November 26, 2014 | 1591 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

When I first used this I loved it. A couple of pumps spreads easily all over my face and I love the feeling of massaging an oil on. It removed makeup well and I had no issues with my face feeling residue-y. Within a few weeks however, I seemed to develop dry patches above my eyelids, between my brows, and on my chin. I'm not sure which oil in the mix is causing this but clearly the balance just doesn't work on the drier areas of my face. Won't re-purchase, but I have friends who love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Elisonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lot of my friends swear by this! They say it is simple to use, gets rid of all make up including eye makeup and leaves your skin feeling subtle. All of these things are true, it does get rid of all traces of makeup and breaks down foundation really well as well as takes away eye make up. But for me, along with those benefits also came tiny little spots and bumps all over my face and especially the cheeks, where I rarely break out. They were not quite pimples, but small fluid filled bumps. My skin looked dirty and so uneven, never had that before! I thought at first it was just my skin going worse before it goes better as the oil might be purifying my skin and purging out the badness. But after trying it again the same thing happened and I stay far far away from this cleanser. So odd as it works so feel for many others, but It left me looking like I had been attacked by tiny moles all over my skin who built hundreds of tiny molehills. Ew.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Received this as a free sample (labelled "Soothing Cleansing Oil") when I purchased the inferior quality gel eyeliner from BB. To my great surprise, this is an excellent product for removing long wear makeup. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes and rinses off completely. I have a very oily t-zone and recoiled from the idea of putting anything oily on my skin. However this product is fully water misicible and turns to a milky fluid on contact with water. If anything, it's a tiny bit drying. I am pleased at how quickly and efficiently it removes makeup. Note: this product should not be confused with the 'Long Wear Eye Makeup Remover" by BB, which is a disgusting oily mess and DOES NOT remove makeup. Even the BB salesgirls cannot tell the difference between the products, so buy with care!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a crap for such a price! It doesn't even remove the tinted moisturiser and I have to apply it for the second time. Guess what, the tinted moisturiser is still there! It also make my sensitive/dry cheecks red. I'll go on buying Sephore's Supreme Cleansing oil, which is almost 1/3 cheaper, effective and not that harsh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Contains a unique blend of oils - sunflower, jojoba, olive and kukui nut along with jasmine flower extract for its soothing properties (and light fragrance?) - yet, I found the consistency to be more runny than viscous and compared to other cleansing oils I've tried (DHC, Fancl, Shu Uemura, SKII...etc.) I need to use a lot more because it's lacking in that nice slip. Removes eye and face makeup adequately, although it does blur my vision a tiny bit if I happen to get any residue in my eyes, so I will use a separate eye makeup remover if I go heavy on the eyeshadow and mascara.

This is one of the more luxurious high end cleansing oils I've sampled, but there's something in the formula that I'm sensitive to. If I use this to remove my eye makeup, my top and bottom lash lines itch like crazy. Also, it doesn't rinse off squeaky clean. For combo to oily skintypes, you might need an additional cleanser to combat that effect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This does remove makeup very quickly. It also smells amazing. However, I can get the same results from using cold cream at a fraction of the price. Also, to me, this didn't rinse off as much as I would like. So, I would most likely end up washing my face after using this, which is a waste of my money.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by qoo77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought the new formulation Soothing Cleansing Oil, I find this dries out my skin. Rinses well, smells nice but I still prefer my Fancl Cleansing Oil. :)

I'm into the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) at the moment, it helps remove my oil clogs and dead skin cells much better than any scrub or masks I've ever used so I can't really comment on how well this removes makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by jaylee74

I used to be a huge shu cleansing oil fan, but since they went out of the country, I stopped buying them. I have tried to use others, but none really came to comparison including the famous FANCL. Bobbi Brown's is the closest cleansing oil that I found that's close to the consistency and the cleansing quality as Shu in the states. I think if you want to try Shu or any cleansing oil in general,try the bobbi brown first. Obviously don't buy it; just get a sample and see if you like the feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

I have used Mac and Shu oils which are superior. This one of bb is thicker and does not rinse clean. As it more thick it also spreads less easily and thus you need to use more. I love bb makeup but the skin care doesn't work for combo/oily skins at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tobyleota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I normally use DHC cleansing oil and love it. But, as I sometimes do, I just wanted to try something new. I'm glad I did, I really like this product. It has a much thinner, lighter feel in comparison to DHC and mixes well with water (DHC does not). I don't think it removes stubborn eye makeup as well as and is bit more expensive than DHC. It smells fresh and light. It does not aggravate my oily skin and large pores. I will repurchase.