April 16, 2014 | 1482 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - HD Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by taranisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is my favorite concealer that I've used. I have it in the lightest shade, 305 porcelain, and it fits my very pale skin really well. Not perfectly, but pretty close. (Whenever I wear foundation, I have to mix in a few drops of the thick, pure white Illamasqua rich liquid foundation to lighten it, so that should give you an idea of my fairness.) It's very creamy, it looks very natural. I prefer to blend it in with a finger rather than a brush. I do dislike that it starts to crease under the eyes so easily (not so natural then), the applicator sometimes oozes, and it's kinda pricey, but I can't complain that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by galinab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The excellent concealer for under eye area. Perfect coverage if applied correctly (I always use an additional good eye moisturizer a minute before I use the concealer), it looks natural and true for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this HD concealer for my dark eye circles ever since I found it! Fourth stick and counting! It's formula is such a breeze to spread and apply. I would layer it with a very thin layer of loose powder that comes with Bobbi Brown eye concealer just to complete the coverage. However, even without the loose powder, it looks great especially on photos! The micro light reflecting particles infused in the concealer brightens up the eye area and it is most obvious on photos. I also find that this is the only eye concealer that does not dry out my eye areas yet providing good coverage. It does not oxidize throughout the day and it is so long-wearing that I do not need to touch up even after an entire day of work.The cons are its price, the amount of concealer in the stick is extremely little, and the applicator head is totally useless!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by yanqi83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the rare concealers which matches my skin tone exactly. (I'm Asian with medium-toned skin) I was excited to find a perfect match while trying it out at Sephora, but when I tried using it the next day, it caked up very easily. It's a bit pricey for the amount in the tube.

Tip: Use a fluffy blush and apply with a VERY light hand. It helps to mix it with a dab of eye primer to prevent caking.

I won't purchase it again, but will use till it's finished up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Easy to apply and has decent staying power. Can be a bit drying under the eyes.

Pretty pricey for the amount of product you get, so probably will try to find a cheaper substitute.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by TemptedByBeauty

Excellent concealer for under eye area. Good coverage and staying power but still looking natural and lightweigh.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my second concealer. The first one is from Anna Sui and I didn't like it because it can't cover my acne. But this hd concealer do a better job than anna sui one but I still didn't like it. This concealer did not covered my acne beautifully! It goes on nicely at first and then after I put my bronzer/blush, this concealer just oxidize and you can see my acne clearly just like I did not put any concealer! So I have to put concealer again on my acne. I find this hard to blend nicely especially when you're using a concealer brush and I have to use my fingers to blend it. This is quite pricey and I won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I have very pale porcelain skin, NW 10/15 for reference. My dark circles are not only hereditary, but they are also due to the fact that my skin is translucent.
I needed a new concealer under my eyes, and I went to Sephora. First off, they did not give me a makeup SA, they gave me a skincare SA. She was morbidly obese with facial hair and acne, might I add. I told her I needed a concealer and her response was "Oh, sorry. Sephora doesn't carry shades light enough for you." Um, WTF?! So I walked around, by myself, thank you very much, and was able to find multiple shades "light enough" for me. One of these was MUFE hd concealer. Yes, it matched my skin tone (which is apparently a huge feat) but it caked and creased so much. EW. Not natural looking at all. And I hate the brush. I'll go back to YSL touche eclat, even though it's more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This covered my acne marks/hyperpigmentation beautifully! It feels very light, blends well, does not look cakey and lasts all day. So glad I found a perfect color match for my skin. (#340) . The applicator stinks however but hopefully they will change it.
UPDATE NOV 26, now changed to #330 (mac c3) for winter. Nice neutral ligh-med color with yellow undertones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm going to start this out by telling you about my circles. Then I'm going to tell you the horrible story about how I bought this (and am 90% sure I'll return it).
My under eye area is darker than the rest of my face. That's it. There's no purple or blue undertone just darker. In the winter I am about a NC10 and summer I can get up to NC20 (which I'm at right now). I also have this line (that's between your nose & under eye area; it's where bags start on most people in the corner of the eye). I think it makes me look older than I am (25) but if I could correct it most people would probably assume I'd be somewhere around 20.
Now for my story about how I came across this. I had head out to Ulta to try to get a concealer first. I was one of, not even, 10 people in the store. Yet there was only two associates (out of 5-6) there wandering around and helping people. One was stuck at the Benefit counter while the other was helping a couple behind me. The moment I went to speak up for help she ignored me and walked away. I ended up buying a few things not on my list because the Ulta did not carry what I was looking for (should have known it; I always have issues with Ulta). After that ordeal was done I headed over to Sephora. I've always had pleasant MUAs but they usually have no idea what they're doing. This time was on par with that. All I wanted was a concealer to cover the above described issues and a good foundation (I was tired of buying drugstore items that don't work). First thing they did wrong, which I didn't know about until almost the very end, was that they had given me a SKINCARE CONSULTANT to do my make-up. WTF Sephora!? Which means she was 100% clueless as to what to put on me. I had mentioned that I didn't know where to start on foundations but had wanted to try the HD concealer. I was ignored. I should have left to go to the MAC & Bobbi Brown counters next door (in a Macy's). I sat through her caking on the MUFE HD foundation, caking on the NARS concealer stick, and finally coming around to this concealer. She applied the Laura Mercier TM & the HD concealer together. I looked flawless but the foundation color was way off and this concealer still didn't cover. It brightened nicely but it doesn't conceal. I'd say this is a nice HE alternative to Maybelline Dream Lumi touch concealer. That's it. The circles were still there but brightened. I was disappointed, pushed into buying something (when I only wanted samples), and almost bought the Laura Mercier TM (which also covered nothing). I can't afford to spend $30+ on a product that won't work and sit in my drawer. Sadly I'm going to have to spend another day traveling all the way back (yep closest Sephora is about 30 minutes away) and return this dang thing. I just need to suck it up, not be a push over, and deal with the Bobbi Brown counter (in the past I was ignored & treated like dirt for not wearing HE clothing & waving around money).