April 19, 2014 | 1819 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by chris00111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate foundation, but need to wear something. I was using mineral powder, but it was too drying. Tinted moisturizers were not enough coverage after i had a bad breakout this winter. Liquid foundations were too thick and broke me out worse. So, I decided to try this BB cream. OMG, it has been a month and i love it. The best ever! Very light, blends well, hides pores and covers redness. I use less concealer under my eyes and on pimples/red marks. I love this stuff. I use 1.5 pumps, dab it all over and then blend with the beauty blender, then use a loose powder to set. I still use moisturizer before as my skin is very dry. I definitely see an improvement in my skin and will continue using this!

Update:
I started using Retin A for my acne and hyperpigmentation. Obviously Retin A is very drying, but I follow the directions to a T, so its not too bad. I also have very good moisturizers (especially Jojoba oil). However, I started to notice that using the Dr. Jart BB cream just made my skinny flaky and cakey now. I definitely don't need to use as much (0.5-1 pump), but it just doesn't look good. BLAH. I really loved this stuff (it was so awesome for the Retin A redness). I will not be using it while I wait out the Retin A drying, but hopefully I can go back soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by twiglette

I've used this for a month now and it has a great light consistency that goes on smoother than the Water Fuse that I used previously. However, I find that there is less coverage (maybe because of the consistency?) than Water Fuse, although this isn't a huge problem for me because I don't tend to get blemishes (I have light acne scars that need minor cover-up). It makes my skin feel softer and has primer-like qualities. It is pricey though, and I might try a cheaper drugstore brand next to see whether it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

This is my first BB Cream purchase. I was not happy that it only came in one shade, but I tried it anyway. I have "medium" colored skin, I am not pale nor am I tan - that being said this BB does seem to be a little pale when I first put it on, but I swear it eventually blends and looks fine. I have very oily and acne prone skin and this product keeps me matte all day long and is actually clearing up my skin. I use a setting powder after I apply it and the combination really does produce the "flawless face" look. I am so pro-BB and anti foundation after using Dr. Jarts!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sewong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though I have tried other Asian BB creams, I have to say I am VERY pleased with this one. When I first dotted it on, the color scared me, but it blended out perfectly into my NC 25-30/ UD Naked 4.0 skin. I love how it feels and the coverage it gives me compared to all American BB creams and many other Asian BB creams. My skin texture also improved after only a few uses. It's a great option for lazy days or when you want your skin to breathe. A great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by asianl0vex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this product! i bought the dr. jart 4 set bb cream sampler from sephora and i definitely loved this one better than any of them. My skin is very oily, but overall no blemishes and smooth. But holy cow, this bb cream made my skin even softer and smoother which i didn't think was possible! After showering and washing my face my skin feels soo amazing and I just want to keep stroking my face even though I shouldn't unless I want to break out haha. Some of the universal bb creams definitely do not work out for me and look grey, but this bb cream blended perfectly onto my light cool asian skin. I use very little product and blend it out with a sigma brush. Overall, i LOVE this product! Definitely going back to buy a full sized bottle!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZING. No, I would never believe one color would work, and I am NC25, UD Naked in 4.0, and this morphs into the perfect, perfect color. No need for seperate SPF, I apply rather thick, as it is rather thick, and get a good winter SPF 25 as I do not go into direct sunlight. It has more coverage than the UD naked I use for nights out (sadly no SPF, but maybe that is good in a way). This stays on forever, forget your primer. Not drying or mositurizing really, maybe a bit moisturizing. I just can't believe this really works, and looks beautiful.

Edit: OOPS, after wearing for awhile someone told me this looked like a thick mask and darn it in the outstide light they were right. Went with Nars TM in Alaska.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great BB cream for the summer, as it controls oil and has fresh-looking, all-day coverage without clogging pores. However, I'm struggling to use this now that the weather is getting drier. It accentuates every dry/flaky patch on my face and settles into creases during the day. The dry consistency I appreciated in the summer is just not working with my winter skin. This would probably be a great year-round BB cream for those with skin on the oily side.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by crock4596

Pros: short answer: Beautiful coverage, dewy finish, long lasting.
Long answer: I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to my foundation. I have tried everything from MUFE HV, Laura Mercier moisture supreme, Clinique acne solutions, MAC studio sculpt, NARS sheer glow and there are probably more I am forgetting. As you can see from the foundations I have listed, I prefer a radiant dewy finish. I have acne prone skin, and the bottom part of both sides of my face have bright red acne scars. I have also tried EVERYTHING to lighten my scars from neosporin, lemon juice, clinique even better clinical and garnier spot removal serum, and nothing has helped lighten my spots. I have dry patches in the spots that I have acne scars because I religiously apply acne spot treatments to my face every night which dries it out. My favorite foundation I have ever used was MUFE HD because I loved that it was able to cover my acne scars without being full overage or cakey. Within 2 weeks of using MUFE HD I started getting painful cystic acne which closely resembled the reaction I got when wearing Bare Minerals. Both of these products contain MICA, so I have decided to steer clear of anything that contains MICA in it. After returning my MUFE HD, I sampled literally every single foundation that sephora had to offer (besides TARTE because it also contains MICA) trying to find something that had the same finish as MUFE HD. To make a long story short, I spent 2 months trying to find a product that had a similar finish as MUFE and finally gave this a try because one of the sales girls at sephora wouldn't leave me alone about it (and Im glad she didn't). I took my sample home that night and applied it before going out to dinner. I immediately fell in love with the finish( my same reaction after first trying MUFE HD). Like I said before, I have bright red acne scars and this covers them in such a beautiful way that doesn't make it look like I used a lot of products to cover them up. I hate seeing girls that wear so much product on top of their acne, because to me, it just makes the spots on their face that theyre trying to conceal look even more noticeable. Obviously it doesnt cover them COMPLETELY but I would not feel self conscious wearing this product without concealer underneath because it covers them so well. When I go to work, I obviously use a concealer, because I work at MAC and Im under bright lights all day. I have been wearing this product for almost a week now and believe it or not my acne scars on the left side of my face have faded!! The right side with the acne has slightly faded but not as much because that side of my face tends to be more stubborn. Not only have my scars faded, but my face isn't as bumpy either. The girls who I work with, who are also make up artists, have said my face looks soooooo much better and they know about my struggles with foundations because I am always complaining to them about it. I have absolutely hated every bb cream I have ever tried because to me, it just looked like I was putting on a tinted moisturizer, and the reason i wear foundation in the first place is to hide my scars. This is the first bb cream i have ever liked because of the radiant finish and the amount of coverage it has without looking cakey or too "full coverage". I love that you can still see my actual skin underneath and that my face doesn't look like I'm wearing a mask. Also, although this has spf 25, it photographs well in pictures and doesn't give off a ghostly white cast. PLEASE try this. This is coming from an extremely picky mac make up artist who suffers with bright red acne scars and bumpy skin. I have seen such an improvement since wearing this.

cons: short answer: not enough shades.
long answer: This is better suited for girls with pink undertones( I have yellow, but still wear it) and it only comes in one color. It does adjust to your skin tone but I just wish there were more variety of color. In order to make it look like it blends into my neck completely, I blend in my 2nd favorite product (smash box studio 15 hr wear) into my neck OR ill wear my smashbox foundation on top when going to work for some extra coverage.

How I apply it: I blend it in with my hands

Oily girls: this has a dewy finish, if you want to use this, but want it to look more matte wear a setting powder

Dry girls: try this!!!

Acne prone: try this!!

Girls who need coverage/ want to even their skin tone: try this!! Your acne scars might fade like mine did

sorry for the long answers, I hope this helps someone!

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have combination, sensitive skin. I've used Dr. Jart's Premium and it was fine except for not controlling my oil at all. So, I tried this one. The sales girl said it would help control my oil. Nope. It also made me break out, something the Premium did not do. Neither has enough coverage to cover some hyperpigmentation on my face, so I'm off to find something else. Thank goodness the store I bought it at takes returns.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For those with dry, sensitive skin who are hesitant to try a BB cream, this is great stuff (ok, at least for me!). It instantly hides imperfections with a light coat and doesn't sting even in my eye area. I don't think the SPF is high enough to protect adequately with the amount of product most people will use, so if I will be outside, I apply over a physical spf 15 and have not had any issues with caking or balling up of product. The pump dispenser is awesome (although some will have issues with not being able to see how much is left or getting every drop of this expensive product out of the tube). Two pumps gives me flawless, natural looking skin without feeling heavy. This is the only BB cream that has suited my pale, neutral skin. It does have a pinker cast rather than a yellow one, but it perks up my skin. The finish is on the matte side, but in a very natural, non-kabuki manner. My skin looks smooth and is not shiny but not dull, either. By the end of 12 hours it does settle into my creases and pores, but I have dry skin and people standing a normal distance away do not notice it. It will accentuate flakes, but what doesn't? Applying moisturizer beforehand and smoothing this stuff on while my skin is still slightly dewy helps a lot. I have suffered no rashes or breakouts. Keep in mind it is NOT a tinted moisturizer-based formula as so many of the American BB creams seem to be, so expect good coverage and little moisture (although there are skin-beneficial ingredients). This is available in many Sephoras, so you can try before you buy. It is expensive but when something works so well, I think it's worth every penny.