October 24, 2014 | 938 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Peel-Off Mask Cucumber

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by misscherstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love any mask by this brand, the clay and peel off ones, scents don't matter to me, amazing how great and clean your face feels after the peel off ones!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by acmleung

This mask has a ton of questionable ingredients. No wonder it burned my eyes, even though it didn't even get inside my eyes. Just applying it around the vicinity of my eye area already caused a burning/tearing sensation. I could tolerate it, but something tells me this isn't the best product to be putting on my face. Toxic ingredients for your face include:
- SD Alcohol 40-B
- DMDM HYDANTOIN (FORMALDEHYDE RELEASER)
- Fragrance
- Methylparaben
- Lactic Acid

View detailed breakdown here: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/466009/Freeman_Facial_Peel-Off_Mask%2C_Cucumber/

Use at your own risk, and definitely don't expect this mask to do you wonders. I chose to throw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by riaorion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What drew me to this product: the array of single-use masks area in Wal-Mart. I have sensitive skin/normal/fair.

The use:
This mask is a peel, and is my favorite mask. It's cucumber, and says "clarifies & renews skin". This time, I bought the 150mL/6oz tube. You squeeze out a high viscosity gel that smells like cucumbers. Applying it is relatively easy, and goes on clear and shiny. The cooling sensation is immediate, and relief for my face. I had tried the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, but that stuff made my skin burn so terribly; like an icy/hot patch on my face. But Freeman's makes my face feel soothed to the max! It takes about 15 minutes to dry up, depending on how thick you apply it. Once removed, my skin feels so soft; I really enjoy using this product for my sensitive skin. I have tried clay masks, but I feel more...enjoyment...out of peel masks.

The pros:
Sensitive skin friendly!
Peelable, so can help a little with removing blackheads/clogged pores (a little is the key, but I did not buy this to replace porestrips).
Smells refreshing (unless you hate cucumbers, like my sister)
Soft feeling skin after removing.
The tube appears to last quite a bit.

The cons:
The thick gel can sometimes be messy! But that's expected. Just be careful not to get it in your hair!
I don't know about "clarifying" properties, but my skin does feel a little "renew"ed to the point that I felt fresh and clean.

Overall: My favorite mask of all time (so far). It's a soothing relief, not abrasive or harsh for my skintype, and leaves me with babybutt soft skin. Definitely happy I bought a big tube, as I will buy again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't feel like this really did anything...but it was fun to use! Though it didn't all peel off and I had to scrub to get the remaining sticky bits off. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I bought this because I thought it might help with blackheads when it peels off. But, it doesn't. I don't like the smell of it (not a fan of cucumber scents) but it's fun to peel off. Reminds me of peeling glue off my hands in elementary school.. haha. Sometimes it's hard to peel off & it gets quite annoying. Other than being fun to peel off, this really does nothing for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by kaylatasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Superficial moment:
my first review!! I'm so proud of myself... finally contributing back to all the reviews I read.

pros: price, I would like to say its good for oil control... but beware of possible skin irritants
cons: smell, messy, not very effective.

texture: gloppy... gooey...sticky...transparent gel

So I bought this a while ago on impulse because I saw Michelle Phan use it and also I found it for only $2.50. It supposed to be clarifying for your skin. It is very goopy in texture and its kind of difficult to keep the opening of the tube and the cap nice and clean because its so sticky. And also because of the texture, it can get hard to apply. It feels nice and cool applied, and then tightens a little when it tries. Its fairly easy to remove, except if you're messy like me and get it on your eyebrows. Ugh. It smells like cucumbers (at least when I first bought it, or maybe I just overlooked it). Last time I used it, it reeked of alcohol, but with a cucumber after scent. Alcohol is very prominent in this product, just take a look at the ingredients. As for the effects, I don't think it did anything for me, it felt a little drying (most likely from all that alcohol), and I had to wash out anything that got onto my hair(my fault). I wouldn't recommend this unless you have more oily or combo/oily skin. Dry skin folks really shouldn't be using this in the first place, and for those with sensitive, acnes prone skin, try with caution. I mean why not, it's inexpensive, and if you're adventurous, go ahead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBaby19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A great deal! A while ago, I made a mistake. I got one of those Walgreens knockoff brand masks in the little 0.5 oz size. I stuck it in my purse, then I used it, and next thing you know, it's all gone. So, i realized that I should've paid $2 more to get a big tube. I went to the store and got this Freeman mask and I love it! I should've gotten that one all along!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by bubbybae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well its not a great product just okay.

It did get some oil, and a blackhead which i could see on the mask but not as much as i would like.
i am glad i purchased though, a good addition to any beauty collection.
Now- it is no where near as strong as biore strips or any other pore strips biore strips are some tough stuff.

It feels firm and stiff once dry on your face but has a very gently peel off. I also saw some tiny hairs (face hairs) it peeled off. I just have really bad skin, uneven, semi medium pores, and oil literally seeps through my skin you can see it. Which is why i wanted something to completely remove the oil. But this is okay. I will be getting microdermabrasion soon to fix my skin problems. I damaged it a while back with harsh products.

But back to this products: it has quite a bit in the tube for the price. Very nice. In my opinion using this in moderation yoy could get about 30 full face mask uses, maybe more. It seems like that much. Sticky consistency but is easy to put on smooth a medium layer on and youre good. It actually does peel, what i do. Just rub the edges of the mask to guide where you pull off..i admit my skin does feel cleaner afterwards beforehand i washed my face used an astringment then steamed and rinsed with warm water to open my pores. It is nothing extreme and grandoise. It got some stuff out if my pores but not all. It does not hurt at all when peeling off.
after i rinse twice once with warm water final rinse with cold water. Then moisturize with grapeseed oil.

These are not a replacement for pore strips. But using them both in a regimen would be amazing. After this bottle i dont think i will purchase again. I have my eye on boscai black mask at sephora which seems like it would be super strong so. It all depends on you. But buy this?? Why not!!! I could see it having many benefits. Btw it appeared to be dead skin on mask which is also good i guess , i would try it.

It is stick

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Hannahjanks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It softens my skin and prevents acne. It also removed my blackheadswhen I put it on after taking a shower when my pores were open. It also got rid of my acne scars within a week of using it once a day!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Meh, I did not feel a difference in my skin, luckily this product is only like 4 dollars.