September 20, 2014 | 1776 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brows a-go-go

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sunnyhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This palette rocks! I have very sparse eyebrows, but at the same time they are shapeless. To obtain a shape at all I have to remove quite a bit of hair, which doesn't help with the problem of sparseness. I had been using eyebrow powder alone for years before switching to this because I don't like the much too sharp look eyebrow pencils produce. I also made the unfortunately decision of trimming my eyebrows once upon a time so some hairs grow longer and hang down. My eyebrows really were in a pathetic state!

I did some research and started looking into Benefit brow kits, because I thought the wax first and powder second system would work better for me. I hesitated between Brow Zings and this, but ended up purchasing this because I liked how it includes a highlight powder and Eye Bright (which has mixed review indeed, but when I tested it out at the counter it worked nicely on me) as well as two shades of powder. Having to dish out 38 euros was tough (that's right, it's 38 dollars in the States and 38 frickking euros here), but I'm glad to say I don't regret it and I'm going to tell you why!

I wear contact lenses and makeup about 3 days a week, which means for the rest of the week I wear glasses. On the days I wear glasses this palette is absolutely indispensable. I first set my eyebrow with the wax (bye bye messy hair), and then I use the light powder on the first half of my brows following by the dark powder defining the arches to the ends. I blend some highlighter into my brow bones and Eye Bright on the inner and outer corners of my eyes (no brush is involved. My ring finger does the job just fine). The highlighter illuminates my brow bones naturally while Eye Bright makes me look more awake. Altogether they accentuate the natural almond shape of my eyes and I'm extremely pleased. With a bit of concealer I'm set for the day looking smart and alive! When I do wear makeup I skip the highlighter and Eye Bright steps, since I use eyeshadows to do the same thing. They hold on well enough too. My brows look exactly the same at the end of the day. While Eye Bright does crease a bit on the outer corners of my eyes (I don't use a primer for it), it's really not that big of a deal since I can clean that up easily.

I only give it 4 lippies because I am not a bit fan of the eyeliner in the set. It's a bit too hard and gimmicky for my taste. The little tweezer is OK though. I think people who complain about it expect way too much from a mini tweezer. It's supposed to be used for one or two stray hair and nobody should dream of replacing their normal tweezer with this! The tiny brush is pretty good too. I've tried to do my eyebrows with regular brushes but didn't like that very much for some reason, so the tiny one is just fine.

I will repurchase, but since the wax and eyebrow powder will probably run out before the highlighter and Eye Bright, I might go for Brow Zings next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this not just as a to-go kit, but as my brow staple kit. While I find the darker powder is too dark for me, the lighter one and the brow wax are staples. The eye-brightening effects of the two highlighters, one powder; one cream are astounding. Seriously. I sometimes reach for this to use the powder highlight alone. Good stuff, adorable packaging! (I'm also a sucker for mini products and to-go kits...)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by nverno

This makes your brows KICK @zz!! For once I found a kit where I actually LOVE and use every product inside it on a daily basis. You can do not just the brows, but the entire eyes easily with this kit!

It contains BOTH the light and dark browzings powders, which is PERFECT for me because I always mixed these two together to get my perfect color. It also has the light browzing wax, again perfect for the way I love to use browzings. I always mix the light wax with the powders to get my brows on the right, natural-looking way. The browzings powder in light can also double as a contour shade for your crease and the browzings powder in dark can double as a soft, smokey, liner or it can go over the black liner in the package to soften it a little and change the look.

The pinkish-natural shadow is perfect and easy for one quick sweep to even out and brighten up the entire eye area.

Eyebright.. I use for a lot of things.. to brighten the under-eye and inner corners of eyes, it mixes nicely with concealer to brighten it up a bit, works well for me as a brow highlighter, mix with the pink shadow in the kit as an awesome highlighter for face and eyes. I like to use it with my fingers and not the brush so that it warms the product up and it glides on easier.

The little black eyeliner which I thought would get lost, and be dry and crappy actually goes on smoothly and stays in place. You have to tilt it inside your regular sharpener to sharpen it though, which was a little weird at first, but now I am fine with doing that.

The tweezers come in handy for emergencies.

The brushes are GOOD. I always hate little brushes. I'm spoiled and I am used to using long-handled brushes to do my makeup, but I got into a situation where I left my travel brush kit home, and I was forced to get by using these brushes and let me just say that the the angled one outdid my expensive, long-handled angle brush. It gave such a nice application.

The case is good and has a magnetic closure so it doesn't open up when thrown inside your makeup bag. Yet when you want to use it, it opens up very easily and smoothly unlike some compacts. The bruses and tweezers it comes with remain inside and all the product stays nice and neat.

It's $38 which sounded expensive to me, but it's actually not. If you think about what it contains and how awesome your brows and eyes are gonna look, and how easy it is, it definitely more than justifies the price. I can not see myself without this! It's been lasting me a long time and I still have a lot, but when I need to I will definitely repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ameliabirch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big Brow-Zings fan. I may be being overly dramatic by saying it changed my life 3-4 years ago when I started using it, but hey, my brows are grateful. I have blonde brows and nothing else works in the same way to make them look realistic and not drawn on. The Browzings light wax and powder look so natural and I use it every single day.

So yes... Brows-A-Go-Go. Unlike the majority of palettes I have, I use almost all of the things in this set every day. The highlighter powder works with my skin tone so well I can use it for all eye looks. The brow zings dark powder I use as eye liner. The eye bright is great and works much better in palette form than in the pencil. The only things I don't use are the liner pencil (make a mess with them) and the tweezers (never use tweezers).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by tellejay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really do like this product a lot! I have sparse uncontrollable eyeshadows and this product actually make them look good! I bought this instead of the browzing because it was only 5 dollars more and not only did it have the wax it had two colors of eyebrow shadow, eyebright, and high brow. Such a steal! I absolutely love this product and don't know what I could do without it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This kit comes with the pigmented brow wax, light brow powder and dark brow powder. It also has a powder highlighter and a creamy eye brightener. It also includes a mini black eyeliner, and mini tweezers.

The tweezers work well for being mini but I don't use them as my regular tweezers. The eyeliner is surprisingly good. I like everything in this kit. I agree that the casing is not as durable for throwing in your bag but with the outer casing still on it can do ok. I don't use the light brow powder, the SA said I could use it for eye shadow but I don't know if I will. I'm glad I purchased this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very handy to put in bag, but I would prefer a much secure type of palette lid closing.

The mini tweezer is kind of too small to be usable...hmm but i liked the highlighter shadow next to Eye Bright.

This is a clever idea of combining brow powders, wax with other eye products (shadow, liner).