Shu Uemura Brow Pencil

4.6

hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera/candelilla wax, carnauba/carnauba wax, rhus succedanea/rhus succedanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernal oil, [ /-may contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499/iron oxides, CI 77891/titanium dioxide]

on 10/21/2010 4:58:00 AM

I've never knew what to do with my eyebrows. Tried many different brands like Shiseido, Dior, Mac and Estee Lauder, but it always turns out too reddish brown or too fierce.

This was perfect though. I'm Asian and i bought this in seal brown as recommended by the makeup artiste and it was so natural! No matter how hard i seem to draw, it still looked natural and well groomed. A definite repurchase!

on 10/17/2010 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! It makes my brow look so natural. Even my mother is convinced with this product that she is also using it!

I always tend to overdraw my brows - making me look fierce and my brows looking fake. This is perfect for me as I am able to handle and draw the line without "overdrawing"! The color is gorgeous too - blends in perfectly with my medium brown hair. A lot of eyebrow pencils is either too light or too dark for me. This color is perfect. Both my mom and myself is using seal brown. The color stays on really long. I work for more than 12 hours a day, and when I come back home, my eyebrows still looks good! absolutely in love with this product!

on 10/9/2010 1:18:00 PM

I just HAD to get this product!!!! since it had so many great reviews, i knew this was gong to be my HG eyebrow pencil. I am BIG and i mean BIG on perfect brows! this product was wayyy toooo harddd!!!! like other users, i tried to see how it looked on the back of my hand and i literally almost cut myself trying to get the product to come on. when i finally decided to see how it looked on my brow, it applied horribly! my brows arent of full shape so i like to draw outside of my brow hairline to get that arch i want. they def went lying when they said that it only adheres to you brow hair bc if your like me and like to draw a little bit outside the box- you can just forget it!!! i think this pencil is perfect for beginners because it def wont smudge!! i was using it at first to just fill in the middle of my brows, but then i lost it! :(

on 10/6/2010 10:34:00 PM

I have very ashy light brown hair, the kind that was blonde in youth and changed after puberty, and I've always highlighted it blonde. My brows are thin and sparse, so I need to pencil them in. Pencils like MAC Fling or Dior Ash or Anastasia Medium Ash worked great with the warmer gold of my highlights. Recently, though, I decided to return to my natural ashy color, which is so cool it's almost a cross between gunmetal grey and olive drab. It's not a color anyone would choose to dye her hair, but it complements my olive skin like nothing else. My taupe pencils look far too warm for it. Enter SU Hard 9 Stone Grey (or is it Gray?). OMG, this is the color I need to wear for the rest of my life. I've called other colors holy grails b/c they matched my highlights, but this color matches my natural hair, my skin, my tone, everything. It's my holiest of eyebrow grails. If you apply moisturizer and/or sunscreen over your brow area, it WILL show up on bare skin (that bit about it only being released by your brow hairs' oils is a bit overblown), but it's never too saturated or overdone. I can see it working for both fair-haired and dark-haired people, because if you have dark hair it mimics the shadow cast by a thicker brow, which is the illusion you want to create; if you have lighter hair, it fills in sparse areas while looking entirely natural. The only people who might want to steer clear are redheads. If, on the other hand, you have ashy tones and have wondered if there's any pencil on the market, save a good old Dixon Ticonderoga #2, that would match your brows, please try this one. You can find it at the Shu Uemura site.

on 9/2/2010 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's quite suitable for beginner. Cuz it's easy to control. It has many choices. I bought hard 9 acom 06. The color is really natural and beautiful.

on 7/26/2010 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Superb eyebrow pencil. Seal Brown Hard Formula suits my asian eye brows best. Very natural dark black brown colour. Although it's quite a hassle to bring it down to the counter to shave it into the ultra sharp 'dagger' edge, it's well worth the trouble because it fills in my eye brows so naturally. I also have Acorn, which is a little more brownish as compared with Seal Brown, which has more black undertones. It doesn't draw very well on our hands because of the lack of skin oils but it should be fine on one's face since it tends to be oilier, except really really dry skin. Also, although it's quite an expensive pencil but it lasts for ages and hence is really worth every cent. Lasts a whole day without any need for re-drawing. I highly recommend this product. It's the only one I use and the only one I'll ever use.

I cannot live without this product - seal brown - perfect. LOVE IT !

on 7/3/2010 4:07:00 PM

Finally, my search for the perfect brow pencil has ended. This pencil rocks!!! I have this in seal brown and it makes my eyebrows look perfect but so natural. I'm asian with blackish/dark brown hair and seal brown doesn't look red on me at all. I can't believe how great my eyebrows look, and it's so easy to apply, the colour just kind of melts in.

I can't believe I didn't find this sooner. HG HG HG!!!

on 6/30/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have literally tried EVER brow product on the market, as long as it had good reviews. Pencils, gels, shadows, markers, EVERYTHING. High end, low end, not even meant for brows. I was constantly left disappointed. At one point in my brow quest, I found a pencil that left me semi-satisfied, mostly because the color was so perfect (not so much the application and staying power). That was Maybelline's twin brows in charcoal grey. Of course it was discontinued...but I found them on Ebay and was happy again. Enter Shu Umera's Hard Formula H9 brow pencil in Stone Gray (which I ordered from beauty.com I believe)....OMG HG HG HG HG!! Never again have I looked for even something I think might be better because I know there will never be another brow product to perform better. The color is PERFECT....not too much green, orange, red, etc. but PERFECT. The staying power is phenomonal and unprecendented. Ease of application, perfect perfect perfect. I love this so much I may just order a lifetime amount and freeze them so I never have to worry about discontinuation. And that wouldn't take so many cause these pencils last forever, even with daily use.

on 5/11/2010 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

FYI: Shu Uemura is packing up its beauty products and leaving the United States! LíOreal says itís pulling Shu from America to concentrate on larger brands in its portfolio. The products will still be available online but no longer in the stores. i went to Neimans, Barney's and nordstroms and they were all sold out of this and said they were pulling the line probably by july 2010.

Popular Brows Products