October 1, 2014 | 1358 users online

Polishes - Sephora - Sephora by OPI - Mermaid To Order

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Its the perfect mermaid color! I love Zoya Charla as well, but if you want something that isn't a glitter for easier removal (and probably less prone to chipping) this is it! SOPI's Mermaid to Order is the perfect green/teal/blue/gold duochrome you've been looking for. Its an amazing color for summer, I have it on right now! If you're wearing it and slowly rotate your nails towards and away from the light you'll see the various colors trapped inside the polish. Its beautiful and even though its a bit expensive it wears like a dream and is definitely worth getting

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

Next to Zoya Charla, this is the best summery Mermaid color I've ever seen. Mermaid to Order is Just gorgeous and the formula is fabulous. Lately, OPI has come out with great colors and equally amazing, very spreadable, formulas. This is THE summer color, and I will be using it religiously this summer of '10.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this color for a pedicure because it matched a dress I was planning to wear. It definitely looks different in the bottle than on the nails, but I do like the shade and it does seem to look slightly different depending on the kind of light you see it in. I really like the metallic sheen that is mixed in with the color. Boyfriend and friend thought this was a nutty color for nails, so even though it was a fun change of pace, I probably won't use this particular shade again.

I have a few of the Sephora by OPI polishes and they really seem to go on smoothly and last quite a long time with no chipping if a base coat and top coat are used. I would continue to buy different shades within this product line without hesitation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by SwtStrawb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this nail polish because I thought it would be more turquoise-like on. But it definitely falls in the green color scale rather than blue/turquoise one. Even though it's not how I expected it to be, it has grown on me. It's a very unique, striking shade. I've gotten compliments from both men and women. Teal is a popular color this season, so it actually goes with a few tops in my closet. It also wears unbelievably. I didn't use a base coat or top coat, just 3 thin coats of this color and it's lasted me 5 days without a chip and I cleaned the bathroom (without gloves) the other day. I'm just showing normal wear down on the tips of my nails. I could easily wear this color another two days (making it a full week) without it being unsightly (I do keep my nails on the short side). I will definitely try other colors of this Sephora by OPI line.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bunnyfoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic and unique colour! In the bottle it looks like a dark blue, teal colour. On my toes, it changes colour depending on the light. When I first put it on, it was a bright teal-green-gold colour but in other types of lighting, you can see more blue hues come out. It really has the multidimensional colour that a mermaid's tail would have. A little pricey at $12 CDN but only slightly more than OPI which sells for $9.95 at salons.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bsblove9

Love this color. It has has a shimmer to it just like a mermaid's tail would. And the color is just amazing. I didn't know what this color was and I painted my toes with it and I went around telling everyone it was my mermaid nail polish. How funny that it's called "Mermaid to Order". But yes I will be getting this agian. I'm addicted to this stuff. Expect to run out by the end of the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this NP. Got it a while back when Sephora was promoting it. I am a sucker for bright multi-dimensional type colors and applies lovely. Gorgeous color to say the least! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by deelovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice product and a very pretty color for spring and summer. It looks teal, green, or blue in different lights. I expected it to be purple-y but I still love the color nonetheless and I would certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my fourth sephora by opi nail polish and I really am in love with the colour. I always saw this at sephora and I always though it was amazing, but I never got it for some reason. I finally got this the other day and I love it so much. It changes so much in different lighting. It's really gorgeous and stays on without chipping for the longest time

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by redgummybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I should start off by saying that when it comes to nail polish application, I have the skills of a kindergartner. Especially trying to paint the nails on my right hand, I find it extremely difficult to get a smooth application, and I am always smudging my nails before they've dried and having to strip and start over. So I am in love with whatever it is about $OPI polishes (the formula or brush or magical powers) that suddenly makes me capable of actually and successfully painting my nails. These polishes glide-on super smoothly and then (this color especially) wear like iron, even without a topcoat. I have Mermaid To Order on my fingers and toes right now, and they've been going strong for 5 days with zero chips. (I do have a topcoat on my fingers tho.)

Mermaid to Order is my favorite polish in my current collection. It's a beautiful, complex, fun color, which feels like many different colors in one (more pronounced in the bottle). On my nails, this color shifts depending on how the light is hitting it. Overall, Mermaid to Order is a beautiful metallic blue-green, exactly the color in my mind when I think of mermaids. Where the light hits it, it brightens to almost a yellow. In the shadows, it deepens to an ocean blue. For a while I thought this color shift might have been in my head, but this weekend, after seeing me under different lighting, my friend asked whether I had repainted my nails as the color seemed much bluer.