July 30, 2014 | 1013 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Yummy Plummy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by ericaXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a few weeks ago and I love it! On my skin it shows up more like a plum red because I naturally have very pigmented lips. Its a wonderful color, the finish is a nice satin as well

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I love the color sensational lipsticks. They go on super smooth and creamy. Not drying at all. Just as good as high end department store lipsticks. Yummy plummy is just a Beautiful soft plum color. Looks great with my olive skin tone. My lips are very pigmented but this color shows. Don't know how it would look on someone with lighter skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by glossygirl47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Probably my favorite purchase in recent memory! This lipstick is fabulous! The color is a gorgeously subtle mauvey pink that's perfect for fall days. It's not too bright and not too dark and the color stays relatively true as it wears down.

And it wears beautifully. It's a drier lipstick, which I think helps with its staying power. I get a solid 6 hours of wear out of this (and it might go longer -- I usually have something to eat or drink by that point) and it doesn't fade during that time. It's also not a super glossy formula, but it's not a true matte, either. It finds a really happy medium so the product stays put without completely drying out my lips.

I don't love the packaging, although it doesn't bother me, because it lives in my makeup bag and doesn't get beaten up that much. But if it didn't live in a protected area, I'd be worried about the cap coming off or breaking. And the smell/taste isn't that pleasant. I'd describe it as plastic coconut. But it fades fast enough that it's not a deal breaker for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lesley123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with everyone else on this one, the new color sensational line is amazing...and yummy plummy is a gorgeous color. Its creamy, great color, stays on very well. Its much nice than the usual drugstore lipsticks. It easily competes with likes of Dior and Estee Lauder.

I am a lipstick, gloss junkie, I have so many, and I rarely give the drugstore brands a try anymore, mostly because they don't make a great mauve, plum colored lipstick. I have yet to ever find a color I loved from Revlon, or L'oreal (I hate the way L'oreal Tastes, and the texture), or Rimmel, or Covergirl.

However, when they brought out the Mineral line I found a great color called Crushed Mauve (now disconntinued), and I bought a bunch, just in case.I was so impressed, I started checking back with Maybelline - to see if anything new.

Well now they have come out with the new ones...and Yummy Plummy is the perfect color. I actually tried it one, got in my car, looked at it in the mirror and had to stop at the next store on my way home and get it.

Maybelline - Impressive.....really impressive. The little drugstore line that could. Maybelline keeps putting out better and better stuff lately.

Now I have to go back and try a whole bunch of other colors!!! And get a secret stash of yummy plummy!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by nsarova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yummy it is. What a juicy little number, this is the creamiest colorsensational lippie I've tried. I have 3 others from this line and they aren't quite as creamy as this one. Nice pop of color, a midtone warm purple color, it looks bright on me, the color is pigmented and the lippie smells amazing. Really moisturizing, the other colors I have aren't as moisturizing as this one, maybe I'm biased because I really love this color.. The color lasts and lasts, makes my pout look full and plump with a creamy purple/berry hue. Will buy this color forever! I love this line, haven't bought a color I didn't like.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

I'm a bit of a lipstick junkie, and this is the best formula I've found! I've already purchased 4 colors, and plan on adding to my collection! Yummy Plummy is a deeper mauvey/plum, and it's my basic "daily" lipstick. The texture is just perfect- as one reviewer wrote, it's "balmy" but also thick and provides great coverage. Has a nice taste/smell to it- like vanilla and honey. This color LASTS, too! Will DEFINITELY be purchasing more of these!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my fav of the 4 colors i have. Its a nice neutral mauve/plum color w/ shine. Nice balm texture & this stuff lasts all day! Great find at the DS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My wal-mart FINALLY got these babies in,for $5.00!!I also had a $2.00 off coupon for the Color Sensational line so for for $3.00 I'm excited,but I love the lipstick I picked out so much that I will be going back to pick out atleast one more color.I'm very,very picky about my lip products because I have really pigmented, rosy lips that look like I'm wearing something on them even when I'm not and alot of colors just clash with my lip coloring.With Yummy Plummy on, it turns my lips into a nice dusty rose shade that is not too dark or light and goes with any eyeshadow combo I choose to pair it with.This looks and feels like a matte which is my favorite type of lipstick,which also means that this one can be a little drying.It has good staying power even without a lip liner and with any matte lipstick your lips have to be in perfect condition because it will pick up on any tiny lip flaw.As far as smell goes I'm not really picking up on any "rancid"smell that so many other people are talking about.If I didn't know that this was a drugstore product I would think it was higher end quality and the packaging is so fab!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this color! A nice true plum that is pretty neutral imo. Also this is the most delicious lipstick I think I've owned. The texture and finish are wonderful! Creamy, cushiony, beautiful and the scent is not too bad either! Bought it for $5.50 which is a great price and I think I will go back f or the Pink Quartz color!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color:
This goes on me as a medium natural-looking pinkish plum that is a mlbb shade. Definitely a cooler tone, this also has no shimmer to it.

Features:
These smell like a mixture of honey and vanilla to me, or play-doh to my fiance, either way I love the scent, it doesn't smell drying. The lipstick is so creamy and smooth but doesn't smudge outside your lip line, and is quite long-lasting for not being matte. Also very moisturizing, no feathering or settling into little lines in your lips. The finish to this is a creamy, barely shiny healthy look. The non-shimmer colors seem to be true to what is in the packaging. Yeah, I've been collecting these like crazy and would recommend bogos! Also check out Maybelline's site for suggestions on colors for your skintone, so far it has been very useful for me.