October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Pressed Powders - Bourjois - Mineral Radiance Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by etangora

Picked this up in Boots for a really good deal, but it likely costs a lot more if you're buying it stateside.
That said, it was a really great summer powder for me-- I picked up 02 vanille, which is near the lightest end of the spectrum, but still a little dark for me, which meant I started out using it almost as a bronzer. Once my tan picked up, I just started using it all over, and was really pleased. I use a mineral brush instead of the sponge that came with, which I felt picked up a bit too much product and didn't distribute than evenly. The result is really natural; matte but not too matte, no glitter, a flattering color, and a light scent that fades quickly. Because it's mineral-based, it doesn't clog pores like a standard powder, so even when I've really been sweating I haven't had to worry. The only problem is that it doesn't hold up for long before I get shiny again (I have combination-oily skin) and the chunky compact is cute but doesn't travel well, so I tend to just put some on in the morning and then pull out the blotting papers later. If you're paying a lot for the product, you'll probably get annoyed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this is Rose Clair which is the fairest and very pink based shade.

Bourjois says this about the product:
The first hot pressed powder, enriched with radiance boosting mineral quartz for a matte yet radiant complexion

Mineral Radiance, for a matte yet radiant complexion

Enriched with radiance-boosting mineral quartz and ultra finely crushed mineral powders, Mineral Radiance powder mattifies with no dull effect.

The blend of purified mineral pigments enhances your natural skin tone, for a fresh and radiant complexion.

Mineral Radiance, developed with unique hot-pressed technology

Thanks to our unique hot pressed technology, its texture is as fine and lightweight as that of a loose powder. It softly glides on the skin to reveal the natural glow of your complexion and provides a matte, even and natural finish.

Benefits for the skin

Its non-drying formula lets the skin breathe, and contains anti-oxidant vitamin E to take care of your skin.

It's only early days for me with this powder. I'm not a big pressed powder person but I've found the colour match and finish to be good so far. The biggest test will come when I go out or in summer. I have found that it does leave me with quite a radiant complexion.

UPDATE:
This powder is doing a good job for me in summer. It's keeping my makeup looking pretty fresh after a 12 hour day. I do have dry skin though so I could see how this might not be the most effective powder for oily skin.