December 22, 2014 | 1366 users online

Fragrances - Juicy Couture - couture couture 2009 perfume

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wore this to work yesterday and got a few compliments. I used both the body lotion and a spritz of the perfume. I would describe this one as soft, feminine, clean, and slightly sweet. I couldn't quite place what I was smelling when I put this one so I checked the Sephora website. Pink grape accord, mandarin, plum, honeysuckle are the notes mentioned. You would think this one would be really fruity but it's not thanks to the inclusion of vanilla and sandalwood. This is a nice blend of sweet and fruity elements. A keeper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought the solid perfume back in the winter of 2010. It was sold as a bracelet and charm locket about a year ago. I didn't love the scent until I put it on, it's my favorite out of the juicy couture line. It's not as sweet as Viva la Juicy, and it's not as light. I fell in LOVE, and it loved me too. When I wear it I feel that it gives of the right amount of musk, and I'm personally have particular about musk. This was the ONLY scent I've worn I've got compliments on a daily basis. I have to put a lot of time and effort looking for perfumes that match my body chemistry. I wasn't a big perfume collector but when I got the solid perfume I liked the scent so much I decided to buy it. I purchased Viva la Juicy online thinking it was the same scent.

So, I've never tried the EDP for this perfume but the solid perfume was AMAZING, I think that I would purchase the EDP eventually.

I'm 21, and a college student. I think this is suitable for women who don't want to come off as boring or safe but mature and fun at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by babygirl331155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite perfumes ever. It smells so good and it is great for young women in college it's a mature perfume to wear.I love it so much i had to get a back up of it and still haven't finished the first! It wears all day and sometimes even unto the next day!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by sandzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful smelling perfume. Got this as a gift and ever since has become one of my favourite perfumes of all time. It makes me feel so sophisticated!! Has a very distinctive sweet scent, can honestly say have never smelt anything quite like it.The staying power is amazing!! Going to repurchase as soon as i run out. LOVE this perfume!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by DollyMac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love their body lotion!
smells & lasts long,
but havent tried the perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was fragrance was sent to me in error from a lovely swapper. I anticipated receiving the original JC which is one of my favs & when this arrived instead.... darn I was disappointed....until of course that dry down! I spritzed in the air & was kind of appalled at first. Then I was curious well what does that sweet smell like on me....hmmm interesting. Not a fan of that initial spritz, but when it dried it smelled what warm? A warm & snuggly! Whooweee that was exciting & sure changed my snooty thought that it was cheap & smelled the same. What a pleasant surprise, glad my fragranced gawd stepped in & showed me the light!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SoulofDestiny

This perfume is okay. It's not bad, but it does smell old-lady like. Spend your money on a better perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MarJoh97

I really liked this perfume. It's also a very cute bottle. The norweigan price is a bit expensiv. I would deffinity buy this product again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wish there was a "maybe" option for re-purchasing, because that's what I would have picked in this case. This was given to me as a gift, and although it's different from the sort of perfumes I usually pick out for myself, I enjoy it. When I first tried it on, I realized it reminded me of something, and this morning I put my finger on what it is. When I was little, I had a Barbie doll (actually, it was one of Barbie's friends, Whitney) that came with a blue plastic locket full of solid perfume. This fragrance is identical to my memory of that scent. It's hard to describe the smell, because I don't find that Couture Couture smells like anything other than perfume. You know how some fragrances smell like caramel, or like vanilla, or they might be described as "floral" or "powdery" or whatever... this just smells perfume-y. All I can say for sure is that I find it pleasant, and compared to my usual picks (I tend to like strong scents with candy-sweet notes), it's quite soft. Or rather, it starts off strong, but settles down quite quickly. I wouldn't call it long-lasting, as to me, that implies that the scent is fairly strong for a good while, but very faint traces of it do linger. The ostentatious packaging is over the top for me, but I think it succeeds in hitting the mark that Betsey Johnson's eponymous fragrance was aiming for. I just wish the little zipper charm thing was anchored somehow, so it wouldn't come flying off every time I uncap the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by luckystar718

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Is it possible to develop Stockholm Syndrome for a perfume? Yes, I say.

A college roommate acquired a 3.4 ounce bottle of this, from a male acquaintance I believe, and alternated between this and Warm Vanilla Sugar as her daily frag. I've never been a Juicy fan, so on name alone I groaned at the thought of the perfume, and whenever she sprayed it my nose wretched in horror. Fake grape! My most hated artificial fruit flavor! What a terrible perfume to share a room with!

Then an hour later, something magical always happened. Those icky grape notes dissipated, and the scent of vanilla and sandalwood permeated the air. It did remind me of something my grandmother might own or wear, but in a good, classy sort of way, not a Youth-Dew-Overkill way. My grandma doesn't do Estee frags.

Today I too have a 3.4 ounce bottle of Couture Couture on my dresser. I think the grape lingers on my skin longer than it did on my roommate, but otherwise it is magic. Or maybe that's what my nose has been conditioned into believing, Stockholm Syndrome style.