Qtica Intense Lip Repair Balm

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this is the BEST lip treatment I have ever used. It is SOOO thick. It really helps. Me = 2 weeks post-op from jaw surgery and always breathing weird, my lips are SOOO dry it hurts and they're peeling and bleeding. I got this and it's the best thing ever. It will forever remain on my wishlist. LOVE YOU QTICA!

on 10/31/2007 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite overnight lip balm. I have been using it for about 7 years or so. It's the only lip balm that I know of that actually stays on the whole night. It has a mild cooling sensation feel to it when you first put it on. It's kind of thick and it is white and it wouldn't be a lip balm that you would wear during the day. If my lips feel at all dry before bed (especially in the winter), I put this balm on overnight and it moisturizes all night long. I would definately recommend this product. It is excellent and I have bought many, many tubes over the years.

on 10/16/2007 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oct31/07 Updated to add: I actually don't like this that much. It's very glossy & sticky - it sits on my lips. I think it moisturizes all that well, I wake up with flaky lips - will retry this with more diligent lip exfoliation. Please do not apply on slightly flaky lips, it cakes into areas & is white.

I just got this today so I will review this later. Initial thoughts: Very thick & kinda sticky - doesn't melt into your lips like pure lanolin. I may try to mix some pure lanolin, aloe vera gel & beeswax lipbalm as I have some laying around the house to see if it has the same effect as this fairly expensive lipbalm.

INGREDIENTS: Lanolin, Water(Aqua), Oxtyl Methocinnamate, Glyecerin, Beeswax, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Menthol, Camphor, Sodium Borate, Panthenol, Aloe Vera Gel, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Methyl Paraben, Propylparaben.

on 9/23/2007 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG lip balm for night time, as during the day I prefer Zoya Hot Lips instead. This balm makes my lips soft and chap-free and I love everything about it, the packaging, the scent, the texture, the results. It's quite thick but I guess that would make it last longer. Will definitely repurchase if my tube runs out.

on 8/12/2007 4:15:00 PM

I'm disappointed in this product - I received a 2ml sample from the spa that I get my facials at, and I liked it initially and wanted to try it for longer. My friend gave me the full sized tube because she didn't like it after trying it a couple of times, so I decided to give this a longer trial. I'm not sure if the full sized tube is different from the little sample pack I received, but this just didn't cut it for me. It's very thick, to the point where I had to massage the tube before I can get any product out. And once it's on my lips, it is hard to spread around - and even with the tiniest amount I put on my lips, it leaves a white residue on my lips which isn't very attractive. I also don't care for the scent very much - at first I liked the natural scent but the menthol becomes quite overwhelming. As for protecting and moisturizing my lips, it does a decent job, but so so does many other lip balms for much less. I only wear this at nights before I got to bed because of the white residue, and it does seem to stay on my lips all night long which I like (not many balms can claim this). I believe this little 15ml tube is retailed at around $20 Cdn, which is way more than I would ever pay for this, thank goodness my friend gave me this. I would not purchase this for myself when the tube runs out.

on 1/1/2007 11:12:00 PM

Hands down the best lip balm I have ever used, and I have used alot. The tube is long-lasting, and its contents are concentrated, thick, and effective for ridding my lips of winter crusty-chappedness. Highly recommended!

on 11/25/2006 8:30:00 PM

i absolutely ADORE this lipbalm. forgot which website i purchased it from but it's definitely a keeper. i usually wear it during the day, right before applying my lipstick. it definitely does a great job of moisturizing your lips but it's entirely too thick for night. that's when the big guns (CLEU DE PEAU) come it. lol! but this will forever be my daytime staple.

on 4/21/2006 4:19:00 PM

This is by far the best lip treatment I've ever used! If used sparingly it lasts forever. Put a little on before lipstick (but blot before applying lipstick) and it gives you plump, line free lips. Who needs collagen! Also works under gloss to dilute strong colours. I couldn't find it for a while because not a lot of stores seem to carry it, but thank goodness I found a new one that has it!

on 1/2/2006 3:12:00 AM

I'm on my 2nd tube of this lip balm. It's my HG. I'm a lip balm addict and have tried many, many (too many, hee hee) brands. I'm always looking for better but so far, Qtica and Victoria's Secret Balmy Nights are my 2 favorites.

I like to use this as a lip primer. It softens the look of lip liner and prevents the lip liner from drying out my lips. The only disadvantage of this product is it comes in a squeeze tube that is very hard to use when cold. The lip balm stiffens to the consistency of cold butter and takes some effort to squeeze out of the tube. All in all, though, a great lip balm for chapped, flaky lips. (Costs about $12.00 on Qtica.com) continued >>

on 11/15/2005 11:27:00 PM

Great product. Will definately purchase again and again. I have tried every lip balm there is...La Mer, Nuxe, Kiehls, etc. definately the best. On the flip side do not apply too much or you will have white lips. I always use this under lip-gloss or lipstick. One tube will last and last so give it a try.

Popular Lip Treatments