August 29, 2014 | 1822 users online

Treatments (Face) - De La Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by beautiijunkii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG my miracle ointment!!! I love this stuff!! I've been using it for about a week and it has worked wonders!!! I've even been using it on a cystic pustule and it has shrunk substantially. It dries up active acne remarkably fast. I kept seeing this at Walmart but I never got it because I just didn't know how effective it would be but for $3 and some change I'm glad I went ahead and took the chance. The only con is the smell, but that doesn't really bother me because I put it on at night and I'm the only one that has to deal with it. I will repurchase this stuff for life!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kkay90xo

Love this!! I've been using this a little over a week and all my problem areas are basically gone! It is drying, but nothing too severe. So happy I found this! Will buy & buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this every night for two weeks and I am extremely happy with it. I want to go and buy a bunch of it and hoard it all, that's how good it is! Any active acne I had is healing. It doesn't dry out the rest of my skin but my spots do get dry and flaky. It does stink even after I wash it off but isn't that big of a deal. The rest of my skin is very soft and seems to be smoothing out texture wise. I LOVE the fact that it has only two ingredients and that one of them is all natural and has been used for thousands of years to help get rid of acne. ^_^

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by khloe101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great addition to my acne regimen, but I would not rely on it alone. I use it as a spot treatment every time I pop a pimple, let it sit for ten minutes, then wash my face with my cleanser and continue on with the best acne product around..Benzoyl Peroxide.
Please check out Acne.org if you are struggling with acne! You will not be disappointed.
But this stuff does a great job of treating and drying pimples :)
Make sure to moisturize!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Kikiii

Love this stuff! My HG. I use it as a spot treatment and my zits are either completly gone or very diminished in a couple days. Directions say to wash it off after 10 min but I'll leave it on for 4+ hours and it gives me the best results. Great price too! Found it at my local drugstore for under $6. It's not usually in the skin care aisle, I found mine in the ethnic hair care section.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought my 2nd jar of this stuff. It works. Period. Great for adult acne, no smell, doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it, the consistency takes some getting used to, but it's not a big deal, especially for something that works so well. Can be hard to find, look in the Latino section of drugstores.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by GoldTeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was initially a little skeptical about this product, as I had never heard of it before, but my skin looked like crap and I had tried everything else, so I figured I had nothing to lose. I'm so glad I suspended my disbelief, because this product is frickin' sweet. I sorta deviate from the package instructions; I believe it says to use this as a spot treatment and wash off the ointment after 10 minutes or something, but I take a small amount and rub it all over my face before bed. My issue these days isn't pimples as much as it is just little clogged pores all over my cheeks, and I find that a little bit of this goes a good job of keeping them under control. Yes, unfortunately this product does, in fact, smell like sulfur, and that stank will linger on your face for a while, but it's a small price to pay, if you ask me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by boyscubed

Are you kidding me?!! Why did I not find this stuff sooner?! I use it as a spot treament and it works very quickly to clear up blemishes. You only need just a small amount. Do be careful as it will dry you out if you use it too often and unless it is neccessary, I would not reccomend applying this over a large area because, again, it will dry your skin. However, I have found a small amount as a spot treament, left on over night works wonders! My skin care routine is now this: Dr. Bronners "baby mild soap" to wash my face only at night, about two drops of jojoba oil gently massaged onto my face and De La Cruz 10% sulfur ointment to spot treat. In the morning I only rinse my face with water. I am now really liking the way my skin has been looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by design

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on BCP for about 6 years and decided to go off of it. After about 5 months my skin started to get really oily and I was breaking out like crazy. I have always had really sensitive skin that's prone to rashes, breakouts, redness, and dryness. Moisturizers are out of the question since I have found they all seem to do more damage than good... especially those with glycerine. Masks tend to dry me out too much and leave my skin itchy. HOWEVER! This mask is a m a z i n g. There are only 2 ingredients, and the mask is unlike most. It doesn't dry hard, it stays moist. The consistency is like Vaseline. I was worried at first that it would be really difficult to wash off, but it was incredibly easy! It leave no residue, rinses easily, and doesn't dry my skin out. This mask is my go to for all things problematic :)

Word of advice... This is not to be left on overnight, the directions say 10 mins. It's not a moisturizer either.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SarahNC21

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this ointment many, many times over the course of 2 years now. Sulfur can seem gentle at first yet can be very effective for all kinds of acne to include cysts, blackheads and whiteheads. It can, over time, be very drying, so you'll have to be patient and careful to not overuse. I don't think it works on discoloration marks but it definitely helps skin from forming new lesions. Sulfur works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, drying existing acne and bringing pustules to the surface. Because of this, you may experience "purging" but I've found purged type pimples go away quickly.

The directions say to wash your face, apply a light coat to the affected area and leave on for 10 minutes then wash off with water. It says you can start with 1 application and work up to 2-3 daily applications but I would stick to 2 applications daily, maximum, and only if you're having a bad breakout as this can be very drying if used more frequently. I like to follow-up use with benzoyl peroxide, if used at night or a moisturizer, if used during the day.

Overall, a great MUA find but I don't really use this anymore since using Paula's Choice CLEAR system. This ointment is really cheap and can be effective as a spot treatment; I'd urge anyone to give it a try.