NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 5/28/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this last October and it lasted me until now in May with wearing it on most days. My skin tone is around an NC30 with yellow undertones. I went with the shade Punjab as Stromboli and Barcelona looked either too dark or too orangey on me. Plus im half punjabi so i was like YEAH already. If Punjab was slightly darker it would be perfect for my skin, nevertheless the tone matched me perfectly so the slight light cast wasn't a big issue. It has a medium coverage which i like, i have acne scarring and it would never cover those in a million years so i use Vichy Dermablend on those. My skin is dry and in winter this looked slightly flakey and patchy. The finish overall is okay, nothing spectacular, its a good solid foundation. I must say though i discovered something the other day that might have gained it an extra lippie. I was looking for a lighter coverage than normal so i mixed some with an Olay multi radiance moisturiser and HOLY yesssss, it looked so much more flawless with practically the same coverage but smoother and luminous. Now it has finished and it's time to say goodbye unless i miss it.

on 5/27/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Another awesome, amazing, foundation from NARS

Love it <3

on 5/27/2015 1:46:00 AM

For months this was my holy grail foundation, I am now on my second bottle and have developed a love-hate relationship. I apply with a buffing brush and set with powder, some days I use primer, some days I don't. This foundation would suit someone who has neither dry nor oily skin as it clings to dry patches and cakes around my oilier T zone, halfway through the day. However, the colour selection is amazing (I suit Mont Blanc perfectly) and for a "sheer" foundation, the coverage is impressive. I suffer from breakouts and it does a pretty damn good job at hiding redness. The overall finish looks lovely, more on the dewy side, however I find it stays slightly tacky to the touch even an hour after applying. Unfortunately you have to buy a pump for the bottle, I use around 2 pumps to cover my face and blend down my neck. I wear it 5 days a week and 1 bottle lasts me nearly 3 months.

I bought this foundation about two months ago and no longer have any use for it. I find that it clings to dry patches terribly, and it claims to be a foundation for dry skin. I have tried to make it work by trying various moisturisers and primers underneath but it still doesn't look good. I also tried using different techniques to apply it but nothing seemed to work. The one thing I love about this foundation is the colour selection, I am very fair and bought the shade 'Siberia' and it is perfect, just a shame about the formula.

on 5/20/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I bought this along with Smashbox's Liquid Halo because I heard they both run very yellow/warm and also because I just couldn't decide. It was Stromboli vs #6 and Nars won hands down. I bought the powder and tinted moisturizer which made me absolutely fall in love with Nars and the way it matches me perfect! Even though I have oily skin, I tend to prefer the light, luminous finish as opposed to a thick matte finish. I was thrilled the color was perfect and even more thrilled the finish was amazing! Great medium'ish coverage without looking thick and make up-y. The only complaint is the same as everyone else's: no pump. Not a big deal, I'm used to the "ketchup bottle" shake I had do with drugstore foundation. I expected better from you, Nars! Overall, it's cover without the cake!

on 5/20/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have this in santa fe for winter and punjab for summer. my favourite foundation. i love the finish and it stays on. photographs well. not sure what else to say.

on 5/20/2015 7:04:00 AM

I'm conflicted about Nars Sheer Glow.

In terms of shade, it's hands down got the best colour for pale skin I've ever come across, nothing matches my skin quite as well as Siberia.It also has pretty good coverage.

I'm on my 3rd bottle of Nars Sheer Glow and I think I might switch foundation finally. For me the negatives are:

- It can cake quite easily around creases and especially in between my eyebrows for some reason

- I'm not convinced it has very long lasting power

- The packaging is pretty awful, it doesn't come with a dispenser and if you buy one you can't put the lid on. Only because I have multiple bottles am I able to effectively switch between from the dispenser to the lid f I am taking my foundation with me (long day, travel etc).

on 5/19/2015 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously don't waste your time. This stuff sucks! I have tried this twice now, I got it for Christmas 2 years ago as a gift and I was so excited to try it! Turned out to be awful, stuck to my dry patches, looked cakey, creased around my mouth, didn't last long at all. A few months ago my MUA friend raved about it on her blog and I thought what the heck, why not try it again? It's been over a year, let's give it another go! Well, huge mistake. I wasted money and my time. Nothing has changed. My skin is normal/sensitive so not overly oily or dry. This foundation should have worked for me!! First off, right when I applied it, it looked extremely greasy. Then I applied a little bit of my Bare minerals powder on top thinking it would bring down the shine, which it did. However an hour, I repeat, an HOUR later when I looked in my car mirror the foundation was "breaking apart" all over my face around my mouth and chin! I was already running late to my meeting but I knew I couldn't walk into the building with my skin looking disgusting and all flakey. Thank goodness I had makeup wipes in my car, I just ended up wiping it all off. Since that day I have tried it on 2 other occasions. Same disappointment. Nars is supposed to be the best of the best but I am not impressed at all...

on 5/18/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

oh dear! so disappointed in this fdn... sadly i have only bad things to say about this.... i had really high hopes for this but here is my review.... FYI I have dry skin not scars or anything like that

1. Pricey (£30ish)
2. Clings to my dry patches like you would not believe makes me look like i have never used a moisturizer in all my life!
3. Bottle is heavy with no pump - which is rubbish seen as you pay a fair amount for it
4. Coverage is cakey (no matter how you apply , sponge/brush)
5. Doesn't last very long on the skin
6. there is no sheer glow!

Sorry guys dont bother with this even if you only have a little dryness ... still on the hunt for the best fdn for dry skin

on 5/17/2015 9:33:00 PM

Down to my 4th bottle of this foundation. The coverage is great! It's medium buildable and doesn't look cakey. It always makes my skin like flawless, the only downfall is that it creases a little. I wish it had an SPF too so I wouldn't have to apply some sunscreen underneath. I've stuck to this foundation for so long, but with the hot Aussie sun out in Australia I really need a foundation with SPF, so I might have to switch soon.