April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The lone voice of dissent here... I ordered Katie from Sephora sight unseen after taking a gamble on Tremble and loving it. I'm pretty fair (NW15) and Katie did absolutely nothing for me. I felt like it made me look washed out and sickly, and the finish was too powdery. I ended up exchanging it for Dior Rosy Glow, which is more what I'd been looking for. It's not a terrible product, just definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

I really like Illamasqua Katie so far! I have been looking for a light cool pink for a long time. I didnt really see what seemed so great about this color, and didnt think I would like the fact that it was matte. But I finally tried it on at Sephora, and bought it. Its a perfect light baby pink. The color payoff is good. Really just need a swipe or 2 and you get the full effect of the color. I've tried similar colors before and seemed like they needed to be layered like 5 times because they were sheer or not so pigmented. This blush also randomly kinda smells good. The texture is also nice, kind of goes on in a creamy looking way. So all in all Im very happy with this blush. I also bought Lorac baked blush in flaunt to layer over which can add some shimmer and a slight bit more pink. I am glad to say that I can stop obssessively searching for a light cool pink!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by YoshiAna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite blusher; I've tried MAC - Well Dressed and wasn't happy with the shimmer in it. This blusher is a bit lighter in colour and is matte which I really like about it. The undertone isn't blue like the MAC - Well Dressed blusher and fits my fair skin much better. This blusher is also extremely pigmented and if too much is applied, it tends to look a bit unnatural so only one, light layer is necessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

This looks freakishly pale in the pan--so pale, in fact, that despite that I'm somewhat pale myself (nw20), I'd probably pass it on by if not for frequent referrals from the makeup board. I swatched katie, chased, and hussy, several times at sephora before finally just hurrying on out with katie, sick to death with myself and the incessant indecision...I'm pleased to say that katie is exactly what is I looking for: a bright pink flush on cheeks, without looking overly "done" or obvious, easy to apply with a skunk brush (I've been using an SK duo fibre knock off of the MAC 187.) love katie so much I think she may become my HG...I'll let you know if she does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is a pretty cool baby pink. I'm half asian NC 20/25. I was worried that this wouldn't show on me. It does, but it's subtle and baby doll like. This blush has pretty good pigmentation, and has a nice fine texture. I don't find it powdery as some people on the makeup board have found. I like this a lot. I have too many blushes to run out of this anytime within the next couple of years (especially since you only need a single swipe with this), but I'd definitely consider buying this again.

EDIT: I just don't find myself reaching for this very often. I'm pretty warm toned and I think this would be better with someone fairer and more cool toned than me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by reaperangelique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cool enough to be unnatural and doll-like even on my very pale, cooler skin, which is exactly what I was hoping for. It's light, but it's bright and pigmented- a little goes a very long way. The matte finish is a particularly nice change from similar shades that tend to have shimmer. The packaging is nicely designed and I like that the blush pan is held up at an angle when the compact is opened fully and set on a flat surface, but it is quite lightweight. It wore without anything underneath for several hours, no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by catsaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful baby pink blush, perfect for pale skin with redness, as most blushes look too harsh on my skin and make me look like I've been sitting in a hot car.
Katie and Pink Cult are my everyday blushes, definitely get this if you're fair with reddish skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this blush. It is one of the only illamasqua products i'd without a doubt buy again, even at $40 a pop in Australia.

I am NW15-20 and this looks like the most innocent doll colour on me. love it.

It also seems to highlight my face. I use it without bronzer for a really bright carefree look. People comment when I'm wearing it that I look "Peaches and Cream"

It is very loosely packed down though as a pressed blush, and product is easily wasted if you more than tap your brush into it. I always end up blowing away the loosened blush dust to keep my MU drawers clean.

I'd give this 10 lipsticks if i could. My favorite blush, replacing springsheen as my easy no fuss perfect blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't rave enough about Illamasqua Katie. It is a matte, pale, cool, milky pastel pink. So often, pastel blushes are chalky or invisible. Katie isn't. It's pigmented, it's easily layered; the effect is hard to describe: not too doll-like, not too candyish... more springlike and flowery. (I write horrible copy. The point is... it's pink, but it's not tawdry. It's ethereal. Better?) It has excellent wear and stays true to color, which makes it a good value. If you have porcelain skin, you owe it to yourself to give Katie a try. I don't love the packaging--it's a little bulky while being plain. You also have to be aware that the powder is really dusty. The powder issue has started to really get under my skin, and I'm not sure that I'd repurchase. I'm definitely looking for the same lovely color in a better formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by juliemitc

So I bought into the hype and bought this during the Sephora FF sale. I agree with other reviewers that it works very well for my NW10 skin and rosacea. This and my Trish McEvoy Perfect1 are my go to blushes that really make my cheeks have a nice glow, despite the fact that they are matte.

For me the packaging isn't the worst, from the reviews I thought it would be hard to open and super thick. It isn't hard to open and it doesn't break my nails or anything.