November 27, 2014 | 1427 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Mekong

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Nyla2120

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this shadow because the color is just stunning, especially when used to create a smokey eye. But, this is honestly one of the worst shadows I have ever used. It applies unevenly, is hard to blend & fades within a couple hours of application. I even tried it with different primers thinking that maybe that was the problem. But, it's the shadow formula is what's the problem. For $23 I expect a really high quality product that will last all day. And this just didn't cut it. I also tried Night Clubbing from this line & it's just as bad. Back to Sephora these go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I have never been a fan of any black eyeshadows, so I always buy dark browns as far as crease and outter v colors go. I'd say this color is an extreme dark brown espresso with gold glitters. For me this was too dark though, it almost seemed black. And that is not what I wanted. I ended up swapping mine since I knew it would get no love. So no I would not repurchase. But, like all Nars products, this is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. Easy to blend however it is a tad chalky and the gold glitters do not transfer to the eye(which is fine with me). I still love Nars, just not this color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an super duper dark ESPRESSO laced with a touch of gold. If I want an uber dark brown smokey look, this is the way to go!!!! It's also great for me when I don't want to use Carbon to intensify a look. It gives just enough. I know it's gonna last me a long long time. (MAC NC42/43 for reference).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's not black, but it is a rich coffee shade. That's why it's described as an espresso infused with gold. The undertone is a slight glitter that is microfine. It appears as a semi matte on the lid. The pigment will stain your finger, and you have to be sure where to place it on your eye lid. Where it goes, it stays. Not all NARS shadows are worth the money. I love the brand, but all brands are like that. There are gems in the line though, and this is one. You just have to tap your brush on it to lift the color. It's really easy to use too much or get a lot on your brush. Even though it's a hard packed shadow, the pigment is intense. These are double the amount of MAC. For $9 more than the price of MAC too. If this shadow doesn't last for you, then no other eyeshadow will.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own several NARS single eye shadows and love them all but this one is fantastic. It is a really dark brown with a great adult shimmer...no glitter. It makes a fantastic eyeliner and really rocks out a smokey eye. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't be more impressed with this blackened brown eyeshadow with adult (NOT teenybopper) glitter that blends easily and beautifully. This is my first single NARS eyeshadow, and it's the best "outer v" eye color I've ever had. It makes for a gorgeous smoky brown eye. In the store, I used Galapagos on the lid, Abyssinia as a highlight and Mekong on the outer v, and it was the best eye look ever. (Noe I just have to save up for Galapagos and Abyssinia--that's the one drawback. SUPER-pricey shadows.) I even have brown eyes and it worked to make them look beautiful. I think that's a statement to its quality and versatility. Also, I can use it alone and blend it WAY out for a lighter color to cover the lower lid. Long-wearing, too. I am SUCH a NARS believer now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by 64colors

I actually really like this! I did buy this with the intention of getting on off-black shadow, versus a dark brown, so I was not disapointed over how dark it is. True black like Nyx Black or MAC Carbon can look a bit too hard and edgy, and Mekong is a softer alternative. It actually reminds me of MAC Smut, which is like a muted black-gray with the slightest hint of burgundy and purple, Mekong would be a black-brown with the subletest hint of greenish bronze. It's a bit more intense than Smut though, so I use a light hand. Great for smudge on the lash line when you don't want to bother with pencils, creams, or gels.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by KelRo727

Comes out more Black to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lovelyhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color!! So easy to blend, has some fall out, but very beautiful. NARS eyeshadows are so creamy and smooth..I love them!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Fuquaylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have fallen in love with this shadow - It is the perfect dark brown with just a hint of shimmer and a olive green/bronzey undertone to it. This is the perfect brown for true green eyes - it really made my eye color stand out when I wore this, and is great for doing a smoky eye on green eyes. Works well as a lid, crease, or liner color. I wore this over an Art Deco shadow base, and it stayed crease free all day. The color did not apply as smoothly as I would have liked, but did blend/smudge out well. This is my new favorite eye shadow out of the over 300 that I own.