July 28, 2014 | 1313 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Wow! I am very impressed with Stickey! I last did my nails five days ago, and my manicure is wearing like iron- no chips, with only minor tip wear. I didn't even do a sandwich, just one coat of sticky over top of my treatment, then two regular coats polish, and a topcoat. I hate to say it, but this stuff is better than Orly Bonder. The only gripe I have with this product is that it's tinted quite green, and the green shows through on really pale clearish/jelly type polishes. If the product were clear, it would be perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetowl

Great product!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There was one nail salon that everyone was recently raving about that "there was no chips for weeks afterward". After trying it myself, and of course playing close attention...this product is the major game changer for all women who get manis/pedis! OOOH I am telling you this base coat is the bomb and keeps your polish chip free for weeks. It makes a huge difference. So I quickly picked up a bottle and literally do not need touch ups til there is outgrowth. How amazing is that? Best base Coat Product on the market IMHO, Stickey by Creative Nail Design rocks!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by DangerRicefield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really like Stickey, my nail polish doesn't chip, I have very minimal tip wear and it really anchors the polish! I'm about to buy my third bottle but this does come with two drawbacks:

Firstly, it has stained my nails green! This isn't too much of a problem as I wear opaque nail polishes on a daily basis but anytime I want to let my nails breathe, it's not exactly a welcome sight. Maybe this one's on me for how often I wear nail polish but I've seen a couple of other reviewers mention it too. I'm willing to overlook this because of just how well the formula performs and a little buffing usually removes the residue anyhow.

Secondly, it does get a little thick the more you use it. I don't think it interferes any but it might just be a little annoying. Even though it kind of goes on a little goopy at that point, it still dries down very quickly and thin. I've tried adding a few drops of thinner to the bottle but it still gets thick.

I'm not sure if I'd call this my HG base coat because of those two things but it's pretty close! Definitely worth it if you don't mind it, which I don't, but just something to be warned about as I definitely wasn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really loving Stickey! My previous HG was Orly's Bonder, which worked great but stained my nails orange. Stickey is the same kind of rubberized base coat and wears long and well. I see little wear beyond tip wear and chips are almost entirely a thing of the past. Plus, no staining. I couldn't ask for more and would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by windlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this on a recommendation from the SA (who in hindsight I think would have recommended anything to make a sale) and was extremely unimpressed. It does nothing to make my polish last longer. Have tried all kinds of brands (OPI, Essie, Chanel, American Apparel, China Glaze, etc) along with Seche Vite top coat and get chips the next day. I will say my nails usually chip after 1-2 days, but this product did nothing for them

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I read lots of reviews on makeupalley and heard great things from friends, and I finally decided to try this and now its a HG product. WOOO hoo! Really helps my nail polish stay on (especially when combined with seche vite top coat).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

Wow Stickey, where have you been this entire time? This has really lived up to my expectations. The formula has been great and one thin coat under keeps my manicure lasting up to a week. Which in my history, is a pretty long running time. I really like the brush and I wish I had more bottles shaped liked the CND kind. The only major drawback I've encountered is I have a lot more untried nail polishes, since I don't feel the need to change up my chipped manicure so much. My bff's mom would always say to me, "Your nails are jewels not tools". However it's the real world, so let's face it, you might use your nails as tools if necessary. Thankfully Stickey helps keep them still look like jewels.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I generally don't use a base coat, because I've found that they make my nails chip faster. This stuff is amazing. I'm a nail polish peeler, this kept the color adhered to my nail even after I peeled the top coat off. It also is great at protecting from staining on my nails. After buying this, I won't ever forget to use a base coat again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This does not make my nailpolish last longer on the nails, I think that it maybe even makes them chip faster? I used this with different brands from cheap drugstore nailpolishes to higher-end brands such as Chanel and OPI but everytime my nailpolish chips in two days and I can peel the rest off my nail including this basecoat. It does prevent my nails from staining but so does every other basecoat, I would not waste your money on this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No