July 23, 2014 | 1790 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by shannonstyles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation as it gives me light to full coverage. Even though this foundation has amazing coverage and can be made to a lighter coverage it still looks like you are wearing makeup which is not good for things such a school. Bare minerals have an amazing shade range for this product I wear shade golden dark and in mac wear nw45, but this shade seems a little red/orange but so do any foundations in my shade.This foundation is a matte foundation at it is called bare mineral'matte'. unlucky for me this just doesnt keep my skin matte:( I have extremely oily acne-prone skin. Overall I would buy this porduct again and recomend it to anyone with any skin type that is looking for a powder foundation around the £25 mark.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by SunnySoFla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted so badly to like this product. I used it when I was in high school and quit using it when I started college but couldn't remember why so I gave it another try. It has a nice finish but totally accentuates every line and pore on my face. I could build it to a nice full coverage with the precision brush, but still. I'll keep it for an occasional but wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Dupsie

My new everyday makeup. I absolutely love it. It compliments my skin lovely and the coverage is great and it didn't break me out.

I initially tried the original and that broke me out. I think that is due to the bismuth in it.

If you reacted bad to the original, try the matte formula.

I also found that when I used it on its own, it did not control shine. However, with the mineral veil it did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by idie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I came across this foundation - I have spent a lot of money trying to find one that works for my skin. I LOVE this foundation. Don't need a lot of it and great for day to day. I do find i have to touch up during the day due to some oil shine but otherwise it's a great foundation. Think I may have found my HG finally!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I don't use this as foundation. I use it to pigment my moisturizer. I use philosophy acne lotion, squeeze it in an old clinique jar, add a jar of this powder, shake the crap out of it and voila! Oil absorbing, acne treating, covering, tone correct, spf moisturizer. I do this twice a year. Once in golden light for winter and golden medium for summer. I usually apply estee lauder double wear over this and use my concoction as a primer and its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by wenqing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've had so many jars of bareminerals. even when i was having reactions due to experimenting with some new product, it doesn't further irritate my skin, actually i think it sooths and helps the skin to heal for itself a lot faster. oddly i never experienced itching or irritated skin problems many peaople have with it since i have sensitive skin. now since i know better skin care wise i have pretty much clear skin, i actually appreciate bareminerals more. the original version looks completely invisible on the skin with one or two layers and still offers medium coverage, but after 5 to 6 hrs it always melts away around my nose and mouth. the matte one doesn't do that, it holds on for the whole day, but it can look a little powdery. same shade name but matte is a bit darker. the sifter/lock thing on the packaging is genius, completely prevents the powder from spilling out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I've purchased this several times already, but always find myself using it for one month at a time and then stopping. I have a weird relationship with this foundation. Sometimes I like it and sometimes it's complete crap. Almost all the times I've used this it has made me orange by the end of the day. This stuff is okay if you need to wear makeup in the sun, only because of the sun protection and because it's waterproof. But I don't think I'll ever purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by vah29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very mixed feelings about this foundation. I have very fair skin so I am usually the lightest foundation shade, but the shade Light is far too pink. I hate when fair makeup is a salmon pink shade instead of just being a nice, natural, beige fair color. I have oily skin so I got the matte formula, but my face still gets very greasy with this makeup on. I get shiny, the makeup melts away, and I have to blot and reapply often (like several times a day). Yet when I reapply, the makeup has a dry, powdery finish that clings to pores. It doesn't cover redness around my nose and I still need concealer. It wears off very quickly and pretty much completely disappears even if I haven't been doing anything that should cause my makeup to rub off.

What I do like about this is the ease of application. I love buffing the powder on with a kabuki brush because it is so fast and easy, so it's a nice change from blending in liquid foundation every day. It feels very light and looks nice the first time I apply it in the morning despite not covering as well as I'd like, but it looks like a mess within a couple of hours. Also, the black matte lid on the packaging gets powdery fingerprints stuck to it with every use and powder gets all over my table despite being careful to swirl and tap it in the lid.

Overall, I don't hate it and if I could find a fair enough color that isn't pink I would probably repurchase this just to have something very quick and convenient to put on in a rush. However, since the color isn't great for me and it doesn't wear well I don't plan on repurchasing. I recommend Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for a very light, invisible feeling foundation that lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Jessstones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a million different foundations in the past but have been faithful to BareMinerals matte foundation for a couple years now. I have incredibly oily skin with red patches, big pores and some adult acne. I initially was hesitant to try BareMinerals because I didn't think it would give me enough coverage. It actually gives me plenty of coverage. I use this along with the Mineral Veil and it looks awesome. My only gripe is I wish I could find it in a bigger container because I can go through one of these in about a month and a half. Other than that I would definitely recommend this! It is a little pricey but totally worth every penny. I live in Florida and when I wear most liquid foundations I feel like towards the end of the day the make up is sliding all over my face. With the BareMinerals I do just one touch up mid day (I like TheBalm Sexy Mama anti-shine translucent powder) & the BareMinerals matte keeps me looking fab.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jeca357

for u girls who are saying that this product breaks u out: it might not be this product that breaks your skin out IF this product is not the only product/makeup u are applying on your skin.
It takes time for our skin to get used to something that is completly new and unfamiliar to our skin. And if u are using more than one product, each one consisting 10 (some even 20-30) different ingredients, then u can't be 100% that it's from one(++) of the ingredients that is to be found in this powder.
a good tip could be : use for example this product, AND THIS PRODUCT ONLY (no primers, moisturizers ect.), for about 3-4 months, and then see after a few months how your skin reacts to this product...if it's still breaking u out, then there is something in this powder your skin does not stand...

and something else important if u have acne-prone skin and using a brush: wash your brush every single day so u are sure that brushes are not the ones causing your skin to break out