September 2, 2014 | 1010 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Dakotaf13

After rejecting this color at the MAC counter, I returned the next day after continually admiring the swatch on my hand. This color is gorgeous in the crease with gold mine on the lid (I blend it out with texture if my transition is too harsh). Then I apply mulch on the outer v and a thin amount of amber lights on the lower lashes. Black liner and black mascara and it is gorgeous!!! I tend to do a lot of brown looks, this is a nice change because it is suttee but much more vibrant and colorful at the same time. Really plays up a more neutral toned eye

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Candi88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a rust color I always use this with gold mine by MAC looks sooo pretty together very natural bronzed look

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this eyeshadow was going to be a little more gold-y..unfortunately on my skin it looks orange. Just orange...so I find myself layering other products on to lighten the area a bit. I am going to try using this in my crease and see how it goes..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was afraid, I was petrified...! I bought this online and when I opened the package and saw the colour, I thought... oh no. I tried it on the lid and I hated it, I thought it was so bright and hideous. Then one day, I tried it in the crease. It was amazing. Really made my brown eyes look sultry and captivating and pop. Then day after day I paired amber lights in the crease with different lid colours and I was amazed at how well it complemented both cool and warm shades of shadow. This colour is definitely worth trying if you have dark brown eyes like mine. For reference, I am an NC37.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by NKS

LOVE this colour. It's great for asian skin tones and I've seen it on lots of South Asian brides recently. Really pigmented, bright and reminds me of the colour that Jessie J's been wearing for the last couple of weeks on 'The Voice' which is slightly enhanced and emphasised by a darker (possibly brown) in the crease and really makes her eyes pop. It has immense staying power, and when it fades over the course of the day, it still looks very gold.

It does look a little different on some of my friends with paler skin tones but I advised them to use MAC paint pot 'indianwood' under it which gets softens some of the more vibrant shades in it making it more wearable.

I blend it out with 'Black Tied' or 'Humid' in the outer corners which has gotten me loads of compliments. Makes me feel bold and dramatic with black liner or for a softer look, just a bit of mascara.

Packaging wise - I think the individual eyeshadows are fine, but rarely do I use one MAC colour by itself so I have loads of those quads. I just wish MAC would put a mirror into those quads. Juggling a compact mirror when trying to touch up eyeshadow in absence of a bathroom mirror is annoying!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

for some reason this turns a bit orangey on my skintone. i do love the finish, its soft and easy to apply (frost). you dont need to pick up a lot of colors to pack on your eyes, which is a plus. however, i wouldnt repurchase this colors, i will find alternative bronzey lookin one

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is a vivid bronzey orange color on my lids. Definitely leaning more on the orange side. I love wearing this color all over the lid with cork and texture in the crease. Def would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by makeupcandyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love pigments, this one i got for my bday of my mum, and its not fake because i ordered it of the website.(just saying)
i am just getting into the colour and it will look so nice in the summer!
i do wish that mac was'nt so expensive especially the pigments! Even though they are lovely quality heheheh!!!!
i would go get it if it isent discontinued!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I have fair, yellow toned skin, brown eyes and bright coppery red hair (at the moment!) Amber lights is beautiful on the lids paired with ricepaper as a highlight and inner corners. For everyday use, I use it in my crease and/or over v, and the put rubenesque on my lid. My new discovery for a more subdued work look yet still wearing amber lights on my lid is to then put grain over it and blend well It really tones down the intensity and the shimmer and adds a touch of peachy hue to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

One of the first MAC eyeshadow I ever bought. I have a palette which I filled over the years, but I am not a MAC nut or exclusively MAC girl. I don't know all the ins and outs of their collections and textures, however, i was drawn to this color immediately and use it the most out of the palette. You can use a soft touch with it or go over the lid. It works with many other colors and shadows. I have dark green eyes and this never ceases to give them an extra kick.