September 16, 2014 | 1528 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ethereal. That is how I describe this blush. I am fair, with dark brown hair, and blue eyes. If you have that combination BUY THIS BLUSH. The heavens will kiss you, and leave you with perfect pale pink cheeks. I imagine if you were blonde with fair skin and light eyes it would have the same effect. It is very pigmented so it will last you a long time. The packaging is awkward, but it seems study enough. Score!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I am new to this blush. Have used this a couple of times and for reference I am NC15. I really like this blush and worse of all, I cant find a valid reason why. Maybe its bcos its a cheerful to look at color and you could pile it on like a no brainer. LOL Color wise, I wont recommend this shade to anybody above Mac NC15. I even find this shade light on my coloring and cant imagine anybody darker than me wearing this. I mean this is my 2 cents. someone could disagree. PIgmentation wise it is quite pigmented. Doesnt look chalky on me even as I layered it. I really piled up quite a bit of blush cos the color is light but i dun find it chalky. Lasting power? I dun find it anything special. Will I buy it again? I am not sure. But i guess I will give light shade blush like Benefit Dandelion a miss. I see not much of a color with this shade, I cant imagine dandelion with less pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looooooove this blush. I've heard so many great things about Illamasqua blushes and decided to give Katie a try, seeing as how I'm a) mega pale and b) a HUGE fan of matte blushes. This definitely didn't disappoint! It's a little powdery, but it feels like a dream when applied. This does seem like a color that is better suited for lighter skin-tones, as it may look ashy on darker skin, but for me, it's a lovely soft pink color. One negative is the packaging... it's bulky and made of a cheap-feeling plastic, however, that wouldn't deter me from buying from Illamasqua again. This is worth the hype :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by pinklover92

Very doll-like baby pink blusher. I love how it is so pigmented, but it can be very powdery at times. I love the color, which reminds me of Japanese makeup (gyaru). I would highly recommend if you have fair skin (Don't go past NC30) or it will look too ashy. It doesn't have the best staying power, so think before you use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The lone voice of dissent here... I ordered Katie from Sephora sight unseen after taking a gamble on Tremble and loving it. I'm pretty fair (NW15) and Katie did absolutely nothing for me. I felt like it made me look washed out and sickly, and the finish was too powdery. I ended up exchanging it for Dior Rosy Glow, which is more what I'd been looking for. It's not a terrible product, just definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

I really like Illamasqua Katie so far! I have been looking for a light cool pink for a long time. I didnt really see what seemed so great about this color, and didnt think I would like the fact that it was matte. But I finally tried it on at Sephora, and bought it. Its a perfect light baby pink. The color payoff is good. Really just need a swipe or 2 and you get the full effect of the color. I've tried similar colors before and seemed like they needed to be layered like 5 times because they were sheer or not so pigmented. This blush also randomly kinda smells good. The texture is also nice, kind of goes on in a creamy looking way. So all in all Im very happy with this blush. I also bought Lorac baked blush in flaunt to layer over which can add some shimmer and a slight bit more pink. I am glad to say that I can stop obssessively searching for a light cool pink!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by YoshiAna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite blusher; I've tried MAC - Well Dressed and wasn't happy with the shimmer in it. This blusher is a bit lighter in colour and is matte which I really like about it. The undertone isn't blue like the MAC - Well Dressed blusher and fits my fair skin much better. This blusher is also extremely pigmented and if too much is applied, it tends to look a bit unnatural so only one, light layer is necessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

This looks freakishly pale in the pan--so pale, in fact, that despite that I'm somewhat pale myself (nw20), I'd probably pass it on by if not for frequent referrals from the makeup board. I swatched katie, chased, and hussy, several times at sephora before finally just hurrying on out with katie, sick to death with myself and the incessant indecision...I'm pleased to say that katie is exactly what is I looking for: a bright pink flush on cheeks, without looking overly "done" or obvious, easy to apply with a skunk brush (I've been using an SK duo fibre knock off of the MAC 187.) love katie so much I think she may become my HG...I'll let you know if she does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

This is a pretty cool baby pink. I'm half asian NC 20/25. I was worried that this wouldn't show on me. It does, but it's subtle and baby doll like. This blush has pretty good pigmentation, and has a nice fine texture. I don't find it powdery as some people on the makeup board have found. I like this a lot. I have too many blushes to run out of this anytime within the next couple of years (especially since you only need a single swipe with this), but I'd definitely consider buying this again.

EDIT: I just don't find myself reaching for this very often. I'm pretty warm toned and I think this would be better with someone fairer and more cool toned than me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by reaperangelique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cool enough to be unnatural and doll-like even on my very pale, cooler skin, which is exactly what I was hoping for. It's light, but it's bright and pigmented- a little goes a very long way. The matte finish is a particularly nice change from similar shades that tend to have shimmer. The packaging is nicely designed and I like that the blush pan is held up at an angle when the compact is opened fully and set on a flat surface, but it is quite lightweight. It wore without anything underneath for several hours, no problems.