MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 8/4/2014 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My brides love this colour! Great by itself or moved with a matte colour to make more wearable. Looks amazing with matte peaches!
Already have a back up!

on 8/3/2014 9:21:00 PM

I finally got it!! A beautiful pinky plum lipstick in MAC's lustre formula. I think I am thinking Fall already because this is a little more dark than I wear on an everyday basis. I tried it on when I got home and I loooove the neutral-yet-noticable aspect of the lipstick. It's a little but mlbb but it is SO MUCH BETTER! When I talked to the associate at MAC they said it's a color that truly looks good on everyone. I like to mute my lips out before I apply lipstick and this one looks very pink when I do that. If I wear it on my natural lipcolor its a little more plummy. I think this one will definitely get a lot of use coming up!!

My HG lipstick. It is a beautiful pink-plum colour, good color payoff. Not always long lasting when eating and drinking, but easily able to be applied. At first, it seemed to dry out my lips a lot, which I found odd and disappointing for a Lustre lipstick, but I found with use, it doesn't dry my lips out anymore. It looks good with all eye makeup looks, and is a perfect every day colour, for me, it is a 'your lips but better' shade.

on 6/29/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lipstick is excellent! A pretty slightly shimmery pink with a slightly plummy tinge. I think it's lovely because it is not only beautiful, but also very comfortable. I like the smell which is a vanilla scent that is typical to MAC lipsticks. I can imagine that I will be using every bit of this lipstick.

on 6/18/2014 8:16:00 PM

This is the most gorgeous lipstick ever. Definitely a HG product for me from the first use... Beautiful color, super creamy, just amazing. Perfect natural pink without being "nude"

on 5/29/2014 2:03:00 PM

This is one of my holy grail lipsticks. It's a beautiful pinky plum color (in my opinion, this is a universally flattering shade) that is my go-to for work or when I want a MLBB shade.
It works with pretty much any makeup look. The formula can be slightly drying, so I always wear with a lip balm underneath. It's a lustre finish and has the typical MAC vanilla scent. I think everyone should have this shade in their collection.

on 4/24/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is my all-time favourite lipstick for daytime. It is the most beautiful colour - subtle yet striking at the same time. I love the texture of the lipstick, I find it to be very moisturizing. I'm just in love with it - nothing more needs to be said.

on 4/21/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The color of this is kind of hard to describe, and I believe it will also change depending on the color of your lips. My lips are medium pigmented, a corally (i like to call it strawberry pink) neutral color. On me this shows up quite sheer, unfortunately. It gives my lips that MLBB pinkish berry color. However, I still love this color. With a bit of foundation on my lips first the true color of the lipstick shows up, a medium-coverage neutral berry pink. Definitely a nice one that goes with everything.

on 4/7/2014 11:54:00 AM

For me NW25 Lite/Medium skin is a MLBB color. Some see this as pink on their skin but I get more of a Mauve tone. With the luster it's shearer than the mattes and give a hint of color. Perfect for the understated look or the look with heavier eye and cheek color makeup. This almost borders on what really a nude should be matching your lips not the buff pale skin tone color that most people say is a nude. If you are looking for a saturated color, skip this one and head for one of the MAC mattes. But if you are looking for a simple shimmer of color natural that can go from business day to out at night (for an understated lip) This is one to try. There is a web site that does sell matte samples at a reasonable price before you make the $15 jump. Take a look at my other MAC reviews for the web site!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this lipstick while on vacation in December. I had been contemplating purchasing Syrup for a long time but I never got a chance to see it person until then. First, the color. Syrup is a mauve-tone pink in the tube. It looks like it might have the tiniest bit of extremely fine milled shimmers but nothing that is visibly or physically noticeable on the lips. Syrup is a lustre formula which is one of my personal favorites. It gives a nice wash of color (more than say a glaze finish) but it isn't full coverage. As with being a lustre, it is very comfortable on the lips and gives a slight sheen but not too glossy.
This is my go-to HG lipstick at this point. I find when I don't know what lipstick to wear, I always gravitate towards this one as it is a MLBB shade that adds a hit of color and pulls my looks together. It really is a beautiful color that I think doesn't get the attention it deserves. Next time you are in a MAC store or counter I would really recommend you swatch this shade or try it on. You might just find a new lipstick you love.

Popular Lipsticks