January 29, 2015 | 1284 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, this is my first BB cream so I have nothing to compare it to. I had been thinking about getting a BB cream for awhile for the days when I'm running late for class and don't have time to put on a whole face of makeup. After doing a decent amount of research, I decided to try this one and am so happy I did. It provides a nice light amount of coverage so I still feel okay leaving the house without this one. Frequently, I will still wear powder and concealer over it. I still wear moisturizer underneath. I have acne prone skin and this hasn't caused additional breakouts. Overall I've been super pleased by my purchase. If I only had to buy one piece of makeup, this would be it. It has become essential to my daily regimen.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by belle2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Left my face feeling greasy and sticky, with hairs sticking to me face. 6 hours after application still looks freshly applied, the color did not oxidize. The color however was not for me, too pink/ ashy looking. I would stick to Garniers BB more for the money, and the golden color suits me better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by holychiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried many BB creams and this is by far my favourite. It doesn't break me out which is pretty outstanding considering I usually break out immediately using products with added SPF.

Some people dislike the dewy/shiny look of this product but I am actually super into it!! This will NOT GIVE YOU MATTE SKIN!! But I think dewy is a nice fresh look.

Also I blind ordered online and was lucky enough that it matched my skintone perfectly (fair/pink undertone). Don't be alarmed - it initially goes on with a VERY VERY grey colour, but it soon settles and blends in. I was pretty freaked out at first :)

Not super heavy coverage, I usually mix a pea-sized amount with my moisturizer and I'm good to go!

I am on my second tube of this, would highly recommend for light/fair skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

TBC

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.533%; Zinc Oxide 3.840%;

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Arbutin, Iron Oxides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Ubiquinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caviar Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Benzoate

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by woaifobs

There are tons of BB and CC creams on the market today. I've been using BB creams since they first became popular in Korea. Dr. Jart+ is the most expensive BB cream but I would not purchase again.

It does give better coverage than most others but it I don't like that it is extremely heavy and oily. If I'm going to use BB cream for an all day tinted moisturizer, it's not good to be super shiny the second you put it on. This may be good for you if your skin is dry and T-zone does not get oily.

In addition, the smell isn't all that nice. I would prefer no smell if they aren't going to make the effort to make it smell nice.

Bottomline: It's a good BB cream in terms of moisturizing/SPF properties and coverage, but it's just too oily for all-day/everyday use. For the price, that is unacceptable.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Puresimple1

I got this in a sample size (sephora summer beauty essentials point perk 250) and I tried it today! I like the texture better than the maybelline bb cream! It's a little too pink toned. Didn't do much for acne. Evened the skin a little bit. I would be careful how you apply it, it can get cakey! Use a pressing action!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by yuliana31

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It says its for oily skin. BUT it's not! It leaves u shiny and its really greasy. Moreover the color is very pale - I c others commenting on it too. I am white as it gets but even for me I thought it was just enhancing that white while I always try to go for a glow and not clinical white. The bigger point - it is heavy!!! And it clogs pores! I knw it says it doesn't but after using it my blackheads just quadrupled. The minute I stopped my skin got back to norm. I say if ur oily don't use it. It's all marketing and I bought into it:-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Expensive but good ($36 for full size @ sephora). It's pretty pale but not too pale (sorry I don't know what shade I am). Not too 'greasy' feeling and not too dry either. Smooths on and blends well with fingers. Easy to use. Coverage is medium - covers redness and dark circles well without looking too cakey. I just use this on my cheeks, eyelids, under eyes, and sometimes on small blemishes (don't like the feel of makeup on my whole face). It doesn't seem to break me out or make breakouts worse when I apply it on top of blemishes. Yes it's expensive but good quality and will last forever especially if you don't apply to your whole face everyday. I also like that it has SPF. Packaging is great (has a pump).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by jlee92

This is one of my fav BB creams around and believe me, I have tried tons of BB cream (Asian and Western) for me to talk about this one and say that it's one of my top picks. Like most Asian BB creams, this one is on the thicker side and offers medium coverage for me. It doesnt irritate my somewhat sensitive skin and doesnt feel too heavy on my skin. Last all day without melting off my face (and I do live in Singapore which is hot and humid all year round). Great for everyday wear vs a foundation and after using it for a few years, I can say it does benefit the skin (of course no form of makeup is exactly healthy for the skin). I can definitely see the whitening effects of this BB cream and also helped in the fading of the post-acne scars I used to have on my face. All in all I always recommend this to my friends and all those who have tried this based on my recommnedations love this stuff. So needless to say, this baby is a great one to add to your BB cream collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

This is a good BB cream. It has nice coverage, it blends well and it lasts. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is that it messes up any pressed powder makeup I use (powder, blush, bronzer, etc). Traces of it gets on the sponge or brushes I use for my powder makeup and causes them to develop a weird, hard layer on top. You can scrape it off, but it just comes back. I honestly have no idea why, but it only happens when I'm using this product regularly. I'm guessing there's an oil or ingredient in it that hardens powder makeup. Either way it's not worth or because you end up wasting your other products! Too bad though because otherwise it's good.