September 1, 2014 | 1873 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by yuliana31

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It says its for oily skin. BUT it's not! It leaves u shiny and its really greasy. Moreover the color is very pale - I c others commenting on it too. I am white as it gets but even for me I thought it was just enhancing that white while I always try to go for a glow and not clinical white. The bigger point - it is heavy!!! And it clogs pores! I knw it says it doesn't but after using it my blackheads just quadrupled. The minute I stopped my skin got back to norm. I say if ur oily don't use it. It's all marketing and I bought into it:-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Expensive but good ($36 for full size @ sephora). It's pretty pale but not too pale (sorry I don't know what shade I am). Not too 'greasy' feeling and not too dry either. Smooths on and blends well with fingers. Easy to use. Coverage is medium - covers redness and dark circles well without looking too cakey. I just use this on my cheeks, eyelids, under eyes, and sometimes on small blemishes (don't like the feel of makeup on my whole face). It doesn't seem to break me out or make breakouts worse when I apply it on top of blemishes. Yes it's expensive but good quality and will last forever especially if you don't apply to your whole face everyday. I also like that it has SPF. Packaging is great (has a pump).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by jlee92

This is one of my fav BB creams around and believe me, I have tried tons of BB cream (Asian and Western) for me to talk about this one and say that it's one of my top picks. Like most Asian BB creams, this one is on the thicker side and offers medium coverage for me. It doesnt irritate my somewhat sensitive skin and doesnt feel too heavy on my skin. Last all day without melting off my face (and I do live in Singapore which is hot and humid all year round). Great for everyday wear vs a foundation and after using it for a few years, I can say it does benefit the skin (of course no form of makeup is exactly healthy for the skin). I can definitely see the whitening effects of this BB cream and also helped in the fading of the post-acne scars I used to have on my face. All in all I always recommend this to my friends and all those who have tried this based on my recommnedations love this stuff. So needless to say, this baby is a great one to add to your BB cream collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

This is a good BB cream. It has nice coverage, it blends well and it lasts. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is that it messes up any pressed powder makeup I use (powder, blush, bronzer, etc). Traces of it gets on the sponge or brushes I use for my powder makeup and causes them to develop a weird, hard layer on top. You can scrape it off, but it just comes back. I honestly have no idea why, but it only happens when I'm using this product regularly. I'm guessing there's an oil or ingredient in it that hardens powder makeup. Either way it's not worth or because you end up wasting your other products! Too bad though because otherwise it's good.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a good-sized sample of this from the lovely Sephora SA. This one is more for pink-undertoned skins. I have yellow undertones, but I'm pale so I still can make it work (I asked hubby's opinion - in natural light - and he could barely detect a difference in color). Wore it today, dusted with powder (something I will never give up). It's OK, but nothing groundbreaking. I like that it's not greasy as most bbc, that leave you looking like you basted your face. Yuck! Still, it's certainly not something on which to waste $36.

I guess I'll just never become a bbc convert. The more I try them, the more I go 'meh.' I have Garnier's BBC for oily skin and I'll just settle for that. I'd much rather save my money for a new foundation (not that I need another one).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by xClairex547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This BB cream was okay it was not a perfect match for my skin since i have more yellowish undertones if this was made for yellow undertones this would have been a better match.(i'm half Hispanic and half English so i have paleish skin with yellow undertones)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by readingstuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I give this product a zero ( unfortunately one is the lowest rating I am allowed to select). First off let me say that I am a combination of pale European and tanned Mediterranean genes, so I have come out as a very pale ivory skin with yellow undertones. I have a dickens of a time finding western makeup to match my coloring ( unless I mix my own), but have had some luck with Asian brands. The first BB cream I tried was Skin79 VIP Gold that my cousin gave me. I really liked the coverage and the finish ( even though it is a little dark for me), but I didn't love a lot of the ingredients for my sensitive/ acne prone skin. It also has a horrifically strong smell. So I was looking for a BB cream that would be nicer to my skin.

I was in Sephora and got sold on the Dr. Jart+ black label detox BB cream. It is going straight back. What a waste of money. Firstly, though I clearly told the sales girl that I have yellow undertones this BB cream is very pink. And I mean very. In natural light I looked ridiculous. My coworker asked after my health because she said I looked like i wasn't feeling well, and she was right, I looked flushed (or like I had applied pink powder to my whole face).

Not only that, but the product went on streaky, and dried patchy and blotchy. It found flaws I never even knew I had in my skin to cling to. My skin texture actually looked worse while wearing it. It provided minimal coverage for my old acne spots, and wasn't friendly with the concealer I tried to blend in to help cover my marks. In short, I was embarrassed to be out in public.

After removing the Dr. Jart my skin looked very red, so I suppose it was irritating to me on top of everything else.

BOTTOM LINE: if you have yellow undertones - don't buy this. If you do NOT have a perfect velvet texture to your natural skin don't buy this ( my skin is soft , not flaky, but it found teeny tiny textures in my skin and clung to them and accentuated them - Gross!). If you are looking for something you can apply easily and won't have to doctor it, or play with it a lot to get it to look decent then don't buy this.

I will say that the price wasn't bad ( just under $40 at Sephora) for the amount of product that came in the tube. BUT I had to shake it before using because the first squirt came out as nothing but a slightly tinted oil, so keep that in mind if you do decide to give this BB cream a go.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by chris00111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate foundation, but need to wear something. I was using mineral powder, but it was too drying. Tinted moisturizers were not enough coverage after i had a bad breakout this winter. Liquid foundations were too thick and broke me out worse. So, I decided to try this BB cream. OMG, it has been a month and i love it. The best ever! Very light, blends well, hides pores and covers redness. I use less concealer under my eyes and on pimples/red marks. I love this stuff. I use 1.5 pumps, dab it all over and then blend with the beauty blender, then use a loose powder to set. I still use moisturizer before as my skin is very dry. I definitely see an improvement in my skin and will continue using this!

Update:
I started using Retin A for my acne and hyperpigmentation. Obviously Retin A is very drying, but I follow the directions to a T, so its not too bad. I also have very good moisturizers (especially Jojoba oil). However, I started to notice that using the Dr. Jart BB cream just made my skinny flaky and cakey now. I definitely don't need to use as much (0.5-1 pump), but it just doesn't look good. BLAH. I really loved this stuff (it was so awesome for the Retin A redness). I will not be using it while I wait out the Retin A drying, but hopefully I can go back soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by twiglette

I've used this for a month now and it has a great light consistency that goes on smoother than the Water Fuse that I used previously. However, I find that there is less coverage (maybe because of the consistency?) than Water Fuse, although this isn't a huge problem for me because I don't tend to get blemishes (I have light acne scars that need minor cover-up). It makes my skin feel softer and has primer-like qualities. It is pricey though, and I might try a cheaper drugstore brand next to see whether it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

This is my first BB Cream purchase. I was not happy that it only came in one shade, but I tried it anyway. I have "medium" colored skin, I am not pale nor am I tan - that being said this BB does seem to be a little pale when I first put it on, but I swear it eventually blends and looks fine. I have very oily and acne prone skin and this product keeps me matte all day long and is actually clearing up my skin. I use a setting powder after I apply it and the combination really does produce the "flawless face" look. I am so pro-BB and anti foundation after using Dr. Jarts!