October 24, 2014 | 1410 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by sarahkneller7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is not sheer, it's not glowy, and I would not recommend it to a dry skin at all.
I must mention that I have not only tried this product on myself - I work in a cosmetics store so I am putting this on people every day.
The reason I have given it two stars instead of one is purely because of the colour range - it is great for a darker skin tone, and I HAVE managed to get it to look beautiful on Indian girls, who already have perfect smooth skin anyway.
Anyone with fair to medium skin, unless you are quite oily, this foundation will not look good on you. It clings to the skin, separates after about half an hour, and looks cakey and unnatural.
If you are looking for a beautiful foundation, go for the nars tinted moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I REALLY truly wanted to love this product, but it does not work with my skin AT ALL. I did a lot of research on this product before I bought it, because $40 for a foundation is extremely expensive for me. After reading such rave reviews and seeing so many beauty gurus love on this foundation, I bit the bullet and purchased it. All of the other reviewers are right, this is not sheer or glowy, it's definitely a medium coverage and pretty matte. The one thing I love about this foundation is the color. I wear the shade Siberia, it's a near perfect match for my skin tone and the reason why I tried to make it work for so long. It's very yellow, which I appreciate because I am super pale and warm toned and can never find a foundation that matches. For reference, I have combo skin. When I first apply this, it looks beautiful. But within an hour or two it starts to separate and cake up and look terrible. I've tried different methods of application, different moisturizers, setting powders, and primers and I always get the same result. Such a bummer, since it's so expensive. My HG L'Oreal true match foundation is far superior to Nars sheer glow, and 1/4th the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Ok here is my thing :( i really wanted to love this because i hear all dry skin youtubers say how dewy it is so ill just stop it there it is NOT dewy for me anyways i have very dry skin so most glowing foundations are not BUT i will say it is very natural and smooth/airbrushed look with a hint of glow but not dewy like i had hoped 😢but i did like the finish but i wanted a dewy foundation like my mac moisture foundation which is really DEWY especially with a beauty blender but that foundation literally lasts like 4 hrs where as this one lasted me for 6hrs but to me my old rimmel 24 hr foundation lasted about the same but it was only $6 by the way if you are nc35/40-Barcelona will most likely be your shade

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by mariecullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would rate this product is very average. Pros: nice clean, sleek bottle (had to pay £4 extra for a pump mind you). Very light in consistency, not at all drying. Leaves a nice glow after application (not too oily). Cons: now if you have even the slightest problem with oilies this product will be hell. After around 2 hours, my t-zone looks like an oil rig, and the foundation literally slides off of your face, leaving a horrible cakey look. Now I can usually control my oily t-zone with a matte foundation and a little translucent powder, but nothing seemed to help this. Also, the coverage isn't amazing, after application I could still see a lot of redness on my t-zone (acne scars). All in all this is an average foundation, won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Bipashahaque

I have quite clear skin however it is a little dry, for occasions I do like to wear a long lasting medium to full coverage foundation, I used to use mac studio fix fluid until I discovered this! This is the most perfect product, it feels nice and light on the skin and not cakey at all. I found that it covers any blemishes I do have and gives me a totally flawless face. If you don't like a dewy finish then a setting powder will turn it matte for you - I like to switch between the 2 so it's like a 2 in 1 product. It's a little on the expensive side however it does last for ages as a little product goes a lot way. I highly recommend this product! I am mac shade nc44 and I use this product in the shade "Cadiz"

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupforever71

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first when i bought this i didn't really like it for my dry skin. I was totally mislead by the name 'sheer glow' which doesn't do any of those things. I find it to be a semi matte foundation therefore best for normal to combination skin. I used to apply this with a foundation brush in which i found the foundation to come across as quite patchy on my skin but i found that applying it with a wet sponge gives a more flawless finish. I do like this foundation but i probably won't be repurchasing as i feel like theres more better foundations for dry skin but I'm glad i tried it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let's get this out of the way: no, it's not sheer and it doesn't add a glow to your face. It's medium coverage and pretty matte.

This is also the most high maintenance foundation I've ever used. I had to do a trial and error on how to apply it. I tried my Real Techniques Expert Face brush but it just soaked up too much product. I found it's best to dab it on with my fingers and then blend with a sponge (I use the RT one). It is buildable to medium coverage; one layer doesn't cover anything for me (I've got fairly clear skin with a blemish or two here and there and some old acne scarring). For me, it just takes so long to apply to my face, therefore I tend not to wear it when I'm in a rush to go to work in the morning. It's definitely a special occasion foundation.

Another reason it's a special occasion foundation is that it doesn't last very long on my oily-to-combo skin. I get 4 hours tops, with or without primer. I wear it when I'm going out for a short period of time (perhaps out to dinner).

And yes, the packaging is terrible. For $45, I should get a pump. What makes it worse is I tried to put the cap back on and it would not screw on straight. I turned it a bit more and it broke off on top of the bottle, so now the cap does not screw on securely at all.

I wanted to try this foundation for a long time before I splurged on it, and it's perhaps the most disappointing one I've ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by mdot95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmm okay so first off all there is no glow whatsoever don't get me wrong there is a little shimmer but its not glowy. Its actually a semi-matte foundation which if you have dry skin is a no no. I find the product only looks nice if you exfoliate really really good or the foundation will just look like a cakey mess. It also kinda clings to dry patches which is super annoying. It does have a nice coverage though but I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by makeupgal718

Not a foundation expert or a makeup guru at all but i definitely know what looks good & what doesn't. THIS WAS A FAIL ALL AROUND.

Initially purchased at Sephora as an impulsive buy with the help of very nice young lady. Looked great (at first) but realized a few hours later it started separating with peaks of my skin showing through. My face was super shiny and just did absolutely nothing to make my skin appear radiant as it claims to do so. Instead, my skin looked dull and washed. Definitely not good for oily or combination skin, this isn't super heavy either so its strange with all the oil buildup....wont be keeping this to say the very least or repurchasing everrrrrr.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I like this foundation for everyday and on me it lasts a good 10 hours. I just have to dab on it every now and then because I get oily but none of the patchy texture for me (am lucky that makeup stays on well on my skin). I wear Ceylan and it is a good match for my skin. I had to buy the pump separately which was a pain but it was handy though because you can lock it and it won't spill during travel. It's also unscented which I like.