped and pushed it inside my idle-products cabinet. Having a really bad breakout now ( about 20 pimples on my U-zone and extreme redness/inflammation) which was made more painful after using vichy's hyluspot treatment. Using this with cetaphil moisturiser has calmed my skin a bit. Not visibly but pain-wise. Thank God for this.

on 3/8/2014 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Grapeseed oil is perfect for my oily, acne-prone skin. I use it after work and before I workout at night to remove all makeup. I wet my face, gently rub the scentless oil on my skin and eyes, and then remove with a damp washcloth. It's much more environmentally friendly than a disposable makeup wipe that will clog landfills and leaves my skin refreshed, clean, SOFT AS HELL, and clear of any makeup. I put on a dab of moisturizer and I'm ready for my workout. I paid $6 for a bottle and it has lasted me months already.

on 2/22/2014 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have had super oily skin since I was a teenager. I went through all the acne etc and it really depressed me. I wear makeup every day and I was looking for a gentle makeup remover. I'm 50 now and my skin is still oily. I used to have to wash my face and wipe over with a hot muslin cloth to remove the first layer of sebum and makeup. Yuk! It sounds awful but there you go. I would then pat my skin dry and use an oil free skin cleanser AND then finished with an oil free toner. What a palaver! Well, my makeup removing world has since been transformed since I started using grape seed oil as a cleanser. I put a thin layer all over my face and then brush my teeth. Then taking one of my trusty hot muslin cloths I wipe pretty much everything off! Yes, it miraculous to say the least. I just pat my skin dry and wipe over with my oil free alcohol free toner (rose water) and I'm done. Immaculately clean skin.
I have tried other oils such as castor, coconut and extra virgin olive oil but they are just so heavy in consistency and made my skin oilier! Grape seed has such a light consistency and is so easy to remove that I'm sticking with it.

Popular Face Skincare Products